Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

The New York Times posted an article about Jack, noting that Lana was actively working with him in late-January:

"On that day during Grammys week, he arrived at the studio in the afternoon. The previous day, he had devoted the morning to working on the new Bleachers album; in the evening, Del Rey swung by for a session."

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

If Lana and Sean really broke up I wonder how it will be influence this album. Last year she mentioned that she has already written parts of it. Back then it seems like that Lana was really happy and in love. And it looked like she was really happy and in love with Sean as well. Imagine the first half is full of more happy sounding songs and sweet love songs. Maybe with acoustic guitar or with strings and some 'soft' e-guitar now and then. Some surf rock influences would be amazing as well. Even Yosemite would fit in this part but my delusional ass should stop thinking about Yosemite. Then in the Middle part the album will took a turn. That is when the break up will be described. Imagine more sadder or angrier songs with drums and more E-guitar and maybe some Horns in the background. The second half is still about the break up and about Lanas current mindset and maybe a little bit of the end of the world feeling . But in the end she will get her more positive mindset back and has hope again. Maybe she is thankful for everything that happened because all the shit makes her stronger women who is fighting for her freedom and her art.

The second half has a lot of E-Guitars and pschydelic influences.

And Lana said that she wants to stay in the same realm as NFR!

With this record I imagined she would discover at least sonically more of the 'rockish' part of NFR!. She would develope the MAC,Venice Bitch, FILLY, the greatest sound.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

My BF and I had a debate about a « surprise release » being a good strategy for an album. True, it costs zero dollars in promotion, and it can be the best strategy for a record company if :

- You’re a big enough artist ;

- If the album is insanely good.

I’m super curious about the sound and direction LDR7 will take, with the recent events in the world and in her life.

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda hope she touches on star signs or something. and something that'll finally top West Coast giphy.gif

Venice Bitch was close though but West Coast is still on the top. I can't tell how many eargasms I get while listening to West Coast... Imagine how good a song must be to finally top West Coast ... a hard job for Lana

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Venice Bitch was close though but West Coast is still on the top. I can't tell how many eargasms I get while listening to West Coast... Imagine how good a song must be to finally top West Coast ... a hard job for Lana

Tbh tho only like 1 minute of VB is almost that good

My BF and I had a debate about a « surprise release » being a good strategy for an album. True, it costs zero dollars in promotion, and it can be the best strategy for a record company if :

- You’re a big enough artist ;

- If the album is insanely good.

I’m super curious about the sound and direction LDR7 will take, with the recent events in the world and in her life.

I think every Lana album should be a surprise release going forward. She doesn’t give a shit about promotion and I hate hearing all these snippets before listening to the full album. Also, I wouldn’t mind two albums a year and no tour lol

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I think every Lana album should be a surprise release going forward. She doesn’t give a shit about promotion and I hate hearing all these snippets before listening to the full album. Also, I wouldn’t mind two albums a year and no tour lol

Same im not listening to nothing this time around, i dont think i'm even gonna listen to the singles either.. not until the album drops

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I’m with you on that one. To me, she is a recording artist but I know that her record company don’t see it like that. I didn’t mind the snippet game, just not a 100 years before the album is released.

I’m with you on that one. To me, she is a recording artist but I know that her record company don’t see it like that. I didn’t mind the snippet game, just not a 100 years before the album is released.

I love the snippet game, it keeps me so pumped for the next album. And Cinnamon Gurl didn’t disappoint me, nothing actually disappointed me

Norman really is a grower, i think i can finally say that i love the record to bits. Max sweetie im so sorry but ive joined the jack train (though i wouldnt like her to work with him again)

- Norman really has such a bittersweet and evening sort of sound, its as though you're hearing it from afar. Have you ever been standing on top of a big hill overlooking a grand horizon and it makes you feel as though you have to whisper? Thats the feeling i get from it. The horns are such a subtle but important continuous theme for the production that holds the album together. This record is about setting sail into the unknown, taking that leap of faith no matter how scared you are, no matter how many reasons you have to not care or to feel hopeless, it is that inner strength and firm belief that there is a possibilty out there for you, for all of us. A possibility for hope. Rather than fear the unknown, its about diving into it, and being excited.

Personally i think its the first Lana album that takes on a cohesive story. Its an evening album to sit and watch the sunset to in the late afternoon. Looking back at the day(s). In a funny sort of way i actually relate to NFR the most. Born to Die was too grand for my life, UV has elements but is a little too cinematic, the same with Honeymoon. Lust for Life is relatable towards the end but the album struggled to find a persona. Whereas Norman is a very relatable day to day, simple yet sweet, bittersweet but still incredibly sad, light hearted, hopeful yet hopeless, unexplainably romantic and sexy and reminiscent. I find a lot of these qualities hit really close to home. I also think this album has the strongest closer of her entire discography, to end on a song like Hope Is A Dangerous Thing was a brave and bold choice, it just proves that in the end, despite all her struggles she always ends up in the dark. Alone at midnight. So that the Lana Del Rey story can continue...

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I love the snippet game, it keeps me so pumped for the next album. And Cinnamon Gurl didn’t disappoint me, nothing actually disappointed me

Cinnamon Girl and NFR (title track) didn’t disappoint me either. But How to Disappear took me longer to love because the demo teased ended up being so different on the album. My main criticism of the snippets is when she starts posting them more than a year before the album drops. And in October 2018, she was posting so many snippets, it got us thinking the album was dropping very soon... LFL was teased a lot with snippets, but on a 5-month pre-release period, which is fine. But not a year +

Her surprise dropping it wouldnt even make that much of a difference, she doesnt promote either way and its not like she ever follows a planned out release schedule. I hope she just randomly drops a lead single to introduce us to the era and then just drops the whole album a week or 2 later without announcing it or even mentioning it exists.

qfrWuBl.png