Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

My questions are:

1. what is a “cinematic” writing? Can you give me examples please?

2. why do people say Lana’s writing has changed? Can you give examples please?

3. what is “world building”? Can you give me examples (I just feel like Blue Banisters title song, for example, also builds a world and therefore is cinematic :um3:)

@Elle omg when was this? is this recent? SHE LOOKS GORGE 2ETDWCY.jpg 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

17 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

@Elle omg when was this? is this recent? SHE LOOKS GORGE 2ETDWCY.jpg 

This was backstage at her performance in Chicago from the NFR Tour in November 2019 :)

32-C798-DE-24-D9-44-DC-8703-A4-BD6-EAAFD92

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

was arcadia proven fake initial title for blue banisters?

Didn't BOZ say that some time she changed the album's name to a lead single or something? And changed the tracklist also. Arcadia was the lead single of the album though. It was in June 2021 when she met Drew Erickson and they started making new songs.

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

is Be My Baby Tonight a real alt title for one of lolitas versions or is it how it was registered somehwere?

I think it's a random "nickname" for the song. I haven't seen it registred like that. It's same kind of nickname like Love Song was In Your Car ect.

url%5D

On 6/14/2023 at 11:28 PM, bia said:

My questions are:

1. what is a “cinematic” writing? Can you give me examples please?

2. why do people say Lana’s writing has changed? Can you give examples please?

3. what is “world building”? Can you give me examples (I just feel like Blue Banisters title song, for example, also builds a world and therefore is cinematic :um3:)

I don't know if writing can be 'cinematic', but production wise cinematic would (in my opinion) be heavy orchestra/ build up and drops in general. Born To Die is cinematic with instrumentals, that violin in Ride, Yonge and Beautiful, a lot of her earlier material I would consider more cinematic, as she currently leans more into piano/acoustic/voice driven songs.

Her writing has changed in that it is more diaristic, more wordy, and more in her present thought. It leans heavier on meaning rather than quick hooks or "bops" production wise.

Tbh she has been world building and changing since 2012. You cannot speak about music in  2012 without referencing Lanas impact. She paved the way for a lot of artists to speak vulnerably about there feelings while seeming "unfeminist". When she came about, it was in a climate of "strong females" like Adele, Lorde, and Florence. And in comparison, the media wiped the floor with her for being so vulnerable and "unfeminist" for purely writing songs about her life experiences/ being weak without her man/ being emotionally and physically abused. And 10 years later they call her a visionary. My opinion is that the media was actually unfeminist in trying to silence her by reducing her to glamorizing her pain.

11 hours ago, love deluxe said:

does anyone know where i can find this video in higher quality/ not pitched up? also i would love to know where it originated from.

https://vimeo.com/264269953

It was part of the legendary Keds campaign from 2009 when they invited up and coming artists to design a line of sneakers for them. You can see her designs here! https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Keds

I assume these weren't sent to production? since she's not even wearing them in the video. Vegas Baby alone would've put Nike out of business :oprah3:

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

1 hour ago, orpheline said:

https://vimeo.com/264269953

It was part of the legendary Keds campaign from 2009 when they invited up and coming artists to design a line of sneakers for them. You can see her designs here! https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Keds

I assume these weren't sent to production? since she's not even wearing them in the video. Vegas Baby alone would've put Nike out of business :oprah3:

thank you so much!!! seeing this in hd gave me life

giphy.gif

does anybody has more pics of this day? 

Spoiler

tumblr_mbux4jcpMP1rampaso1_1280.jpg&key=

i know there's another one but i can't find it anywhere :(  if someone has it HD i'll love u foreverrrr

and what year is it from?? im guessing its from 2010~2011 but idk i've searched all lana wiki and can't find it :crai:

also i wanna know if this picture is from the same day or,,

Spoiler

tumblr_mbuxdpZEt11rampaso1_500.jpg&key=c

34 minutes ago, la otra mujer said:

Reveal hidden contents

i know there's another one but i can't find it anywhere :(  if someone has it HD i'll love u foreverrrr

and what year is it from?? im guessing its from 2010~2011 but idk i've searched all lana wiki and can't find it :crai:

also i wanna know if this picture is from the same day or,,

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_mbuxdpZEt11rampaso1_500.jpg&key=c

there is another picture from that same day, with chuck and naomi shon, but i don't know where to find it, maybe @lizzyology or @HeadBitch have it?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

What was that interview where someone said Lana had many surprises coming for fans this year? I think it was someone on her team/she’s close with. I can’t remember who it was for the life of me

13 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

What was that interview where someone said Lana had many surprises coming for fans this year? I think it was someone on her team/she’s close with. I can’t remember who it was for the life of me

It was Ben (or Ed) and he said it in an Insta story. Around when Blue Banisters was released? Or before? It was 100% in 2021 though! He could've said in an interview during BTD's 10th birthday too, I'm starting to overthink now :assad:

url%5D

2 hours ago, la otra mujer said:

Hide contents

I found a color version of it but I don't know if it's helpful! :)

Lb-RXH0ey-400x400.jpg

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

It was Ben (or Ed) and he said it in an Insta story. Around when Blue Banisters was released? Or before? It was 100% in 2021 though! He could've said in an interview during BTD's 10th birthday too, I'm starting to overthink now :assad:

I could’ve sworn it was a few months ago. I remember it being pretty vague too, didn’t really give many details (which doesn’t help us unfortunately):delicious:

Just now, TropicoKitten said:

I could’ve sworn it was a few months ago. I remember it being pretty vague too, didn’t really give many details (which doesn’t help us unfortunately):delicious:

It was probably one of his 😍🚀❤ hype strategies

url%5D