Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

TNBAR: probably was a tag for the record company not to mistake it with the demo?!?

FIILY: the song has two productions. The one in the video has drums but the one on vinyls and Cd doesn’t as much.

Thanks! So I guess RE1 means Radio Edit 1?

Basically it says that a lot of male artists and authors get away with creating fictional characters or personas (think David Bowie) without the press calling them fake or frauds whereas Lana has received a lot of bad press over the years for selling an image of herself that wasn’t believable or morally appropriate. But now that she has stripped it back a little with NFR everyone is praising her artistry. That’s why I said this should be spammed all over that Rantano reviewer who’s been mansplaining Lana’s art for years and now all of a sudden she’s good. Fuck that.

Ohh I see. Thanks

mfw u and roman holiday rigged the nfr survivor and got away with it

you call it "rigging," i call it "tireless unfailing work in support of a masterpiece"

it's just the way i feel

I have not read this whole thread so I may be way behind on this. I got my download from ITunes first and then went and bought the CD. In the car I noticed at the end of the last song Hope is, well you know, there was silence and then talking. Something about if this didn't exist or if I woke up and the song or you didn't exist. Sounded like someone on the phone. Was that a studio snippet of Jack Antonoff or something? It's not on the download only the CD. I may be late to the party. Speaking of Cd's I got 2 emails for free Cd's for my tickets but haven't seen anything yet. Anyone get theirs?

you call it "rigging," i call it "tireless unfailing work in support of a masterpiece"

The strong stick-figure alliance was used get Godtender over the line. We are winning fair and square :agree:

Not our fault everyone was too busy messin' around trying to save inferior songs to notice us bumping it up for the previous 30 pages. :smile:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I have not read this whole thread so I may be way behind on this. I got my download from ITunes first and then went and bought the CD. In the car I noticed at the end of the last song Hope is, well you know, there was silence and then talking. Something about if this didn't exist or if I woke up and the song or you didn't exist. Sounded like someone on the phone. Was that a studio snippet of Jack Antonoff or something? It's not on the download only the CD. I may be late to the party. Speaking of Cd's I got 2 emails for free Cd's for my tickets but haven't seen anything yet. Anyone get theirs?

Yes, the extended version of Hope has Jack Antonoff talking nonsense at the end ... there's a transcript somewhere in the Lyrics section, I think.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream