Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

As fucked up as the roll out, release and touring for this album had been, I wanted to highlight this as one of the most beautiful moments on her career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wDdWIlXC-I

Thank you, Lana, for keeping up with the amazing work, even if in your so own and questionable ways <3

I don't think Billie will win AOTY. I love her to death and if Lana loses I'd rather see her lose to Billie because her album is amazing, but she's a newcommer and I doubt the grammy voters would give her AOTY with her debut. She's taking BNA for sure, but I think the other main categories will go to Lil Nas and Lizzo who are also newcommers but their songs were way bigger than Bad Guy.

As for AOTY I think Lana's biggest competition will be Ariana, but Lana is already campaigning doing all these grammy gigs so I think she has a good chance. Ariana will probably snatch BPVA, which worries me because that may give her a little push in the AOTY, but idk I don't see the grammy voters going for TUN over NFR? Call me delusional but I think Lana's music appeal to the academy more than Ariana's. They take AOTY way more seriously than other categories so that is giving me some hope.

But the grammys has a weird pattern of giving the win to a commercially successful album one year and to a critically acclaimed album the other, and since Kacey won last year I think they might go for Ariana this year. But well let's wait and see, fingers crossed!

Tbh I’m wondering what Ben and Ed are preparing for Lana’s Grammys campaign (if they’re doing this ofc). She’s already done 2 steps (Grammy MUSEUM and this meeting with students which was pretty unexpected but maybe it affects on her chance in some way).

giphy.gif

Tbh I’m wondering what Ben and Ed are preparing for Lana’s Grammys campaign (if they’re doing this ofc). She’s already done 2 steps (Grammy MUSEUM and this meeting with students which was pretty unexpected but maybe it affects on her chance in some way).

The grammy museum performance and the grammy students thing were a pretty good start for her actually. She'll also benefit all these year end and decade end lists that are going around, but it wouldn't hurt for her managers to pay some publications to do articles about her, this would help. Also, doing interviews on television helps a lot but I doubt she would do that, Cardi B and Kacey did a lot of interviews prior the grammy and they both won. But Lana said she really wants this award so I'm sure she'll do everything she can.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Honestly she has a decent chance at winning. The predictions for the noms were so off (literally nobody predicted Lil Nas would be nominated) and NFR wasn't included in most predictions. But the academy gave Kacey the grammy last year (and that album was a critical not commercial success like Lana's) so they may or may not do the same this year. I don't think Billie will win only because it's her debut album and most of the time they don't award aoty to debuts (also who knows how her album will age). I think her main comp is Ariana but if she does enough campaigning and keeps the hype alive she can win.

NFR sold 3 times Kaceys album lol. 

People equating Lana’s album to those flop critical darling albums don’t even make sense. Bon Iver album fits that category.

Even so Lana’s album is more acclaimed and sold more than that album.

I just meant in the sense that it's not the frontrunner in terms of commercial success... Also i'd hardly consider Kacey's album a flop but okay.

Lana barely even sang anything in here. I feel like she invites all these guests because it gives her time to just relax on stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECWDfbQnco8

See her other performances. She sings alot .. esp with Eat for Free by Haley.. such a beautiful performance. Dont forget Chris Issak,Jesse,Sean. And few more artists on this leg.

If I'm not mistaking, it was the same concert she had troubles with her voice? I think she really gave her best after the few fails at the beginning in CG and Shades of Cool because in this video, she BELTS and SUSTAINS two D5s which is impressive, and then the G5 was super easy and clear. I hope she realises she has a lot of potential in her voice and she's capable of much more than she thinks, and quits vaping.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

If I'm not mistaking, it was the same concert she had troubles with her voice? I think she really gave her best after the few fails at the beginning in CG and Shades of Cool because in this video, she BELTS and SUSTAINS two D5s which is impressive, and then the G5 was super easy and clear. I hope she realises she has a lot of potential in her voice and she's capable of much more than she thinks, and quits vaping.

She did struggle with the belting in Shades of Cool in its last performance (or second to last?) this tour.

The thing is Lana has not had stellar performances night after night since The Endless Summer tour, and that is a fact. She's had good performances here and there, but she usually does the bare minimum and it shows (and she sometimes struggles even doing that). She also looks like she couldn't care less to properly hit notes.