Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

It's strange but I haven't listened to this album since like September and not because I think it's bad or it has a messy production, I just... don't want to. I feel like all the songs on the album are already at least 5 years old (and TNBAR is 50 years old  :teehee:), it aged so fast so drastically. I'm frustrated because I really loved this album when it came out

I have a theory for you, and I might be completely wrong about it, but do you feel NFR is a summer / end of summer album and it might be why you don't listen to it that much? I'm from Canada, I love NFR, but November has been so fracking cold that the songs don't impact me as much?!?! To me, NFR really is a transition album (August-September- October) and I don't connect to it as much as I used to. Or maybe it's just that I'm taking a bit of a break from all things Lana (the pre-release thread was so fucking intense and long and eventless that I might still be tired of it). 

I have a theory for you, and I might be completely wrong about it, but do you feel NFR is a summer / end of summer album and it might be why you don't listen to it that much? I'm from Canada, I love NFR, but November has been so fracking cold that the songs don't impact me as much?!?! To me, NFR really is a transition album (August-September- October) and I don't connect to it as much as I used to. Or maybe it's just that I'm taking a bit of a break from all things Lana (the pre-release thread was so fucking intense and long and eventless that I might still be tired of it). 

I think both of these theories are 100% true, hon. You saw right through me   :flutter:

Wasn't the vape to help her quit smoking tho? I saw someone saying on twitter. I honestly thought she would be completely quitting by now. But I also don't understand how this works or how hard can be to actually stop smoking, so... 

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

LANA STOP VAPING AND GO BACK TO SMOKING REPEAT AFTER ME EVERYONE

Yeah sure, so she can destroy her voice even more than with vape.............

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i figured the gatekeeper line was related to what she said (in some interview, i forget which) about knowing about abuses of power/sexual harassment in the entertainment world and not having spoken up sooner/prior to all the me too stuff

it's just the way i feel

Choose your fighter

vZlJJj.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

i had a beautiful day w my best friend yesterday and on our way back home we discussed NFR and we got kinda emotional haha and then we played the whole album and died. NFR was like a friend this year

I don't care what she smokes or if she smokes as long as she makes music I'm happy.

Huh? So you don't care if she ruins her voice and her health, as long as you get some music (which you won't be getting if she ruins her voice/health).

Okay. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

do y'all like not realize that people can't just quit smoking just like that.. like, ???hello? do y'all know how addiction works...  she's obviously trying to quit, and is now vaping instead of smoking cigs (which, yes, is still bad, but it's an improvement)

qfrWuBl.png