Elle

Lana at Blankenship Hair Salon in Broken Arrow, Tulsa, OK - July 24th, 2020

#WeLoveYouLana is now trending on Twitter. So many toxic stans are literally calling her disgusting things then preach about mental health awareness the next day. Scum.

Twitter in a nutshell.

I'm on lana stan twitter and actually, most of my mutuals never made fun of her when those pictures came out. It was then posted by popbase, and the beyhive, arianators, barbz, swifties, etc ripped her to SHREDS. we then started the hashtag in support of her and in general to raise awareness about combatting bodyshaming in the media and towards female celebs.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I'm on lana stan twitter and actually, most of my mutuals never made fun of her when those pictures came out. It was then posted by popbase, and the beyhive, arianators, barbz, swifties, etc ripped her to SHREDS. we then started the hashtag in support of her and in general to raise awareness about combatting bodyshaming in the media and towards female celebs.

God I need better Lana mutuals lol. My twitter timeline was entirely filled with Lana stans ripping her to shreds last night (sadly it’s often like that). But yeah I also saw literally every other stan community ripping her to shreds too. I hate it over there.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

really rude, you realize there are actual human beings with feelings behind every avatar...this could hurt someone; labeling someone who's clearly passionate about an artist as "terrorizing" a forum is uncalled for imo--regardless of wether you agree with them or not on a divisive issue 

Agreed. Also I keep up with pretty much all active Lana threads but don't really say anything and I've never noticed a particular user "terrorizing" the forum. The one thing that is tedious, as someone who doesn't care about Lana's personal relationships, is the endless discussion about Sean. I couldn't care less about this man.

twitter was super brutal, yea :(

it just makes me so mad... it's one thing to talk about like, surgery that is botched (and even that needs to be done with caution and consideration) or bad outfit choices, but to fully just go in on someone's looks and call them fat and ugly and old.... she's a 30-something year old woman who, yes, is utterly privileged and super rich but has still been thru a lot, she's changing, her body's changing, her face is changing... plus she's not wearing much makeup in those pics and they're clearly not taken at the most flattering angle (although i think she looks fine) bc the entire purpose of the pics was to show off her new hair colour not to show off lana herself... like...... if you get your kicks outta making mean jokes then cool, do that in private with ur other similarly thoughtless friends, behind closed doors, where you can't hurt people.

not only do those comments hurt possibly lana, they definitely hurt women like me - or even men and anyone in between! - that struggle with body image issues. imagine if someone looked at those pics and thought "aw it's so reassuring to see myself in lana and my body in her body, she looks great!", then they scrolled down their twitter feed to see that actually she apparently looks terrible and fat and old and ugly.

i can't relate to lana's body personally bc i'm very curvy as opposed to slim, but i can relate to gaining weight recently - i'm turning 22 in two days and my metabolism has really started to slow down, i'm having to kiss goodbye to the teenage body i've unrealistically idealised in my current mind (even though i hated that body when i had it too), i'm seeing changes in my face and body.... it makes me happy to see it's not only happening to me, but then i think wow - if people look at lana and think "ew she's changed", what the hell do they look at me and think?

idk. people can be horrible. womanhood is hard. i'm gonna go pour some wine lmao

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I hope anyone as shallow as the Twitter trolls is held to an impossibly high standard that they feel they have to keep up for a while. When they start to age or gain some weight they'll probably expect people to be sympathetic. It's just bullying, plain and simple. There are way too many people on that site who have no personality and feel like they have to comment on everything they see, even though it's completely aimless.

OK I really do not feel I'm being misogynistic because I would be just as baffled if a man dyed their hair color. What was she thinking????

I understand the $300 Grammy dress from the mall. I mean, I hate the dress, but I can appreciate that she was taking a stance against the celebrity culture of over-spending and over-consumption. But is this $39.99 dye job really necessary? Like you have already made your point Lana! You are rich, but you still go to the mall and buy the same things that everyone else buys. You don't have to dye your hair in Oklahoma and literally transform yourself into a Karen to prove your point!

That hair is so homophobic, I am so traumatized.

OK I really do not feel I'm being misogynistic because I would be just as baffled if a man dyed their hair color. What was she thinking????

I understand the $300 Grammy dress from the mall. I mean, I hate the dress, but I can appreciate that she taking a stance against the celebrity culture of over-spending and over-consumption. But is this $39.99 dye job really necessary? Like you have already made your point Lana! You are rich, but you still go to the mall and buy the same things that everyone else buys. You don't literally have to transform yourself into a Karen to prove your point!

I don't think anyone was offended by that, it was about people making comments about her weight. I'm pretty sure it says more about them as people though, they probably pressure themselves in the same way. To put that on somebody else is disgusting though.

I understand the $300 Grammy dress from the mall. I mean, I hate the dress, but I can appreciate that she taking a stance against the celebrity culture of over-spending and over-consumption. But is this $39.99 dye job really necessary? Like you have already made your point Lana! You are rich, but you still go to the mall and buy the same things that everyone else buys. You don't have to dye your hair in Oklahoma and literally transform yourself into a Karen to prove your point!

i don't think it's in anyway that serious, all she's doing is getting her hair done and wearing a casual outfit. this isn't in anyway a statement about overspending, or taking any sort of stance against celebrity culture, she shouldn't be expected to look glammed up, ready for photoshoots and red carpet all of the time, she's allowed to hear a casual outfit and not wear makeup, and no, that does not make her a "karen". if you think her hair looks so bad to the point where you joke around about being traumatized, or if you think she's looking a certain way to project some sort of image, that's your problem, not hers.

WGe8ynS.gif

There was an article somewhere online saying that stan culture for a number of reasons is due a reckoning.

They were more than fucking right.

https://www.vulture.com/amp/2020/05/lana-del-rey-doja-cat-stan-culture-essay.html

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I don't condone child abuse but jeez some of these trolls should have be smacked left and right by their parents then maybe they would think twice before running their mouths and thinking it's okay to say these things without consequence. 

The comments Lana received is the exact reason why I'm terrified of growing older as a women. Men age and get called silver foxes, sugar daddies etc meanwhile women get called old hags, dusty, expired etc. I hate it so much. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I am so bored reading through the arguments on this thread. Does anyone really care who dislikes who? Just use the ignore feature.

We want people to stop being so superficial, that's why we speak up.

I understand the $300 Grammy dress from the mall. I mean, I hate the dress, but I can appreciate that she taking a stance against the celebrity culture of over-spending and over-consumption. But is this $39.99 dye job really necessary? Like you have already made your point Lana! You are rich, but you still go to the mall and buy the same things that everyone else buys. You don't have to dye your hair in Oklahoma and literally transform yourself into a Karen to prove your point!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We want people to stop being so superficial, that's why we speak up.

They probably won't and that's their problem. Some people just are superficial because they think that's how the world is. Apparently it is... I don't know. I stay at home so idk how shallow the average person is. I get nothing from going outside in England so I never really hear what people say about anyone lol

Not trying to be dramatic but I'm still sad that fat-shaming is still a thing

Edit: I also guess I'm being hypocrite because I used to say shit like "skinny legend" or "thats fat" but still, shaming a person for their body is such a disgusting thing

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I don't condone child abuse but jeez some of these trolls should have be smacked left and right by their parents then maybe they would think twice before running their mouths and thinking it's okay to say these things without consequence.

The comments Lana received is the exact reason why I'm terrified of growing older as a women. Men age and get called silver foxes, sugar daddies etc meanwhile women get called old hags, dusty, expired etc. I hate it so much.

Thing is they wouldn't have the fucking balls to say half the shit they spew on social media/forums to any normal ladies face nvm someone actually famous. Fucking keyboard warrior cowards. That's all they are.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371