Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

do we have actual musicians here?

i would like to know if they ever tried to replicate the chords to lana songs, especially on guitar

i started guitar introduction classes Last semester and learned a few chords and other things and im trying to create a repertoire of songs i could learn, really easy songs for beginners.

I thought about learning the whole sirens album cuz it feels simple but the chords i found on a website sounds diferent(?) and it doesnt tell me the playing style.

can anyone help me? :creep:

9 hours ago, CHATEAU MARMONT said:

do we have actual musicians here?

i would like to know if they ever tried to replicate the chords to lana songs, especially on guitar

i started guitar introduction classes Last semester and learned a few chords and other things and im trying to create a repertoire of songs i could learn, really easy songs for beginners.

I thought about learning the whole sirens album cuz it feels simple but the chords i found on a website sounds diferent(?) and it doesnt tell me the playing style.

can anyone help me? :creep:

Good question !

ive read several takes on these but have we found out throughout the years 
if old money was written for The Great Gatsby and was supposed to be there before Young and Beautiful? since it was registered way back before Y&B release and soundwise it fits 100%
and was Young and Beautiful was written for the film in mind? ive always thought it was exclusively Paradise track from the start and then producer heard this song and chose it over whatever song that had been picked first (possibly Old Money), plus i seen a good take that the change of lyrics to fit the film makes it obvious too that the song wasnt meant to be a soundtrack for the 1920's film first,
had we got any confirmations about this topic?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

ive read several takes on these but have we found out throughout the years 
if old money was written for The Great Gatsby and was supposed to be there before Young and Beautiful? since it was registered way back before Y&B release and soundwise it fits 100%
and was Young and Beautiful was written for the film in mind? ive always thought it was exclusively Paradise track from the start and then producer heard this song and chose it over whatever song that had been picked first (possibly Old Money), plus i seen a good take that the change of lyrics to fit the film makes it obvious too that the song wasnt meant to be a soundtrack for the 1920's film first,
had we got any confirmations about this topic?

in youtube there's a mashup of old money and young and beautiful and one of the fans commented about that topic more closely, i can't remember which video it was tho because i read that like 5 or 4 years ago. but as much as i can remember, didn't jamie xx produce the demo for old money in 2012? because jamie xx and his band the xx was one of the contributors for the great gatsby soundtrack. i have found old money very paradise too and i remember when i said that in instagram many years ago many fans disagreed and came after me for this lol.

young and beautiful was always meant for paradise tho? wasn't it? didn't she say that in a radio when the song had like long ass title?

i think that the paradise version of young and beautiful is the dan heath version which is in the music video and she and rick probably changed the production for the movie. old money was produced by dan heath too but idk which year she recorded that version. there was a video where lana was skyping baz luhrmann about the song but i haven't watched that for a long time.

lyrically old money fits the movie better than young and beautiful imo.

but my question is why old money is called old money? maybe there is an another version where she says old money? daisy from the great gatsby has been a symbol of "old money", so maybe there's the connection?

idk just my thoughts, it's a very interesting topic tho

url%5D

22 minutes ago, Embach said:

in youtube there's a mashup of old money and young and beautiful and one of the fans commented about that topic more closely, i can't remember which video it was tho because i read that like 5 or 4 years ago. but as much as i can remember, didn't jamie xx produce the demo for old money in 2012? because jamie xx and his band the xx was one of the contributors for the great gatsby soundtrack. i have found old money very paradise too and i remember when i said that in instagram many years ago many fans disagreed and came after me for this lol.

young and beautiful was always meant for paradise tho? wasn't it? didn't she say that in a radio when the song had like long ass title?

i think that the paradise version of young and beautiful is the dan heath version which is in the music video and she and rick probably changed the production for the movie. old money was produced by dan heath too but idk which year she recorded that version. there was a video where lana was skyping baz luhrmann about the song but i haven't watched that for a long time.

lyrically old money fits the movie better than young and beautiful imo.

but my question is why old money is called old money? maybe there is an another version where she says old money? daisy from the great gatsby has been a symbol of "old money", so maybe there's the connection?

idk just my thoughts, it's a very interesting topic tho

:oprah2:so many interesting theories u’ve wrote and there is definitely much space for speculation on this topic, as for ynb i’ve always imagined that the demo version was the one meant for the album as it was leaked as paradise version and kinda different from movie, but production wise released version and dan heaths version more in vein of paradise sound

also i read that old money is a family wealth, inherited money that is apparently fits with great gatsby also?

7 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

:oprah2:so many interesting theories u’ve wrote and there is definitely much space for speculation on this topic, as for ynb i’ve always imagined that the demo version was the one meant for the album as it was leaked as paradise version and kinda different from movie, but production wise released version and dan heaths version more in vein of paradise sound

also i read that old money is a family wealth, inherited money that is apparently fits with great gatsby also?

yeah, as i said the topic is very interesting. i went to ldr wikia and there was written that boz allegedly said that old money was recorded after paradise sessions in 2012?

also the song was co-written by robbie fitzsimmons, are there possibly more sessions where lana has songs with robbie? because strangely that's the only Lana song where robbie has credits and when I googled him seems that he is more of an unknown singer

url%5D

8 minutes ago, Embach said:

yeah, as i said the topic is very interesting. i went to ldr wikia and there was written that boz allegedly said that old money was recorded after paradise sessions in 2012?

also the song was co-written by robbie fitzsimmons, are there possibly more sessions where lana has songs with robbie? because strangely that's the only Lana song where robbie has credits and when I googled him seems that he is more of an unknown singer

yeah the song is formerly from late 2012 this one demo that leaked back in march with tag tropico and 2012 year attached confirming that https://krakenfiles.com/view/sHLWCw9uIa/file.html and also jamie xx produced their version of old money in 2013 so i never really attached it to the great gatsby thing as i always imagined old money was picked to be a part of the great gatsby soundtrack but then producer heard ynb and they decided on y&b in 2012 already

and also i dont tjink that tjat robbie guy has anymore contribution of working with her

On 8/5/2023 at 7:04 AM, lanaismamom said:

do we know if this is true? hearing about it the first time

She talked about it in a radio intervew ages ago, maybe in 2013? She said she wanted it on the album but she was not allowed to use it

is this real?? if so then she’s a real brooklyn baby :eartha:  IMG-5765.jpg

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

8 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

is this real?? if so then she’s a real brooklyn baby :eartha:  IMG-5765.jpg

Yes it's real :eartha:

Also the fact that her Facebook pfp used to be Charlie's face never fails to send me :eartha: Like only quarter of Lana's face is seen, it's from that photo

Spoiler

da276c10bc7180fba861190b4a383404.jpg

url%5D

why's video games rising on apple music?

it's on #151 in the US right now. It's also charting on 51 other countries

that's weird because the daily numbers on Spotify still the same

:wtf3:

1 minute ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Because it’s a classic :trisha:

ngl tho it’s one of those timeless beautiful songs that will always be iconic. She was channeling god when she wrote that. Such a gorgeous song

we want that 1M update :trisha:

Probably a playlist push 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Just now, Mer said:

Probably a playlist push 

that's what I thought... they should do the same on Spotify, video games deserves summertime sadness' daily streams