Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

does anyone else get mega depressed the week after a highly anticipated album has came out... life just feels meaningless im not even kidding lmao

I mostly get the blues a month or two after a good record was released and there is nothing in sight to look forward to. It’s a good chance that I am also a big Star Wars nerd and when Lana is quiet, my other obsession isn’t lol, though I remember a drought of the two simultaneously and life was fucking hard!!! 

15 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

Oh hey, it was Khris, right??, 

imma let them come forward themselves if they wanted to :kiss: rite now, campaigning the martini on fire, unsure about the vinyl color, but a pearlescent off white/ amber, and based off the snippet, some maroon variant. 

so I come back a week later, the snippet's been removed from her account, and the thread gets up'd to 509 w/o anything new why.. 

UV/Honeymoon

14 minutes ago, AsDangerousAsHope said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. Aside from the pandemic that is still growing in my country, so I'm still not going out, my life is great right now, but I still check this thread daily cause lana's art makes me feel like nothing else does. It's okay to like something so much and be excited for it. 

Lana always offers great escapism from life, and the pandemic is surely one reason why we are impatiently craving Chemtrails, even if we had at least five superb leaks since March, even if Norman isn’t even one year old and even if we finally have Violet to listen. The Verve’s Bittersweet Symphony says it all: “I need some sounds that recognize the pain in me”, and I feel Chemtrails will truly do that. 

37 minutes ago, Lemonade Tears said:

I loved TNBAR before it was released on NFR, but now I never listen to it anymore and I dislike the lyrical changes. It also just feels out of place for me in the tracklist, it still feels like it doesn't even belong on NFR. I don't want that to happen to YTH, so I honestly wouldn't like it if it was on COCC. I just want an album with completely new songs and surprises instead of stuff we've already heard.

This this this!!!! This is EXACTLY how I’m feeling to, I skip BAR every time it comes on when I’m listening to NFR! It just doesn’t belong on the album, sonically!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

My main reason for being suspicious of the Sept 4/5 release date is that she "announced" it at the end of an angry rant, presumably for impact. 

I bet Ben and Ed had NO idea. 

Also, as I've said before, releasing on Sept 4/5 is a "fuck you" to the industry because it just misses the Grammys deadline ... I doubt Interscope would be very pleased about that, because Grammy noms = $$$. 

She's just not trustworthy I'm SORRY. 

Whatever, though - I'm operating under the assumption that it'll be delayed af and then I can be pleasantly surprised if it isn't. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

41 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Lana always offers great escapism from life, and the pandemic is surely one reason why we are impatiently craving Chemtrails, even if we had at least five superb leaks since March, even if Norman isn’t even one year old and even if we finally have Violet to listen. The Verve’s Bittersweet Symphony says it all: “I need some sounds that recognize the pain in me”, and I feel Chemtrails will truly do that. 

For me, it's not escapism I find in LDR's music or any other music I like, but the opposite, simply someone else seeing what I see in life the way I see it. Therefore, it's validation, not escapism for me. Not every LDR song, by any means, accomplishes this for me, but some 20-30 do, and most of the recent links do, like 'Serene Queen,' 'Living Legend,' the LFL demo and 'Thunder.'

3 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

My main reason for being suspicious of the Sept 4/5 release date is that she "announced" it at the end of an angry rant, presumably for impact. 

Also, as I've said before, releasing on Sept 4/5 is a "fuck you" to the industry because it just misses the Grammys deadline ... I doubt Interscope would be very pleased about that, because Grammy noms = $$$. 

Whatever, though - I'm operating under the assumption that it'll be delayed af and then I can be pleasantly surprised if it isn't. 

or the albums leaks suddenly and she has to release it earlier and she’s suddenly on the spot for the grammy’s last date of 31 August 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

3 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

right

didn't she also 'announce' white hot forever during the grammys hype? she always seems to announce random shit when she's worked up (either from excitement or resentment.) 

33 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

This this this!!!! This is EXACTLY how I’m feeling to, I skip BAR every time it comes on when I’m listening to NFR! It just doesn’t belong on the album, sonically!

Just download the original version, delete (but save) the NFR version, and replace it with the original. Problem solved. I've added the original BAR to my LFL e-album and deleted (but saved) 'Coachella' and one or two other LFL tracks I don't care for at all. 

