Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i think it's totally fine if people want to discuss / hype up dealer, even if we won't hear it for a long time, we already hype up a lot of unleaked / scrapped material, and dealer was produced by zach dawes, and it's a "screamer" so the hype surrounding it is reasonable, in my opinion

Yeah it's perfectly fine to hype it up, I just always had a "WTF" moment when she said she would put a screamer on an album that's shaping up to be very soft and gentle. It would be very jarring imo, but like everyone else, i'm still excited to hear it.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i think it's totally fine if people want to discuss / hype up dealer, even if we won't hear it for a long time, we already hype up a lot of unleaked / scrapped material, and dealer was produced by zach dawes, and it's a "screamer" so the hype surrounding it is reasonable, in my opinion

if we're going to hype up diet mtn dew baby why not hype up dealer too indeed :nails:

back on topic i'm kinda happy there's not much going on in my life at the moment because there'll be plenty of space and time for the majesty and richness of Chemtrails to unwind :trisha: 

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Here, legend! I loved this little interview she did!

somehow i didn't know she'd waitressed in lake placid too! thought she only waitressed when she moved in w her uncle and aunt before college.

aOaIzH2.gif

6 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

I also feel like it hasn’t been that uncommon for Lana to put outtakes/old songs from the last few records just as they are or reworked (like Yosemite, TNBAR, and California being songs that were meant for other projects appearing on her most recent records) so it’s not totally off the table for Dealer to be on the next album, especially since the song was done between the last finished songs for Chemtrails and her 2 cover albums with Zach, who seems to be producing this next album! 

LDR8 produced by Zach with Thunder and Dealer on it :bebe:

10 days until the announcement of the title :ma:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

“Good Pussy” 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Here, legend! I loved this little interview she did!

Thanks icon!!!

First of all, queen of proper finances. Sure, she may spend 12K on an animal-shaped ornamental hedge for her lawn but UAK she paid off $17,200USD of credit card debt :mariah:

Second, I was hoping the interview would be longer and that she’d drop a few more Easter eggs about White Dress. She did say she was everyone’s favorite waitress so maybe being the favorite made her feel like a God? Everyone wanting her as their waitress, the attention she probably got, etc. Probably a reach but it feels like this whole pre-release is one giant reach for information hahah. 

Third, miss u kween. Ilysm :kiss2:

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:

“Good Pussy” 

Good Pussy...Through the Mechanics of the Void

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

When that critic from the guardian gives COCC a 2/5 rating and we get another QFTC with the new title?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

it's crazy what this woman brought to our lives but also the impact she has on us :bebe: like i literally have a whole planning for the 19th :bebe: i plan to go to the store :bebe: then go back home :bebe: listen to the CD with headphones in my bed :bebe: then go to my hometown for the extra retrospective introspective white dress vibes :bebe:

she literally gets hundreds of thousands of people to care that much for something she's not even putting any effort into hyping up how is that even possible

Did Lana herself say Dealer was a screamer? If so then I don't really trust her word on that description. She probably scratched her voice for 0.5 seconds and called it that.

However if the interviewer said it was, then I'm hyped. I like to think of Dealer as an introduction to LDR8. Perhaps Lana will find it easer to make a new album by working around that one song she already did

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

23 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Can we shut the fuck up about Dealer maybe? It isn’t coming it’s scrapped. It could be terrible so why ya’ll hyped for a song when you don’t even know what it sounds like.

We had over 5 years of people whining about Life Is Beautiful and it’s paid dust now.  We have a whole album coming so why care about one song which is likely a shouty mess anyway?  

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Future Jazz said:

it's crazy what this woman brought to our lives but also the impact she has on us :bebe: like i literally have a whole planning for the 19th :bebe: i plan to go to the store :bebe: then go back home :bebe: listen to the CD with headphones in my bed :bebe: then go to my hometown for the extra retrospective introspective white dress vibes :bebe:

she literally gets hundreds of thousands of people to care that much for something she's not even putting any effort in hyping up how is that even possible

I'm listening to it on headphones like four times before bed, then going to Target to buy the CD with the Krug cover, then play it on my way home as I wait for my vinyl with the ugly cover :bebe:

3 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Did Lana herself say Dealer was a screamer? If so then I don't really trust her word on that description. She probably scratched her voice for 0.5 seconds and called it that.

However if the interviewer said it was, then I'm hyped. I like to think of Dealer as an introduction to LDR8. Perhaps Lana will find it easer to make a new album by working around that one song she already did

she described it as a "screamer" in interview magazine, i honestly believe her, she also said she was "screaming her head off" which i think is kinda specific :) 

5 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

we'll be able to discuss and thirst over dealer as much as want in the ldr8 pre-pre-release thread within the next month :nails: 

the way her announcing ONE title super early (bartender, let me love you like a woman) is the only thing that keeps the pre-pre-release thread alive every time because other than that she's 100% silent :nails:

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

she described it as a "screamer" in interview magazine, i honestly believe her, she said she was "screaming her head off" which i think is pretty telling, that's kinda specific

Lana screaming her head off on one verse:

Spoiler

:creep:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

Thanks icon!!!

First of all, queen of proper finances. Sure, she may spend 12K on an animal-shaped ornamental hedge for her lawn but UAK she paid off $17,200USD of credit card debt :mariah:

Second, I was hoping the interview would be longer and that she’d drop a few more Easter eggs about White Dress. She did say she was everyone’s favorite waitress so maybe being the favorite made her feel like a God? Everyone wanting her as their waitress, the attention she probably got, etc. Probably a reach but it feels like this whole pre-release is one giant reach for information hahah. 

Third, miss u kween. Ilysm :kiss2:

Of course!!! <3 and yes, we love our debt-paying debutante :sass::thumb3:

And me too - I wish her interviews at this event were released in full because it seems like she had a lot of interesting things to say about the scientists being honoured and about her own work! Since this interview took place in November 2018, a whole 8 months before NFR even came out, I wonder if this was when she was in the early stages of journaling White Dress? Maybe it was a song she lyrically pieced together slowly, like Hope is a Dangerous Thing!

I feel like it’s quite possible that that was what made her feel like a God - she even said in the Mojo interview that she enjoys getting back into service so maybe being a waitress is one of the things that put her into that spot of this serving, benevolent figure who was “everybody’s favourite waitress”? Certainly the “favourite” part would contrast what the general public/media had done to her in her early  career and especially this year so maybe she’s really going to explore that?

And I miss you too! You’re always the best, ilysm, I feel like it’s been a while! :wub:

i think the idea of dealer being a "screamer" at maybe one section of the song would be very interesting, almost like the "climax" of the song, at the beginning, her voice is warbly, husky, melodramatic, maybe it'll even have the "high-trill" and at the bridge / last chorus she's totally screaming, imagine how chaotic and iconic that would be? :yesnod: :hair: 

3 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I'm listening to it on headphones like four times before bed, then going to Target to buy the CD with the Krug cover, then play it on my way home as I wait for my vinyl with the ugly cover :bebe:

the way I pre-ordered the CD with the Krug cover the day it was made available in France but didn't ask for it to be delivered home because I was scared it could come too late :bebe: and also because it came with a free poster of the beautiful cover :nails:

driving to Chemtrails is going to feel magical though :nails: