Elle

Lana at Blankenship Hair Salon in Broken Arrow, Tulsa, OK - July 24th, 2020

tbf i see more people on twitter making fun of her being racist/a trumpster/f****** a ***, cosplaing a latina, etc it just comes in handy that they can drag her looking bad now just as they did with iggy azalea and taylor swift like 8 years ago (iggy being called ugly and made fun for her surgeries, taylor being labeled a racist and bodyshamed for being skinny and not thicc enough)

twitter is always ruthless (and annoying) but they're worse the more they hate you.

also i don't see why the mods don't lock the threads (at least for a while) whenever this discussion happens in literally almost every thread in the sightings/candids section or when the discussion in this sightings sections becomes about literally everything but the sighting jdknfs

i76mrxw.png 

I also thought all the body shaming was due to people still being mad over the obvious IG posts from 2 months ago. Just looking for anything and everything they can pick on her for. Some of these people are the same ones who scream “body positive! Healthy at every size!”, get defensive when critics bring up Lizzo’s or Amy Schumer’s weight or applaud Adele’s weight loss.

Men age and get called silver foxes, sugar daddies etc meanwhile women get called old hags, dusty, expired etc. I hate it so much.

Yeah there’s a new thread on Atrl forum where some members are eyeing up a shirtless photo of Sean “ah I see why she went Karen for this”. Meanwhile in the thread yesterday they were calling her old and fat. Tbh, Sean looks much older for his age than Lana does so according to their logic he’s the one aging quicker, but society only focuses on how women age. Also note the irony if you’ve seen most of these popular “pick up artist” males. They’re saying “women over 21 are expired and not as attractive as they were at 19”, while they’re looking like homely soccer dads.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

These folks who have been body shamming Lana; what do THEY look like? Do they look as good as Lana does? I doubt it.

Also does any else find it interesting in the entertainment business that Adele gets praised for losing hundreds of pounds (with a diet which nutritionists advise against) and looking nothing like she did before, while Lana gained a little weight and is now back to her natural hair color?

This obsession with being thin is a huge problem. I'm a guy but all the women I know and some of the women on here keep saying how they dread getting older because of all the scrutiny. 

You know how Joan Baez just painted Lana? I saw a recent picture of Joan Baez. She is 79 years old, has not done anything to enhance her appearance. She has just grossed older and embraced it and not cared about what people say. I respect that. Fuck society's backwards standards. Who needs those standards!?!?

These folks who have been body shamming Lana; what do THEY look like? Do they look as good as Lana does? I doubt it.

Also does any else find it interesting in the entertainment business that Adele gets praised for losing hundreds of pounds (with a diet which nutritionists advise against) and looking nothing like she did before, while Lana gained a little weight and is now back to her natural hair color?

This obsession with being thin is a huge problem. I'm a guy but all the women I know and some of the women on here keep saying how they dread getting older because of all the scrutiny. 

You know how Joan Baez just painted Lana? I saw a recent picture of Joan Baez. She is 79 years old, has not done anything to enhance her appearance. She has just grossed older and embraced it and not cared about what people say. I respect that. Fuck society's backwards standards. Who needs those standards!?!?

Right? Society scrutinizes women for getting older, and then scrutinizes them when they go for fillers etc. to maintain that very youth that everyone's obsessed with. Can never win  :facepalm: I hope in the future people overall just let this go so we can all grow in peace.

That tweet about her looking "racist" with these pictures embedded is really hurtful. The toxic culture of twitter is damaging and at some point, it is going to catch up - especially because consequences aren't necessarily immediate for people who band with whatever prominent hateful rhetoric the culture is spewing. I hope Lana is able to see past all of these rude and uncalled-for comments.  :(

i get that she's kinda gotten herself a bad rep after everything that went down in may, and also after dating a cop, but she's literally not a trump supporter/republican  :rip: . she's literally put a hex on trump, let's not forget her iconic comment under kanye west's instagram. i mean, if she is dating sean again, then that's obviously going to be very suspect but i do not think she ever has, or ever will, actively support trump. i think the "she looks like a racist karen!!" comments are silly enough but saying she's a trumpster is flat out dumb, there really is no evidence to support that, but i am aware it's just stan twitter running their mouths. 

WGe8ynS.gif

The drags on here omg  :lmao:

Anyway.... she looks very healthy and beautiful, like what are people even talking about? 

What do people expect her to look after quarantine, we all gained a few pounds and so the fuck what?  :crossed:

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

Blankenship made a post about Lana’s visit, and by their words it seems like she plans to revisit their salon and take her blonde even lighter-

“So humbled that Lana Del Rey graced our salon to give us the opportunity to get her fixed up.

This isn’t the end goal but we’re taking baby steps to get her there with keeping her hair as healthy as possible.

She can literally pull off anything but I can’t wait to see this iconic champagne blonde once she gets all of the old dark color out. A true beauty.”

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS