Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

It's possible the album could be released first via Apple music and Spotify, and then the physical albums could be put up for pre-order for later?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

My new prediction Single 4th September - Album 30th

Also this is based on other artists who were suppose to be releasing who now don’t appear to be. Adele and Rihanna for example, suggested they don’t know when it's coming. But unlikely it’s next month.  This opens up September 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

It's possible the album could be released first via Apple music and Spotify, and then the physical albums could be put up for pre-order for later?

Possible, but with new chart rules it means other versions like vinyl released at a later date won’t count in the same week.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Possible, but with new chart rules it means other versions like vinyl released at a later date won’t count in the same week.  

Good point

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, TheHardestWhite said:

Am i the only one that still thinks she's just going to drop the album on Sep 4th and be done with it, no singles, just the album

This is what I'm choosing to believe and it would be very interesting since with NFR I think we heard too much before the official release. Before she told us the date for COCC I was hoping she would just have a surprise release. 

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

Actually the album (at least Vinyl copies) could be delayed... could be. That does not mean will be.

Several months back there was a fire at a factory in southern California that makes the lacker discs. I do remember reading in one of my industry publications that this could cause a slight slow down in the vinyl supply chain. I have not heard or read anything new about that situation. 

If Lana wants everything coming out together at the same time, then she could push the release back. 

The album itself is done being mastered and the photoshoot has taken place. The next step is registering the copyrights. I have not seen any new songs in Lana's name registered yet, so I don't think that has happened yet. It goes without saying that you can't put the new music out there without registering the copyrights.

I'm pretty sure that lana wouldn't have gotten the september 5th date out of her ass, but i remember reading in an article about TaP management that came out in June or so, which basically said that neither ben nor ed really looked over her typewriter rants, so I don't know if that date had 100% been confirmed yet

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

17 minutes ago, bored said:

I honestly love the idea of her just dropping the full project on the 4th, with no promo... I mean, it stops us getting our hopes up in terms of visuals etc. However, I really can't see her team wanting to miss out on the first week physical sales? We know she's an album artist and doesn't need a single to kick-start an era; but just dropping this digitally with no pre-order etc has me worried.

And that's what she said she was going to do, drop the album with no (or few) announcements or fanfare. Why expect anything different? She's even given a date. I know she has an incredibly bad record of delays--I've suffered through them too--but this time, probably because of her track record, she's going to drop the album in a professional if very low-key manner. We may get something before, like a track list, album art and/or a single, but if we don't, I'll still expect the album on the early September date. 

15 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Nothing’s impossible. It might depend if Interscope wants a number 1 album or not. Part of her sales have always been with physical releases... But then again, does it still matter matter in this day and age and with the whole COvId situation? Plus she is doing very well over time via streaming...
anyways, that being being said, this is the first era where nothing gets leaked in advance because of early shipments and misinformed streaming platforms. A streaming only release, for the first week, sure would prevent a couple of leaks. 

3 hours ago, titanicearth said:

Speculating, speculating...

Craig Stark - cop from Bartender - posted something a photo with Lana just a few hours ago. Nowadays, it seems that everybody who posts a reference to Lana seems to be working with her from Sheridan to Nicole. Could it be possible that he’s working with her too? Wasn’t he present with Lana when she was in that car shoot?

Could be in another music video possibly...

1 minute ago, AlexParliament said:

Actually the album (at least Vinyl copies) could be delayed... could be. That does not mean will be.

Several months back there was a fire at a factory in southern California that makes the lacker discs. I do remember reading in one of my industry publications that this could cause a slight slow down in the vinyl supply chain. I have not heard or read anything new about that situation. 

If Lana wants everything coming out together at the same time, then she could push the release back. 

The album itself is done being mastered and the photoshoot has taken place. The next step is registering the copyrights. I have not seen any new songs in Lana's name registered yet, so I don't think that has happened yet. It goes without saying that you can't put the new music out there without registering the copyrights.

But as we found out last time with NFR, the copyrights weren't registered until the evening before its release. At least that's what was reported here, I believe reliably, by dedicated fans who know how to track and trace them. 

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

And that's what she said she was going to do, drop the album with no (or few) announcements or fanfare. Why expect anything different? She's even given a date. I know she has an incredibly bad record of delays--I've suffered through them too--but this time, probably because of her track record, she's going to drop the album in a professional if very low-key manner. We may get something before, like a track list, album art and/or a single, but if we don't, I'll still expect the album on the early September date. 

I can only imagine if that does happen... Our New Zealand members will have to answer to a lot of questions on release day... “Screenshot the cover! The titles, the lengths!!! Do a livestream!!! Is Yosemite there????”

Yes----didn't NFR, or parts it, suddenly appear on Spotify roughly 48 hours before its official release? That's how many fans were able to start posting lyrics, though not on this site, and describing the tracks. 

I doubt interscope cares about getting lana a number 1 album at this point. If they cared that much they wouldn't have dropped NFR the week after Lover. Either way she's gonna get stable streaming numbers throughout the entire album that compare to chart topping artists' streaming numbers (their singles excluded). Look at NFR, most songs got over 40mil streams on Spotify without them really promoting it.

qfrWuBl.png

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

But as we found out last time with NFR, the copyrights weren't registered until the evening before its release. At least that's what was reported here, I believe reliably, by dedicated fans who know how to track and trace them. 

I do remember that and I actually found that to be bizarre. I just assumed that it was registered before hand but just didn't show as registered until the day before. 

I'll keep my eye on that regardless as we wait for this album to come. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Yes----didn't NFR, or parts it, suddenly appear on Spotify roughly 48 hours before its official release? That's how many fans were able to start posting lyrics, though not on this site, and describing the tracks. 

FIILY and the greatest were delayed, probably because of the double release of Season of the Witch and Looking for America... but her own channel had FIILY playing at midnight on the first release date, and the greatest was available for a whole 3-4 days starting on that same date... Somebody didn’t get the memo. 

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I doubt interscope cares about getting lana a number 1 album at this point. If they cared that much they wouldn't have dropped NFR the week after Lover. Either way she's gonna get stable streaming numbers throughout the entire album that compare to chart topping artists' streaming numbers (their singles excluded). Look at NFR, most songs got over 40mil streams on Spotify without them really promoting it.

NFR is about to hit 800 M streams this week... It is doing very well. In comparison, UV has roughly 900M, six years after release. She has steady streams for all of her albums, though her most popular right now are BTD and NFR.