Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

do y'all like not realize that people can't just quit smoking just like that.. like, ???hello? do y'all know how addiction works...  she's obviously trying to quit, and is now vaping instead of smoking cigs (which, yes, is still bad, but it's an improvement)

We realise, but how is she "obviously" trying to quit? I don't think that that's obvious at all. 

As I said, I think she thinks it's cool and edgy. She wouldn't be clutching her vape in photo shoots and whilst accepting awards if she didn't think so. Even a chain smoker can put down a cigarette to have a photo taken or make a 15 second long acceptance speech. 

Lots of people switch to vaping and never stop because they think it's healthy enough to do forever. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

We realise, but how is she "obviously" trying to quit? I don't think that that's obvious at all. 

As I said, I think she thinks it's cool and edgy. She wouldn't be clutching her vape in photo shoots and whilst accepting awards if she didn't think so. Even a chain smoker can put down a cigarette to have a photo taken or make a 15 second long acceptance speech. 

Lots of people switch to vaping and never stop because they think it's healthy enough to do forever. 

I mean if someone switches from smoking to vaping it's pretty obvious that they're trying to quit smoking.. She probs does think her vape looks cool, blinged out and all, but I doubt she's vaping just because she thinks it looks cool. And yes, lots of people do switch to vaping and never stop, cause it's hard to stop, cause it's an addiction.. If they could stop then they probs would, or atleast they would do it less.

qfrWuBl.png

Seeing as first she would vape and smoke, whereas now we only see her vaping, I think that in itself makes it very clear she’s using it to quit. My husband did the same, and he’s been vaping longer than Lana, but it doesn’t mean he’s suddenly not doing it to quit. And her taking pictures vaping means nothing. She took pictures smoking too. For all we know, she’s making a point of vaping in pictures to break the overused connection between her and cigarettes now that she’s quitting. She doesn’t wanna be your cigarette queen anymore. Then when she stops vaping, you guys will suddenly miss the vaping and complain about her chewing gum all the time or drinking coffee or something constantly. It’s clear to most of the world that she’s trying to get healthy and better herself, it just takes time. You rushing her to quit won’t make her suddenly be better instantly. If anything, people rushing her to give up the vape could make her go back to cigarettes and never quit. That’s what happened with my mum and pretty much every other smoker I know. Just put yourself in her shoes for a moment and realize she’s doing the best she can and it’s hard for anyone who’s under constant scrutiny. Also, most of the time her voice sounds fine and sexy and I don’t think she’s literally killing it. Just listen to her raw vocals on this album, aka the first album where she’s a vaper, not a smoker. Her voice is fine. She had one bad night. It happens to the best of us.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I mean if someone switches from smoking to vaping it's pretty obvious that they're trying to quit smoking. She probs does think her vape looks cool, blinged out and all, but I doubt she's vaping just because she thinks it looks cool. And yes, lots of people do switch to vaping and never stop, cause it's hard to stop, cause it's an addiction.. If they could stop then they probs would, or atleast they would do it less.

Taking up vaping to quit smoking? Yes, but it doesn't mean someone is actively trying to quit nicotine altogether. Many know they can't quit (because as you say - nicotine is addictive af) or they don't want to, and they see vaping as a healthier alternative that they don't need to quit. 

We can argue about her intentions all day long. We'll have to agree to disagree.  

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Seeing as first she would vape and smoke, whereas now we only see her vaping, I think that in itself makes it very clear she’s using it to quit. My husband did the same, and he’s been vaping longer than Lana, but it doesn’t mean he’s suddenly not doing it to quit. And her taking pictures vaping means nothing. She took pictures smoking too. For all we know, she’s making a point of vaping in pictures to break the overused connection between her and cigarettes now that she’s quitting. She doesn’t wanna be your cigarette queen anymore. Then when she stops vaping, you guys will suddenly miss the vaping and complain about her chewing gum all the time or drinking coffee or something constantly. It’s clear to most of the world that she’s trying to get healthy and better herself, it just takes time. You rushing her to quit won’t make her suddenly be better instantly. If anything, people rushing her to give up the vape could make her go back to cigarettes and never quit. That’s what happened with my mum and pretty much every other smoker I know. Just put yourself in her shoes for a moment and realize she’s doing the best she can and it’s hard for anyone who’s under constant scrutiny. Also, most of the time her voice sounds fine and sexy and I don’t think she’s literally killing it. Just listen to her raw vocals on this album, aka the first album where she’s a vaper, not a smoker. Her voice is fine. She had one bad night. It happens to the best of us.

