Elle

Don't Call Me Angel [Music Video] - OUT NOW

i love that lana didn't seem awkward in it and she wasn't overshadowed as i thought she was gonna be, song-wise though i find it so bland. which i expected anyway cos that's how i feel in general about ariana and she's lead vocals 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

This edit is the best thing I’ve ever seen x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

i die when you can hear lana in the backing vocals saying "angel" and "heaven"

same!

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

is it safe to say this is her most panned song :rip:

it's kinda poetic... like some of her fans always complain about her not getting a smash and now her biggest hit will be her worst song lmao the irony

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

can someone make lana throwing a dagger at the dummy's dick a gif i need to comment it on everything

Same we as females deserve that damn gif it's gonna be the only reaction gif I'll ever use in my entire life

Awwww. Anyway I wasn't sure if her sinister smile made things better or worse.  :usrs:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Also I love editing/making gifs a lot so if any1 need, I'll be ur hoe

like.. what i personally feel is that NFR in many ways is so creatively accomplished and this is just..... such a comedown. i get what she's doing in terms of career but i'd have traded this 10 times for another single and video from the album. sure don't call me angel is aesthetically pleasing, but i think we all knew they'd have a video that centred on them acting like charlie's angels which for me is just so boring and unimaginative

compare this to young & beautiful and it's like spam to fucking steak 

So I watched the video again. I get that the “story” is that Ari, Miley and Lana are supposed to be Charlie’s Angels. Miley is the tough gal with the boxing gloves, who isn’t afraid to use anything to get an answer from the bad guy. Lana seems to be something like a mastermind behind those computer screens or like she’s keeping an eye or something, and she seems to be the expert when it comes to deciding what weapon to pick. Ari is... waiting for the Miley and Lana to arrive to the mansion? Sends the helicopters flying? And then just poses in the mansion. :noparty: The video would’ve been better if she had a role to play too, seeing this truly made it feel like an Ariana song and video (more than it already is).

Bland video, bland song, I’ll forget about this collab just like I did with Lana x Børns.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

lana is the best part of this mess  :hooker:

i think the irony really is that despite her having the least vocals.... she's the most sultry and mysterious in the video and for me she almost accidentally stands out as the one who's most interesting. miley and ariana are performing how you'd expect them to, lana has a persona which is different to her own music videos. it's almost like in some respects it's worked in her favour (although i admit this could be just how i see it)

Don't mean to be cynical but this is just promotion at its best. The song is manufactured pop promoting a movie no one was asking to be made. Lana's part adds some interest but complete lack of use of her golden voice is a mystery. Seems like Lana's scheduling though as the movie is not out till November 15th! :D That's 2 months away. I wish them luck but I don't see this as a runaway hit.