Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

I'm not really a fan of gatefold as it tends to look too chunky and some of them don't stay shut properly if they're cheaply made, is this a double vinyl then or? I ordered mine months ago but i cant find the receipt for it, has anyone gotten a dispatch confirmation yet? I hope it isn't lost or something :oprah2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I’m so happy to see sportcruiser is the most popular poem :wub:

I’ve loved it so much since July, it really speaks to me and feels so personal and the message 

UGH she’s amazing 

"Don’t forget me"

8 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Does someone know if Violet was submitted for SPOKEN word Grammy?

Who else submitted..

Not sure if Violet really was submitted or anyone else who definitely was, but there’s a good chance James Taylor’s Break Shot was submitted. It seems like most people already assume he’s her biggest competition in the category. 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

The inner gatefold and the sleeve.... Dude I can't. I think whoever was responsible for the art direction should take a long hard look at themselves. This is SO shoddy and beyond amateur

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

8 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

The inner gatefold and the sleeve.... Dude I can't. I think whoever was responsible for the art direction should take a long hard look at themselves. This is SO shoddy and beyond amateur

I gotta disagree. I know it's simple af but I think it works, for some reason.

At least there's more work in this gatefold than in the NFR one lmao 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

It's not even "simple" it's dumb and extremely poorly executed. It's actually kinda hilarious to think a) somebody got paid for this b) it passed multiple rounds of approval c) the person responsible felt good enough about it to submit it :barrie:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

It's not even "simple" it's dumb and extremely poorly executed. It's actually kinda hilarious to think a) somebody got paid for this b) it passed multiple rounds of approval c) the person responsible felt good enough about it to submit it :barrie:

Um, I haven't seen the back cover tho. Can you post a pic?

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

The Official EDM just came out:

https://zaphod.vvhp.net/viewemail?con=24465726&cmp=16820&act=753860&subj=0&sec=d457beff08f3&webversionpage=1

Um hello, Lana del Rey, TAP Management, Universal, Simon + Schuster, literally ANYONE who works on this team - I live in Australia and the links in your EDM are ALL broken and NONE of them lead to the Official Store and NOTHING can be bought. Honestly, what is the point of sending this to your global audience when the links don't work outside the country. I am in Australia and ALL of the links to the store are broken still. Please pass this on to the webmanager and/or marketing team. Do you want me to buy this merchandise or not?!

Even if I wanted to buy the Collector’s Edition where the hell would I even buy it. This is such a joke.

3lfQEhw.png

40 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

The Official EDM just came out:

https://zaphod.vvhp.net/viewemail?con=24465726&cmp=16820&act=753860&subj=0&sec=d457beff08f3&webversionpage=1

Um hello, Lana del Rey, TAP Management, Universal, Simon + Schuster, literally ANYONE who works on this team - I live in Australia and the links in your EDM are ALL broken and NONE of them lead to the Official Store and NOTHING can be bought. Honestly, what is the point of sending this to your global audience when the links don't work outside the country. I am in Australia and ALL of the links to the store are broken still. Please pass this on to the webmanager and/or marketing team. Do you want me to buy this merchandise or not?!

Even if I wanted to buy the Collector’s Edition where the hell would I even buy it. This is such a joke.

Do you still have that problem? 'Cause it worked for me when you posted and it still does

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif