Sign in to follow this  
Miss Tropicana

[NEW EPISODE] Jack Antonoff talks producing Lana Del Rey - Mix With The Masters

48 minutes ago, The Grants said:

I was NOT ready to know Jimmy is an NFR demo :defeated:

Where did he say this? I skimmed through all 3 links but didn't catch this

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The second variation of Jimmy being for NFR! was unexpected. I wonder if there are other Jimmy’s out there too. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Omg... SUPER interesting. Everybody needs to put some respect on Jack's name IMMEDIATELY for campaigning for Jimmy to she the light of day

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I also love Jack's push for room mics in order to bring more of Lana into the songs. Not the public personality or the voice on the track but the woman he is friends with and knows personally - it's a really beautiful touch 

He mentions that a lot of the distorted warped sounds we hear on the transition from A&W to Jimmy are snippets of them laughing and exclaiming as the piece comes together 

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

12 minutes ago, Billie said:

Does he play the original version of Jimmy at some point in Part 3?

No, but as far as I understand it the version in A&W is close to the original Jimmy, they just added some ad libs and distortion effects.

3 minutes ago, shadesofloveduthenandnow said:

Semi-related but does anyone else wonder if A&W (American Whore, not Jimmy) has origins in the NFR era? The bit about being a side piece at 33 (her 33rd birthday was in 2018) is what has me wondering

Lana said in an interview that she recorded a demo of American Whore in a hotel, sent it to Jack and he didn't look it at for half a year. Based on that it's not from the NFR era.

43 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

No, but as far as I understand it the version in A&W is close to the original Jimmy, they just added some ad libs and distortion effects.

Lana said in an interview that she recorded a demo of American Whore in a hotel, sent it to Jack and he didn't look it at for half a year. Based on that it's not from the NFR era.

I learned something new today . Thank u

whatarecoloris.jpg