Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

THE UV/HM/CHEMTRAILS TRIFECTA

I KNEW IT 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

I KNEW IT 

If it joins them I will be so happy. They are and forever will be her masterpieces. Imo

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

17 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

To make up for earlier here's a tea: she doesn't say "don't be afraid of our love" in Tulsa Jesus Freak :bebe:

the tjf snippet she gave us was scrapped and instead gave us another country flop

ignore to confirm bestie

SIX-925-F28-EF-3396-4432-B041-EEFD43-EF3

Spoiler

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Just now, gasstationkween said:

If it joins them I will be so happy. They are and forever will be her masterpieces. Imo

It's certainly looking to be a beautiful and cohesive record like them :angie:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I KNEW IT 

Honestly I LOVE Norman but I don't get it... the acclaim it got is a bit too much. Yes, it's a very good album, but a perfect ten? Better than UV and Honeymoon? Something weird happened there, I don't know... this made me actually more excited about COCC, if critics found flaws then it's got to be better. 

Just now, uvbabe said:

Honestly I LOVE Norman but I don't get it... the acclaim it got is a bit too much. Yes, it's a very good album, but a perfect ten? Better than UV and Honeymoon? Something weird happened there, I don't know... this made me actually more excited about COCC, if critics found flaws then it's got to be better. 

She subconsciously catered to the critics and what the world wanted from Lana Del Rey. A woman who isn't controversial. A woman who "stays in her lane." Her best albums (Honeymoon, UV, and likely Chemtrails) have a unique, and often polarizing identity that isn't made for everyone. NFR! doesn't have an identity, as much as I love it. She even notices it herself: "there's nothing NOT to like about Norman."

12 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

nfr was critically acclaimed because it was safe, plain & simple, that doesn't mean that it was a bad album, or a boring album, but it didn't feel as in-depth and nuanced as her previous work, it's obvious that she's maturing as an artist, which is great, but nfr didn't quite have the polarizing, in-depth feel that, let's say, honeymoon has, i'm feeling confident that cotcc will be more of an honest and impactful body of work like honeymoon, especially since she's expressed that she doesn't want to limit herself and her artistry

Filthy Dreams GIF Review: “Pink: The History Of A Punk, Pretty, Powerful  Color” At The Museum at FIT | Filthy Dreams MYSPACE GLITTER | Glitter graphics, Glitter text, Glitter tumblr Flowers GIF - Find on GIFER

Just now, Contemplating God said:

She subconsciously catered to the critics and what the world wanted from Lana Del Rey. A woman who isn't controversial. A woman who "stays in her lane." Her best albums (Honeymoon, UV, and likely Chemtrails) have a unique, and often polarizing identity that isn't made for everyone. NFR! doesn't have an identity, as much as I love it. She even notices it herself: "there's nothing NOT to like about Norman."

So true! Thank you for enlighten me, sister. No, really, I mean- I knew it but I just can't believe people can still be that sexist... 

39 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

I believe she will start venturing more into her love of songwriting/folk alt inclinations, especially since she seems very very into  Adrianne Lenker/Big Thief 

As she should be Adrianne lenker is a treasure