I'm annoyed and here's why... Lana announced that her next album would be a surprise release, this doesn't bother me, I liked the idea and would have enjoyed it. However, her then giving us the album title and a potential release date has ruined this for me. I might seem impatient, but now I'm expecting something, something that prior to her announcement, I wasn't sure existed. Now we know she has a body of work ready and if she doesn't fulfil the release on September 4th then I'm gonna disappointed. It's like being stuck in some weird limbo of anticipation... the Tulsa Jesus Freak snippet and Ben saying new music is coming soon just adds fuel to this fire. Obviously, she can't undo it, but next time she announces a surprise release, I hope she keeps it that way until the second it appears on streaming.

I don't know why I'm ranting tbh, it's just like, I can't pretend this doesn't exist anymore and wait for her to "surprise" release it when she's ready. And so now, I know it exists, I know it's coming (potentially on the 4th) but still nothing feels official or trustworthy.

I thought various members here have found solid evidence of COCC mentioned in early September on release rosters from various companies? Haven't some here reported that and offered proof? 

there’s a side marketing going on though. The weeknd’s radio with the money power glory feature, Springsteen played again Lana Del Rey on this cast (American, this time) praising Lana. It seems something is being cooked already 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

3 minutes ago, bored said:

I'm annoyed and here's why... Lana announced that her next album would be a surprise release, this doesn't bother me, I liked the idea and would of enjoyed it. However, her then giving us the album title and a potential release date has ruined this for me. I might seem impatient, but now I'm expecting something, something that prior to her announcement, I wasn't sure existed. Now we know she has a body of work ready and if she doesn't fulfil the release on September 4th then I'm gonna disappointed. It's like being stuck in some weird limbo of anticipation... the Tulsa Jesus Freak snippet and Ben saying new music is coming soon just adds fuel to this fire. Obviously, she can't undo it, but next time she announces a surprise release, I hope she keeps it that way until the second it appears on streaming.

I don't know why I'm ranting tbh, it's just like, I can't pretend this doesn't exist anymore and wait for her to "surprise" release it when she's ready. And so now, I know it exists, I know it's coming (potentially on the 4th) but still nothing feels official or trustworthy.

Yeah this is why she should drop TJF without delay. 

Everyone would feel reassured. 

We deserve

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

6 minutes ago, TheFirstWhoEverDid said:

there’s a side marketing going on though. The weeknd’s radio with the money power glory feature, Springsteen played again Lana Del Rey on this cast (American, this time) praising Lana. It seems something is being cooked already 

you're giving her team too much credit :toofunny:

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I thought various members here have found solid evidence of COCC mentioned in early September on release rosters from various companies? Haven't some here reported that and offered proof? 

Her official website has "her upcoming 2020 album, Chemtrails Over The Country Club" somewhere in the coding or something like that. As for the September release dates online, I imagine that's just word of mouth. A lot of the retailers are reporting September 5th (the date Lana gave), however this is a Saturday and new albums are released on Friday (4th). The label would know this and therefore if that info was provided from a reliable source, I imagine it would say September 4th.

A similar thing happened with Lust For Life, I believe. Once a publication announced May 26th as the release date, a lot of online sources and retailers announced that date as the album release. When in fact, we didn't get the album til July.

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Just download the original version, delete (but save) the NFR version, and replace it with the original. Problem solved. I've added the original BAR to my LFL e-album and deleted (but saved) 'Coachella' and one or two other LFL tracks I don't care for at all. 

Nope, I don’t want it on the album at all, the original/demo sounds just the same but with small changes. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

8 minutes ago, bored said:

Her official website has "her upcoming 2020 album, Chemtrails Over The Country Club" somewhere in the coding or something like that. As for the September release dates online, I imagine that's just word of mouth. A lot of the retailers are reporting September 5th (the date Lana gave), however this is a Saturday and new albums are released on Friday (4th). The label would know this and therefore if that info was provided from a reliable source, I imagine it would say September 4th.

A similar thing happened with Lust For Life, I believe. Once a publication announced May 26th as the release date, a lot of online sources and retailers announced that date as the album release. When in fact, we didn't get the album til July.

Thanks, Bored.