Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,019 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I have posted my thoughts on the album a while ago. I'm sorry if me doing something so simple as posting news and accolades the album isΒ receiving is soΒ upsetting and traumatic for some members.Β 

Β 

AjarFailingDog-max-1mb.gif

Β 

what is upsetting is seeing the same gifs over and over again, especially those featuring Jackoff, other than that I find you to be pretty harmlessΒ  :creep:

NFR hype definitely died quickly, that's why it just got nominated for top Grammy categories including Album of the Year and Song of the year and is topping year-end lists.

Β 

Oh, I forgot! By hype, you guys mean it doesn't have shitty, overproduced songs and visuals, perfect hair and make-up, and it's not high on the charts like other high-quality music such as Ed Sheeran and Maroon 5?Β 

Β 

The hype around the album died a week or so afterwards. Born To Die literally re-entered the Billboard 200 chart as of today, and is like 50 places in advance to NFR. So much for Lana's "magum opus" uh?

Β 

(who's going to tell him that there's world of difference between making subpar music lacking beautiful visuals and being a cheap mainstream commercial "artist"?Β  :facepalm:Β )

Β 

I don't really care how much critics are eating shit up over it, it remains the same lackluster album to me. Agree to disagree.Β  :smile2:

Β 

I log on here like once a week and every time it's just you talking shit about the album lol. We get it, you find it boring and lackluster. The large majority of people don't and see it for something a lot more substantial than that. Agree to disagree, don't keep repeating yourself.

I log on here like once a week and every time it's just you talking shit about the album lol. We get it, you find it boring and lackluster. The large majority of people don't and see it for something a lot more substantial than that. Agree to disagree, don't keep repeating yourself.

Β 

Yeah sure, I'm literally the only person that comes here to repeat myself, as if other people on this boring thread don't do the same in other ways, like at all. Thanks for your input though. Agree to disagree, indeed.

Yeah sure, I'm literally the only person that comes here to repeat myself, as if other people on this boring thread don't do the same in other ways, like at all. Thanks for your input though. Agree to disagree, indeed.

Β 

Lol fair enough, there is a lot of repetition here.

Lol fair enough, there is a lot of repetition here.

Β 

My point exactly. I don't see how I'm being considered repetitive when the other comments are like "oh what song grew on you", or that other guy Jared coming here to quote yet another article about the album and had snarky comments about people like me (as well as many others) that don't like the album all too much. The pre-release thread was much more interesting.

venice bitch < californiaΒ 

Β 

change my mind

done :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Onto more important things now. How do we get Lana toΒ stop mentioning her boyfriend cop from Oklahoma for another few months? Like why can't she at least say he's from L.A. - a small lie?Β 

Β 

tenor.gif

She's gonna move to Oklahoma and have a baby with the cop...Β  :O

Β 

Β 

domestic small town bliss was always a Lizzy fantasy that never worked out... It sounds like she has hope again and doesn't see herself doomed as the other woman anymore. I hope she finds that true pure love, she deserves it. and motherhood will be the most profound and important love she'll ever experience

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/dec/02/the-20-best-songs-of-2019-tracks?CMP=soc_567&fbclid=IwAR2M9U9VRfTdkmjLwOs8hcNGOxYV11uDrgJmoc8QpYwPtoycJbCuXiDNZyA

Β 

The Guardian puts The Greatest as #15 on the top songs of 2019.

Β 

Some good picks on the list! I just heard cellophane for the first time last week and I'm in love.

3lfQEhw.png

@@takeitdoen Your profilce pic is so iconic. Lana looksΒ  like she wanna sell drugs

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

Do you guys think that NFR! is nominated because of Jack Antonoff produced it?! His previous work with Lorde and Taylor was nominated too. I'm glad that Lana get finally praised and recognized and NFR! is agood album but I can imagine that behind the scenes the fact that Jack Antonoff produced the album played a role for the nomination.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

legit question cuz i've not really been around lanaboardsΒ post-release for any other album - is NFR post-release era the messiest and most divisive one yet?? there are so many strong differing opinions on the album. is this a common theme with lana's albums post-release or??

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I have posted my thoughts on the album a while ago. I'm sorry if me doing something so simple as posting news and accolades the album isΒ receiving is soΒ upsetting and traumatic for some members.Β 

Β 

Β 

Glad to see you're still hanging around and highly overestimating the impact your repetitive posts have on other people, Jared. It's a bit concerning that you're so pissy over people not thinking that the album is her absolute best.

Β 

I said it before the album came out, and I'll say it again (and many other people have said it, too)- critics shouldn't be lauded as the most important when it comes to opinions about Lana. I'm glad she's not getting dragged through the mud like she had been for most of this decade, but Honeymoon was my favourite album when NFR came out. It still is. And it's still way, way, way too soon to figure out how NFR will sit in her discography and general journey as an artist. It's still too early to say that for LfL in my opinion, but I have a feeling they're much more similar than some here would like to believe.Β 

locals only

Do you guys think that NFR! is nominated because of Jack Antonoff produced it?! His previous work with Lorde and Taylor was nominated too. I'm glad that Lana get finally praised and recognized and NFR! is agood album but I can imagine that behind the scenes the fact that Jack Antonoff produced the album played a role for the nomination.

Hm, maybe. But many critics have praised Lana’s lyrics and said something along with Jack’s β€œsound” is barely there/hardly noticeable, so I’d like to think most of it is Lana’s work and vision.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Β 

It definitely helps. Jack knows how the Grammys work, he's been nominated quite a few times (especially with his work with TSwift and won too) which I assume helps to get these nominations and look favorable in the eyes of the Academy.