Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Haven't read this thread for like weeks but it kinda looks like post-NFR! to me. Cool. :creep:

what do you want us to talk about though? Like we only know the album's title so far and that she's most likely working with Jackrabbit Stroganoff again... and that's it lol. We can only speculate with the little information we got in so far.  :creep:

Remember to keep discussions that are more related to NFR rather than WHF in the

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Thread  :cuteface:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

what do you want us to talk about though? Like we only know the album's title so far and that she's most likely working with Jackrabbit Stroganoff again... and that's it lol.

Nothing, I don't care much, that's why I haven't checked this thread because... we literally have nothing to discuss so far lol. I was just curious what all these pages were and decided to check them out. :3 Glad to see I haven't missed anything.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Haven't read this thread for like weeks but it kinda looks like post-NFR! to me. Cool. :creep:

We are contrasting our experience with her last 2 albums with the desired direction of WHF. Which is all anybody can do at this point. All comments have been implicitly about WTF in the sense that they express the community's wants and needs about the upcoming record.

Another day of Lana ''fans'' getting together to pray she becomes a pop star again and trashing Jack's immaculate production because it isn't cheap, overblown and overproduced trash. A never ending circle jerk.

Hopefully after this new album they finally join Halsey's stan boards and leave us alone.

She was never a pop star you noob.

its so weird to have a post release thread and a prerelease thread open at the same time, like which is the main one where shit goes down?

well, as of today, I'd say that shit goes down here 

5bafd88e2400003000969bea.jpeg?ops=scalef

honestly I love the references to California and blue and images

So do I but I think she’s stuck in the world she’s created and it’s holding her back now. As long as Lana always has her melancholy essential core and keeps her ability to tell beautiful, vivid and powerful storytelling in her songs then she should start exploring/creating new worlds.

I’d love her to move to Europe and travel for a year or two to gain some new life experiences and learn new cultures. It would do her a world of good.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

All her albums have problems for me, except for P, which only has the cover of BV I don’t care for. That’s why I don’t think of LDR as an album artist. I like as many songs on each album as I dislike, and I am fine with that, because those I like I really like.

Jack just did a so-so job with the production, but the songwriting isn’t uniformly her best either. The lack

of bridges doesn’t help.

But I do expect her to work again on WHF with Jack, especially due to the critical notices they’ve received, and clearly they get along well.

I just heard ‘Making Out’ for the first time in a while and it sounded so much more robust, witty, creative and free than most of NFR... I really hope LDR, one day, will want to make fun, clever and slightly satiric pop music again. I hope that that is direction WHF moves towards.

Exactly it's not to say that I don't like NFR, or that I don't think it's a bad album, I just couldn't care less for Jack's production on this one. To me it just falls flat comparatively to all her others albums (even Lust for Life).

Even the songs that I absolutely love on this album there are things I hate about the production (cue to The greatest, Norman Fucking Rockwell and California). The piano on NFR sounds like it was recorded with the cheapest microphone ever it sounds so bad you guys and also the instrumentals on The greatest... like the entire instrumentals lack bass and when it sorta pop off after she sings "I guess I'm signing off after all" it sounds so distorted and cheap, and it's a shame because that's like the best song on the record for me and even there the production is super lackluster. Also California pretty much sounds like a demo.

It's like I told someone on another thread that was saying the same. If they know how to, maybe they can edit all the NFR the way she likes them. I don't know how to do that but there's a ton of talented people here and on YouTube who know how to edit songs and add instrumentals to them. 

I love the way Bartender sounds and Happiness but I wish someone can add a little something to California and Love Song during the chorus.

well, as of today, I'd say that shit goes down here 

5bafd88e2400003000969bea.jpeg?ops=scalef

There should be a thread for people who don't like NFR. There's always conflict going on with people who love the album who refuse to allow people who don't like the album to express themselves. Not sure if this thread would be good since it's for the next album Lana's working on. 

the only nice track he produced is the greatest and still there are so many things that could've been better about it but that's another story

The only song I think Jack produced into perfection for me is Venice Bitch. All those guitars and instrumentals is beautiful. I wish he could have used those in California. Damn shame.  :facepalm:

:rip:  :rip:  :rip:

For real though, the album was recorded a year ago and this is what we ended up with in terms of sound AND sound quality, choices. All tea right there!

I think the songs were recorded a little longer then a year....

Ya'll IMAGINE if she worked with Billy Corgan, I don't think I would survive the first listening experience :deadbanana:

No one can work with Billy Corgan other then Billy Corgan. The guy thinks he's a god. He's a narcissistic brat. Anyone who comes close to his radius have no good experiences with him. If Lana is in the same room as Billy for more then an hour, she would end up in a mental ward. 

All her albums have problems for me, except for P, which only has the cover of BV I don’t care for. That’s why I don’t think of LDR as an album artist. I like as many songs on each album as I dislike, and I am fine with that, because those I like I really like.

Jack just did a so-so job with the production, but the songwriting isn’t uniformly her best either. The lack

of bridges doesn’t help.

But I do expect her to work again on WHF with Jack, especially due to the critical notices they’ve received, and clearly they get along well.

Are you sure you're okay? Saying that Paradise has no problem? It's literally her most fake album while NFR is real and raw, and the production is pretty much what makes it real and raw, not overproduced like Paradise. But you must be one of these "fans" who are still stuck in 2012-2013 and refuse to accept that she has changed and is not like that anymore, and thus you always find something negative to say even when there's nothing negative to say. I've been reading your posts lately and there was so much non-sense in my opinion. It's not that I want to be a jerk with you. It's just that I think you must realise that Lana is now making the music she likes and there's no way she's going back to BTD, so I suggest you moving on. And btw, she apparently hates Paradise, that's something we discussed months ago on the pre-release thread.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

No one can work with Billy Corgan other then Billy Corgan. The guy thinks he's a god. He's a narcissistic brat. Anyone who comes close to his radius have no good experiences with him. If Lana is in the same room as Billy for more then an hour, she would end up in a mental ward. 

True, but for some reason I feel like they would gel well together...but I mainly want him to work with her purely for the music. Imagine Lana releasing Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness 2.0

I can dream :crai:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Why do y'all always act like missing what made you fall in love with her is such a bad thing? :creep:

The thing is, I never once in my answer said it was a bad thing, and it wasn't even about missing what made him fall in love with Lana, so next time keep your mouth shut, for the sake of everybody :hooker:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~