stan dubble bubble queen: Lana Del Rey

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

California evokes the feeling of missing someone and yearnig so much....There is something about California that make me listen to on it daily...I stan

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

California evokes the feeling of missing someone and yearnig so much....There is something about California that make me listen to on it daily...I stan

California is like, there's distance between us but no matter what happens, I'll be there for you, you can find comfort in me, and if you ever come back, I'll make sure you have a magical moment with me. It really is a special one

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

California is like, there's distance between us but no matter what happens, I'll be there for you, you can find comfort in me, and if you ever come back, I'll make sure you have a magical moment with me. It really is a special one

I really love this interpretation and I think you're absolutely right.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

do y'all like not realize that people can't just quit smoking just like that.. like, ???hello? do y'all know how addiction works...  she's obviously trying to quit, and is now vaping instead of smoking cigs (which, yes, is still bad, but it's an improvement)

Vaping is more dangerous then smoking. Read the articles from doctors. 

Taking up vaping to quit smoking? Yes, but it doesn't mean someone is actively trying to quit nicotine altogether. Many know they can't quit (because as you say - nicotine is addictive af) or they don't want to, and they see vaping as a healthier alternative that they don't need to quit. 

We can argue about her intentions all day long. We'll have to agree to disagree.  

People need to wake up and read some articles from doctors explaining why vaping is more dangerous then regular smoking. Trying to quit smoking? That's just not how it works. To quit smoking you use the nicotine patch and ween yourself from cigarettes little by little. 

Vaping is literally killing people on the spot. Collapsing lungs. I mean there are news and articles about it.

Sometimes I think about how sad it would’ve been if I wasn’t a Lana fan or hadn’t even heard of her.... I could’ve missed this wonderful album and I wouldn’t even know it. Imagine all the people who don’t know who Lana is yet who are about to receive this album for Christmas and have their minds blown... it makes me wish I could discover her all over again, but then again, I wouldn’t trade my memories with her music for anything.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Nah, I’d still prefer to see Lana chewing on nicotine chewing gum than see her continue vaping. But sure, it’s not the same as stepping outside, having a moment for yourself and having something for your fingers to play with. But if she’s serious about quitting, there are other options to choose from.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Sometimes I think about how sad it would’ve been if I wasn’t a Lana fan or hadn’t even heard of her.... I could’ve missed this wonderful album and I wouldn’t even know it. Imagine all the people who don’t know who Lana is yet who are about to receive this album for Christmas and have their minds blown... it makes me wish I could discover her all over again, but then again, I wouldn’t trade my memories with her music for anything.

this comment makes me feel good inside. every day someone discovers Lana Del Rey and everyday someone falls in love with her music.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

LMFAO ion know if this was talked about before but as I re listen to MAC at the end of the song you can hear lana say “damn” lol

Omg id forgotten ab this. Discovered it playing around in Audacity

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Vaping is more dangerous then smoking. Read the articles from doctors. 

People need to wake up and read some articles from doctors explaining why vaping is more dangerous then regular smoking. Trying to quit smoking? That's just not how it works. To quit smoking you use the nicotine patch and ween yourself from cigarettes little by little. 

Vaping is literally killing people on the spot. Collapsing lungs. I mean there are news and articles about it.

No. People have been using vapes for over a decade and it hasn't been a problem. Are you seriously going to sit here and type all that without acknowledging the fact that smoking causes literal cancer. Like in basically every part of your body. The recent vape deaths were because of black market dealers using vitamin E as a thickening agent in their liquid.

Also, the cigarette lobby has had a very extensive (and obvious) anti-vaping campaign for a while now because if people switch over to the SAFER and more pleasant alternative of vaping for their nicotine addiction, the cigarette industry will become irrelevant, CEOs will lose millions, and the government will lose millions in taxes that they made off of cigarettes AND millions in bribes they take from big tobacco.

Doctors lie. Thousands claimed that opiates weren't addictive and look where we are now, millions of people addicted and dying as a result of opioid addictions caused by prescription drugs which were deemed "safe and non addictive" by doctors and professionals.

Enough of the misinformation. It really isn't that hard to do a little digging and figure out where these message are coming from and who they benefit. Just a tip: they NEVER benefit the consumer. Period.