Kurac na Biciklu

Coronavirus: COVID-19

It's really annoying seeing all the "the media is making this worse" talk. We have to make people take this seriously, otherwise more people will die. We have to take extreme measures, otherwise we'll have to shut down more countries like Italy. Of course the decisions being made are tough, but this isn't an easy situation or "just another flu". Ugh, at least we'll have Future Nostalgia to stream while we're all quarantined.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

It's really annoying seeing all the "the media is making this worse" talk. We have to make people take this seriously, otherwise more people will die. We have to take extreme measures, otherwise we'll have to shut down more countries like Italy. Of course the decisions being made are tough, but this isn't an easy situation or "just another flu". Ugh, at least we'll have Future Nostalgia to stream while we're all quarantined.

the future nostalgia commentkrldioffpdklvfp`dñsxñ´

I mean tea  :rip:

at least we don't have to leave the house to listen to music 

I would never hurt you

Times like these make me realize how much we take for granted usually.

On the flip side, hopefully this will be over soon and we can count ourselves lucky for these luxuries and go about our lives with a newfound appreciation. That doesn't make up for all the lives that have sadly been lost and the economic hit that the most financially vulnerable will suffer. However, as Lanz said, change is a powerful thing so let's look at this time of change as opportunity for reflection and growth to create a better future :)

giphy.gif

watching my dad go to the store and stock up on supplies is whats REALLY scaring me...i live in a house with 5 other people we're gonna have to stretch this shit SO thin  :biblio:

I just went shopping and went in 4 shops (Iceland, Home Bargains, Asda and Morrisons if you are in the UK) and there was ZERO pasta in any of them :O 1 actually did have some pasta but it was Spinach pasta and kind of green/brown coloured so I just left it. There was also only bars of soap left, no like bottle soap you press the top and no hand sanitizer either. I also noticed there was no long life milk either only long life coconut and those types of milk. There was also none of that kitchen surface spray bottle stuff, I wanted that and no places had it only bleach was really left.

watching my dad go to the store and stock up on supplies is whats REALLY scaring me...i live in a house with 5 other people we're gonna have to stretch this shit SO thin  :biblio:

I just went shopping and went in 4 shops and there was ZERO pasta in any of them :O 1 actually did have some pasta but it was Spinach pasta and kind of green/brown coloured so I just left it. There was also only bars of soap left, no like bottle soap you press the top and no hand sanitizer either. I also noticed there was no long life milk either only long life coconut and those types of milk. There was also none of that kitchen surface spray bottle stuff, I wanted that and no places had it only bleach was really left.

This is so wild to read because here in my country we're living life like nothing is going on  :biblio:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

This is so wild to read because here in my country we're living life like nothing is going on  :biblio:

Buy it now if you want it as the same might happen where you are next week.

I didnt actually think it would be that bad since only like 50 people have had it in Scotland but everyone has still bought all the soap and pasta and toilet paper and everything lol

Over 1000 people have died in Italy I... Sending cyber hugs to any of you that live outthere...

France is heading that way too and to top it off my Prime Minister said to expect love ones to die before there time. Like holy fuck...

Also because it's an incredibly important topic I think imo it should be pinned for awhile. Idk just an idea...

Edit -

Here's some important info on what's happening in France atm -

"Emmanuel Macron to address nation tonight as hospitals grapple with surge of infections. France is bracing itself to follow Italy in handling a sharp rise in infections and deaths from the coronavirus pandemic, with the government steadily introducing new measures to stop the spread of the disease and President Emmanuel Macron preparing to address the nation on Thursday evening. “The Italian scenario: we have to prepare for it,” said Jérôme Salomon, director-general of the French health department. Eric Caumes, who heads the infectious diseases department at the Pitié Salpêtrière hospital in Paris, said he was seeing sick patients arriving every day with severe respiratory infections. “Intensive care units are filling up very rapidly,” he said in a coronavirus debate on LCI television. “There is a risk that we’ll have to choose between coronavirus patients and the rest. We’ll soon be in the same situation as Italy.

So far, France has recorded 2,281 confirmed coronavirus infections and 48 deaths, but the numbers are rising rapidly and a comparison of the data suggests the country is following the same trajectory as Italy with an eight-day delay. Italy has had more than 12,000 cases and 827 deaths. Mr Caumes has called on his government to immediately take the same drastic measures as Italy and severely limit movement around the country and contact between people. France has so far ruled out a complete shutdown or closure of the borders, although it has banned meetings of more than 1,000 people, stopped visits to old people’s homes because of the vulnerability of the elderly and closed schools in various parts of the country with known coronavirus clusters. It has announced no plans to delay nationwide local elections due to be held on the next two Sundays."

https://www.ft.com/content/00d2866c-6471-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Over 1000 people have died in Italy I... Sending cyber hugs to any of you that live outthere...

France is heading that way too and to top it off my Prime Minister said to expect love ones to die before there time. Like holy fuck...

Also because it's an incredibly important topic I think imo it should be pinned for awhile. Idk just an idea...

Edit -

Here's some important info on what's happening in France atm -

"Emmanuel Macron to address nation tonight as hospitals grapple with surge of infections. France is bracing itself to follow Italy in handling a sharp rise in infections and deaths from the coronavirus pandemic, with the government steadily introducing new measures to stop the spread of the disease and President Emmanuel Macron preparing to address the nation on Thursday evening. “The Italian scenario: we have to prepare for it,” said Jérôme Salomon, director-general of the French health department. Eric Caumes, who heads the infectious diseases department at the Pitié Salpêtrière hospital in Paris, said he was seeing sick patients arriving every day with severe respiratory infections. “Intensive care units are filling up very rapidly,” he said in a coronavirus debate on LCI television. “There is a risk that we’ll have to choose between coronavirus patients and the rest. We’ll soon be in the same situation as Italy.

So far, France has recorded 2,281 confirmed coronavirus infections and 48 deaths, but the numbers are rising rapidly and a comparison of the data suggests the country is following the same trajectory as Italy with an eight-day delay. Italy has had more than 12,000 cases and 827 deaths. Mr Caumes has called on his government to immediately take the same drastic measures as Italy and severely limit movement around the country and contact between people. France has so far ruled out a complete shutdown or closure of the borders, although it has banned meetings of more than 1,000 people, stopped visits to old people’s homes because of the vulnerability of the elderly and closed schools in various parts of the country with known coronavirus clusters. It has announced no plans to delay nationwide local elections due to be held on the next two Sundays."

https://www.ft.com/content/00d2866c-6471-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

Yeah the worst thing seems to be that so many people especially older people will need hospitalized but there is not enough room in hospitals for everyone who will need it and not enough hospital staff to deal with a full hospital - so not everyone will be able to get good treatment or enough treatment which will cause deaths, thats why countries are starting to close down so it slows down the spread of it and means not as many people will need to go to hospital at the same time.

What is going on with Harvey Weinstein or what is his nick?

He is from north Italy which is really affected

I'm fine, I live in the very east of Italy and thankfully my county hasn't been affected that much 

I wasn't as worried at first but now I'm kinda shook tbh. Idk if my health is good enough to cope with it, or if my mum's health is good enough to cope with it. My grandma only recovered from lung cancer about a year ago so she would def be gravely affected if she caught it. The stores are being cleared out. It's getting worse. I have to continue working my hotel job where I interact with people travelling from all over the world and I have to carry their luggage upstairs etc, usually have to shake their hands too and out of politeness I can't say no. I'm trying to stay optimistic so badly but it's getting harder, I'm so worried all the time and I'm struggling to take my mind off it.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

You need to say it to feel better

But DO call some number to see your options in best and worst case scenario

I called my mom and she urged me to go to a pharmacy but I'm pissing myself at the thought of going because I didn't even got any fever just tough pulmonary blocage and if it's indeed corona I know how I got it and I'm JusT SO FUCKING ANGRY at my friends for it and it's the reason I'm mad it's bc I'm scared

Macron just announced all private and public unis are gonna get closed... I'm supposed to have a big workshop next week fuck me

ZKcaooE.png

I live in the same county as the outbreak that started here in Washington in the life care center. The grocery stores are out of pretty much everything, and my grandpa died last week (not from corona) and barely anyone is coming to his funeral because they’re all afraid of the virus I feel so bad :defeated: all our classes have been moved online, and gatherings of 250+ are cancelled for like concerts, sports games, community events etc. I hope we’re still allowed to travel I’ve been looking forward to spring break for so long :defeated:

Edit: right as I was typing that I got a notif that says Trump might restrict domestic travel to Washington, I hope that means we can still leave tho :rip:

UbsOye5.png

It's so tough bc I want to tell my friends I may have it bc one of my friends I got mad at didn't came to uni bc her bf has it and the reason I was angry is bc I fear I got it but I also can't tell my teacher or anyone so I'm completely stuck with them thinking I'm in the wrong

ZKcaooE.png

It's so tough bc I want to tell my friends I may have it bc one of my friends I got mad at didn't came to uni bc her bf has it and the reason I was angry is bc I fear I got it but I also can't tell my teacher or anyone so I'm completely stuck with them thinking I'm in the wrong

the very best thing you can do is get tested if you're able, love. don't feel bad about self-isolating, there's no use in taking the risk with things like this. is there a helpline you can call to talk through your symptoms?

Wq9zHLl.jpg