Beautiful Loser

BBC Radio 1 Annie Mac COCC Premiere Jan 11th 2021

5 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Could anyone tell me what she said about Yosemite and recap the passage she talked about her work with Jack please? I don’t really wanna have to go through the entire interview :ohno:

She said that Jack didn't touch the track and it was produced with Knowles 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

3 hours ago, daddyauerbach said:

she did not just say she's prepared for the pandemic bc shes crazy ... but same

she's also making some good points 

she totally made some great points I just don't think she articulated them clearly

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

It's pretty clear to me that she actually has no idea how to take criticism, and I mean, that's a fault most of us would have, but how does she not understand that we aren't criticising her for making music and releasing an album, we are criticising the mess that she makes of it all????

And just as I thought, her friends are not helping her learn or improve her approach with being an ally to POC by telling her "we don't care bby grl, you're doing the right thing xo" lol

To me this has become such a bittersweet release. The new song is so beautiful and the video is some of her best work. But despite her good intentions, Lana sounded so problematic in that interview and I don’t think we should support any of what she said simply because we are fans. I’ve been trying to find excuses for her after her post for the culture but now she’s drifted too far and I feel like I would be lying to myself as a human if I wasn’t calling her out on it. There might be reasons for the way she spoke (she sounded very disjointed, confused and insecure) and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re linked to poor mental health. But equally she has a massive platform and some of the stuff she says is deeply offensive and tone deaf. How could she claim that she thinks Trump is not aware that people were going to storm the capitol ? It just sounds like she’s been hiding in a cave for the last 5 years. Also claiming that Trump is insane and that’s why he’s acting that way... when really she should call him out for what he is : a fascist. I’m extremely disappointed BUT artists and celebrities are human. Humans are problematic. So I’m going to choose to keep listening to her music as it’s a work of art but I won’t follow her so closely anymore because it has actually brought my mood down tonight.

I appreciate what she said about Narcissism and Psychopathy being the biggest problem in the world, but I wish she worded it as "it's also the root of the Climate Change and Capitalism issue" instead of sounding like she's dismissing those huge problems. Everything was so poorly worded. She used to be really good with words wtf.

18 minutes ago, Whitemustang said:

To me this has become such a bittersweet release. The new song is so beautiful and the video is some of her best work. But despite her good intentions, Lana sounded so problematic in that interview and I don’t think we should support any of what she said simply because we are fans. I’ve been trying to find excuses for her after her post for the culture but now she’s drifted too far and I feel like I would be lying to myself as a human if I wasn’t calling her out on it. There might be reasons for the way she spoke (she sounded very disjointed, confused and insecure) and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re linked to poor mental health. But equally she has a massive platform and some of the stuff she says is deeply offensive and tone deaf. How could she claim that she thinks Trump is not aware that people were going to storm the capitol ? It just sounds like she’s been hiding in a cave for the last 5 years. Also claiming that Trump is insane and that’s why he’s acting that way... when really she should call him out for what he is : a fascist. I’m extremely disappointed BUT artists and celebrities are human. Humans are problematic. So I’m going to choose to keep listening to her music as it’s a work of art but I won’t follow her so closely anymore because it has actually brought my mood down tonight.

All of this!!!! 

annie asks the most braindead questions and babysits the conversation lana literally had the most competent and relevant intelligent things to say about last year out of anyone ive heard talk about it

4 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

can we mass report

I'm too scared to listen or read the article but did she actually say that? What was the context? Not that it makes it any better for fuck's sake :deadbanana:

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

she's over :toofunny:

eh this looks worse out of context. if people on twitter want to just go by that one sentence then whatever go off.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm too scared to listen or read the article but did she actually say that? What was the context? Not that it makes it any better for fuck's sake :deadbanana:

if you haven't read or listened, don't form an opinion, esp not on a mid-sentence quote, just stay impartial?