Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

or maybe the Ride, Body Electric, Ultraviolence, Sad Girl, Black Beauty, Honeymoon, Swan Song etc guy

So who is responsible? Which producer/s? I would never change these songs but it IS a bit ridiculous.

Actually It made Swan Song lose its potential tbh

I remember seeing screenshots from her old Facebook saying something along the lines of she'd gotten the devil of meth out of her life, so potentially yes.

thank you darling <3

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

is true that lana was addicted to meth?

I remember seeing screenshots from her old Facebook saying something along the lines of she'd gotten the devil of meth out of her life, so potentially yes.

Piggybacking off of this: There were screenshots from her personal Facebook talking about AA meetings and AA-related events. If someone could scrounge those screenshots up, because I know people have to have them, we could easily get definitive proof she was there using archived AA documents. Well, I could do it anyway. (While AA is Alcoholics Anonymous, drug addicts also frequent their meetings.)

She also quoted, word for word, the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous on her old Twitter account.

giphy.gif

Piggybacking off of this: There were screenshots from her personal Facebook talking about AA meetings and AA-related events. If someone could scrounge those screenshots up, because I know people have to have them, we could easily get definitive proof she was there using archived AA documents. Well, I could do it anyway. (While AA is Alcoholics Anonymous, drug addicts also frequent their meetings.)

She also quoted, word for word, the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous on her old Twitter account.

what does mean "piggybacking off"? 

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Here it just means "speaking of which ..."

thank you! english isn't my first language so i don't get most of these slangs you know

<3 

holy f this is so damn interesting i don't even know how to answer you

~~

she looks so supportive to people,like,  she looks she were that 'one person' who helped everyone to go through drugs/any other problems

There was a screenshot of her responding to someone saying about how they were getting clean and if I remember correctly Lizzy specifically mentions meth as what she was getting clean from? Or maybe I'm just dreaming, but I clearly remember that.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

There was a screenshot of her responding to someone saying about how they were getting clean and if I remember correctly Lizzy specifically mentions meth as what she was getting clean from? Or maybe I'm just dreaming, but I clearly remember that.

This?

wvcrx.jpg

On 6/11/2017 at 11:31 PM, Kali Uchis said:

Well there's that one, but its not the one i'm remembering... It was in the comment section of a photo~

Are you talking about the Carmen comment?

A fan left a comment on the video: "My best friend in the world just got clean off meth a few months ago, and when I showed her this song we realized this song hit such a soft spot for both of us … as soon as I watched the video and saw the “how does meth change our brains” part I just lost it and bawled my eyes out … It’s like this song has a hidden meaning only my friend and I can understand, and I wish I could meet Lana and tell her how her music affected us, but I know she’ll never see this. Love her."

& Lana replied: "I see you. Love you. I got clean too, so I know how it goes."

50631872216_176dd46cf1_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

where is the full size version of this emote? I can't find it anywhere :oprah3:

edit: I just read the actual OP and it says this thread is for lana-related questions only. MESS. well disregard me unless you can help a sis out  :hooker:

On 6/11/2017 at 11:37 PM, Elle said:

Are you talking about the Carmen comment?

A fan left a comment on the video: "My best friend in the world just got clean off meth a few months ago, and when I showed her this song we realized this song hit such a soft spot for both of us … as soon as I watched the video and saw the “how does meth change our brains” part I just lost it and bawled my eyes out … It’s like this song has a hidden meaning only my friend and I can understand, and I wish I could meet Lana and tell her how her music affected us, but I know she’ll never see this. Love her."

& Lana replied: "I see you. Love you. I got clean too, so I know how it goes."

50631872216_176dd46cf1_o.jpg

Oh yeah!! I think it is that one! I really thought it was in the comment section of a photo on FB though haha  :derpna2:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

holy f this is so damn interesting i don't even know how to answer you

~~

she looks so supportive to people,like,  she looks she were that 'one person' who helped everyone to go through drugs/any other problems

It's possible that she was that person. I want to go digging, I feel like if I could get those screenshots, where she talks about specific meetings and events, we could find out more about her involvement and role with other addicts or alcoholics (besides what she's done as a famous person).

There are a lot of possibilities here to learn more about Lana, though...the people who knew her in that way probably won't be forthcoming with any information, but I'm willing to try and find stuff out.

giphy.gif

Digging around like that is pretty tacky (to say the least) IMO

It's not just that post, but that goes along with harassing people that have no part in Lana's music career and badgering them. I do wonder how many people get contacted by raving Lana Del Rey fans scoping through screencaps of her social media over 5+ years ago.

Under the guide of what? finding out specifically why she was going to AA meetings? Addiction is a very personal struggle

o.O That's um,,,,idek

edit: @@baddisease, no offense..<3 i love ur icon

Digging around like that is pretty tacky (to say the least) IMO

It's not just that post, but that goes along with harassing people that have no part in Lana's music career and badgering them. I do wonder how many people get contacted by raving Lana Del Rey fans scoping through screencaps of her social media over 5+ years ago.

Under the guide of what? finding out specifically why she was going to AA meetings? Addiction is a very personal struggle

o.O That's um,,,,idek

edit: @@baddisease, no offense..<3 i love ur icon

To find out what she was like back then. I'm not really interested in the specifics of her story.

giphy.gif

Who told her it was okay to just repeat a word several times and call it a chorus?

the fact that writing a song doesn't have a rule book. it's art. you can do whatever the fuck you want with it.

just saying.

Lana talking like a 12 stepper repulses me in a way I've never been repulsed before.

why?

To find out what she was like back then. I'm not really interested in the specifics of her story.

it's not really our business unless Lana wants to share it with us.

~INSTA1.gif

the fact that writing a song doesn't have a rule book. it's art. you can do whatever the fuck you want with it.

just saying.

why?

it's not really our business unless Lana wants to share it with us.

Re: why

Because they talk like robots. I'm not sure how familiar you are with them, but having been in meetings (for my own drug/alcohol problems)...they rattle off the same irritating cliches a lot, and it would pain me to see a creative,intelligent person like Lana doing that (and even if Lana weren't "Lana", just a random person, I'd feel the same way. ordinarily smart people become sheep in those meetings.)

giphy.gif