Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

I just can't get my head around Lana working with Jack on another album. Don't get me wrong, NFR was a good record. But from a production standpoint, it might as well be my least favorite of hers (I know Lust for Life exists, but from a production standpoint, although it's my least favorite album, to me it's superior to NFR). He might be a talented composer and musician, but from a recording perspective NFR is lackluster and kinda cheap to me.

Β 

I don't mean to stir the pot, but oh well.

Β 

I just don't want them to stick to the same sound. Lana always tries different sounds with each album, if she releases an album with the same sonority of NFR I'll be disappointed and not because I didn't like NFR (which I did ok) but... I want new things.

into your eyesΒ tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gifΒ my face remains

I just don't want them to stick to the same sound. Lana always tries different sounds with each album, if she releases an album with the same sonority of NFR I'll be disappointed and not because I didn't like NFR (which I did ok) but... I want new things.

Β 

Oh I feel that very much. To me NFR is a good record, but that's it... lol. I definitely see Lana sticking to that dry/flat sound if Jack stays around and having yet again another album filled to the brim with California references.Β 

I really didn't think we'd have another pre-release thread so soon. Mods never get a break around hereΒ  :toofunny:

Β 

change the website theme please...

also idc if lana stays with Jack Antonoff because lets remember they both created her most critically acclaimed album, she needs to stick with him and keep evolving

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β i will love you until the end of time.

Please no more references to California, no more songs about her being blue, no more songs about her gowns and her baby. Lana needs to go to the nearest Barnes & Nobles and grab some books and learn different words asap, improve that vocabulary sis! Thesaurus is free for gods sake...

Β 

What's exactly on your profile pic?

I hope this will be an album where she kinda taps into her sexuality like give us that white hot foreverΒ  :thirst:Β  Β it'd be cool for her to have a little fun with this record y'know with unapologetic lyrics and not being afraid to have alittle controversy! I will say I absolutely do not want Jack producing this, I know he has his fan boys on here but I find his producing stale and uninspired, I don't think him and lana make very interesting art together I know this is an unpopular opinion but from my perspective he doesn't seem to push her enough and seems to just go with whatever kinda like her relationship with chuck if that make sense? I'd love if she'd revisit working with Tim Larcombe since he makes very dramatic cinematic pieces or maybe even connect with Kevin Parker to make something off the wall and hazy af

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Inb4 White Hot Forever is referring to how stars turn into supernova's then possibly a massive black hole. Queen of referencing the gays :oprah:Β SPACE DISCO. SOFT ROCK. Alexa, stream Gimme^3 !.mp3 by Abba

Β 

This post made me realize/remember I need Lana to cover Black Hole Sun

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Inb4 White Hot Forever is referring to how stars turn into supernova's then possibly a massive black hole. Queen of referencing the gays :oprah:Β SPACE DISCO. SOFT ROCK. Alexa, stream Gimme^3 !.mp3 by Abba

Β 

@ using that generator you shared, here's what we can expect after White Hot Forever -Β 

Β 

Lana Del Rey releases her 8th studio album, Supermassive Black Hole

Β 

:illumarina: #confirmed

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

β€’Β 4.18.14Β β€’Β 5.1.14Β β€’ 9.20.14Β β€’ 5.28.15Β β€’ 6.14.15Β β€’ 7.28.16Β β€’ 7.24.17Β β€’ 10.23.17Β β€’ 10.24.17Β β€’ 1.25.18Β β€’ 2.5.18Β β€’ 12.5.18Β β€’ 10.3.19Β β€’ 10.11.19Β β€’ 11.16.19 β€’

SFΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β INDΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β CHIΒ β€’Β LDNΒ β€’Β NYCΒ β€’Β NYCΒ β€’Β DCΒ β€’ ATLΒ β€’ NYCΒ β€’ PDXΒ β€’ SANΒ β€’ KS

Β 

This post made me realize/remember I need Lana to cover Black Hole Sun

Β 

stopppppppp omg now ill never get this concept out of my headΒ 

it's just the way i feel

I hope this will be an album where she kinda taps into her sexuality like give us that white hot foreverΒ  :thirst:Β  Β it'd be cool for her to have a little fun with this record y'know with unapologetic lyrics and not being afraid to have alittle controversy! I will say I absolutely do not want Jack producing this, I know he has his fan boys on here but I find his producing stale and uninspired, I don't think him and lana make very interesting art together I know this is an unpopular opinion but from my perspective he doesn't seem to push her enough and seems to just go with whatever kinda like her relationship with chuck if that make sense? I'd love if she'd revisit working with Tim Larcombe since he makes very dramatic cinematic pieces or maybe even connect with Kevin Parker to make something off the wall and hazy afΒ 

Β 

Agreeee, I've legit been saying this since Lana released MAC... From a production standpoint Norman Fucking Rockwell is honestly my least favorite album, it sounds so flat an subdued, and also I don't know what happened or didn't happened during the production, or what got lost during the mixing, but this album it's just lacking... in general. Honestly, the recording process is a mess, it sounds really disjointed and cheaply recorded (vocals and instruments), sometimes like the instrumentals legit sound like they were recorded by some high school band or something, it's bad. Jack ain't it at all, sorry fanboys. He doesn't challenge Lana at all and it shows.

Β 

Now unto Kevin Parker... that's something I definitely can get behind, I haven't really been a fan of what he produced with other artists (except his work on Uptown Special and that one song with Kali Uchis) but his solo work his impeccable! Unlike Jack, his production style is extremely polished and well balanced, literally nothing to complain about! I want some Lana Impala!

Cum on down to Florida I've got something for ya...

Β 

right?

Oh I feel that very much. To me NFR is a good record, but that's it... lol. I definitely see Lana sticking to that dry/flat sound if Jack stays around and having yet again another album filled to the brim with California references.

Imagine if Dan Auerbach produced another Lana album? That's what I'm hoping for. Dan did a great job on UV.Β 

Β 

Agreeee, I've legit been saying this since Lana released MAC... From a production standpoint Norman Fucking Rockwell is honestly my least favorite album, it sounds so flat an subdued, and also I don't know what happened or didn't happened during the production, or what got lost during the mixing, but this album it's just lacking... in general. Honestly, the recording process is a mess, it sounds really disjointed and cheaply recorded (vocals and instruments), sometimes like the instrumentals legit sound like they were recorded by some high school band or something, it's bad. Jack ain't it at all, sorry fanboys. He doesn't challenge Lana at all and it shows.

Β 

Now unto Kevin Parker... that's something I definitely can get behind, I haven't really been a fan of what he produced with other artists (except his work on Uptown Special and that one song with Kali Uchis) but his solo work his impeccable! Unlike Jack, his production style is extremely polished and well balanced, literally nothing to complain about! I want some Lana Impala!

Β 

Β 

I find NFR album quite beautiful, but I agree. A lot of tracks are too bare and flat. It's a great album to listen to at night time when you're just relaxing. Some strings would have been great on hope. HTD is a beautiful song but the music itself is off (and those damn jingle bells) A little more guitar and piano sound in the hook during California. A twitch here and there cold have helped.Β 

I hope this will be an album where she kinda taps into her sexuality like give us that white hot foreverΒ  :thirst:Β  Β it'd be cool for her to have a little fun with this record y'know with unapologetic lyrics and not being afraid to have alittle controversy! I will say I absolutely do not want Jack producing this, I know he has his fan boys on here but I find his producing stale and uninspired, I don't think him and lana make very interesting art together I know this is an unpopular opinion but from my perspective he doesn't seem to push her enough and seems to just go with whatever kinda like her relationship with chuck if that make sense? I'd love if she'd revisit working with Tim Larcombe since he makes very dramatic cinematic pieces or maybe even connect with Kevin Parker to make something off the wall and hazy af

Β 

Β 

Β 

All tea right here. It's Lana's melodies that make the album not Jack's subdued little instrumentals. Definitely her most useless producer yet. Hopefully she will not try to recapture NFR with him if it somehow wins a grammy, we deserve better.

Β 

I could have written this myself :wowcry:

β™‘Β Β standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenΒ β™‘

Imagine if Dan Auerbach produced another Lana album? That's what I'm hoping for. Dan did a great job on UV.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I find NFR album quite beautiful, but I agree. A lot of tracks are too bare and flat. It's a great album to listen to at night time when you're just relaxing. Some strings would have been great on hope. HTD is a beautiful song but the music itself is off (and those damn jingle bells) A little more guitar and piano sound in the hook during California. A twitch here and there cold have helped.Β 

Β 

Exactly it's not to say that I don't like NFR, or that I don't think it's a bad album, I just couldn't care less for Jack's production on this one. To me it just falls flat comparatively to all her others albums (even Lust for Life).

All tea right here. It's Lana's melodies that make the album not Jack's subdued little instrumentals. Definitely her most useless producer yet. Hopefully she will not try to recapture NFR with him if it somehow wins a grammy, we deserve better.

Β 

Even the songs that I absolutely love on this album there are things I hate about the production (cue to The greatest, Norman Fucking Rockwell and California). The piano on NFR sounds like it was recorded with the cheapest microphone ever it sounds so bad you guys and also the instrumentals on The greatest... like the entire instrumentals lack bass and when it sorta pop off after she sings "I guess I'm signing off after all" it sounds so distorted and cheap, and it's a shame because that's like the best song on the record for me and even there the production is super lackluster. AlsoΒ California pretty much sounds like a demo.