Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Hi all. I'm back on the forum for the first time in ages. Is it against the rules to ask to listen to the leak? Would appreciate anyone's thoughts! Don't wanna get in trouble for asking.

Also; pre-ordered my signed cassette bundle last month aaah!!! :oic:

Spoiler

Yosemite brings the LFL soundscape back, it sounds like both Heroin production wise and like Change lyrics wise. There is folk components to it and I’m glad she was finally able to find a home for it. It’s beautiful.

6 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

THE ZODIAC SIGNS AS COCC SONGS

:party:(explanations in spoiler tag):party:

Aries: Wild at Heart

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman

Gemini: Dance Till We Die

Cancer: Yosemite

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Virgo: For Free

Libra: White Dress

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game

Pisces: White Dress

Hide contents

Aries: Wild at Heart (passionate, adventurous, evades routine)

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman (serene, soft, ruled by Venus)

Gemini: Dance Till We Die (penchant for fun, duplicitous first 3/4 to last 1/4)

Cancer: Yosemite (sensitive - “burning at both ends,” nurturing, loyal)

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club (warm and dynamic w/ an appreciation of the material meets celestial world)

Virgo: For Free (peace in nature or the natural state of the world, methodical, and traditional)

Libra: White Dress (aesthetic visions, equality-prone re: “men in music”, idealistic)

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak (sensual, bold + dark, slight sarcasm/kitsch)

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost (adventurous, spontaneous, optimistic)

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly (pragmatic, enduring, sense of responsibility to address the situation)

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game (inventive, eccentric, free-spirited, wanting to avoid conforming to fame)

Pisces: White Dress (dreamy, devoted, reflective, hopeful)

capricorn? BREAKING UP SLOWLY? i am deeply hurt :pls: we are definitely tulsa jesus freak :nails:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, sjatib said:

Hide contents

If I remember well, i think you asked for the album to have a vibe similar to that song back when we didnt have yet the title track, and when it was released, i thought that definetly it had some similarities (mostly the tempo and the folky, somehow celtic atmosphere created by the twelve string performance). You did win here!

Yesss, i did:hair: i won indeed

27 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

The fact that she will never sing this live because her vocal range are not all this live :xcry:

look up for terrence loves you live performance and say that again sweetie :tanisha:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

1 hour ago, gsf said:

Is there any “Bartender” type of song in COCC?? My favourite song from NFR!

Spoiler

Not really but maybe Tulsa Jesus Freak, it’s more uptempo than Bartender but it gives me a similar vibe, also maybe Yosemite

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I still can't believe the album is that good. I mean, I hoped and wanted a masterpiece but I didn't expect we'd get it :trisha:

Listening to it...it took me back when I first discovered her music, I related to it, it reminded me why I love her art so much :krylie:

Capture.jpg

Spoiler

I love how much of White Dress is about music. Looking back at a time in her life where music came with less pressure, the simple joy of just enjoying music without the stress of expectations once you've already made it.

Sun Ra, down at the men in music business conference, listening to jazz out on the lawn, listening to White Stripes when they were white hot, listening to rock all day long, listening to Kings of Leon to the beat, just sing in the street.

:defeated:

here are my thoughts on the album and the songs that no one asked for:

Spoiler

White Dress - AMAZING. Sounds so different from what she’s ever done vocal-wise. The part where she sings “Down at the men in music business conference”  threw me off but after days of listening to it I grew to like it. The melody is so good and its a great opener. 9/10

Chemtrails - I think we’ve already established that this song is a classic, the bridge, the lizzie vibes in the second verse, the slow build up, and the outro are so iconic i LOVE it. 10/10

TJF - So seductive and sexy. It’s like CG and Cherry had a baby. It could’ve done without the autotune though, or maybe a more subtle one. still WE’LL BE WHITE HOT FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AMEN!!!! 9/10

LMLYLAW - a classic, so mellow and comforting. it’s fundamentally Lana and I love how she serves a different perspective of dominance and responsibility in the relationship. The instrumental is amazing and I love the sounds of the heartbeat in the background. 8/10

Wild At Heart - A very cute song. A mashup of NFR and it’s very obvious. I feel like its a recycled song melodically, like, there’s nothing new. Lyrically is quintessentially a love song. I’ve contemplated a lot about this song and i’ve decided that it’s my least favorite song :/ 7/10

Dark But Just A Game - A BOP? so catchy, the melody, the piano break after the first chorus and when it goes back to the original beat!!! Such a journey!!! Lyrically is so good as well I can relate to it on a personal level. My top 3 for sure. 10/10

NAWWAL - A very cute song, I loved the title and the LOTR reference and was very excited to see what it was about cause i’m a big nerd. The song reminds me a lot of “Is This Happiness”, especially in the chorus. The vibe is so comforting, it gave me what I needed. 8/10

Yosemite - WELL WELL WELL. Talk about a god-tier track! The guitar and bongo combo, the dark lyrics and the juxtaposition between the dark verses and the bright chorus HITS. also the bridge- amazing. so atmospheric and cinematic. 10/10

Breaking Up Slowly - I had my doubts before listening to it because i didn’t like the live performance. But honestly, i like this song a lot. Its more folk-y than country, the only apparent country element is Nikki’s voice, which I don’t mind at all. Overall the song is good and it grew on me 7/10

Dance Till We Die - A short story: I was listening to it for the first time while sending my thoughts and reactions to my friend. I was saying that the song was a bit monotonous and it may be my least favorite. As soon as i clicked “send” she JAZZED IT UP.  And boy was I left speechless. My top 3. She ATE that up!!! 10/10

For Free - Such a good cover, they all served vocals and the HARMONIES are heavenly. A great closer. 8/10

Another thing I’d like to note is the length. It’s just perfect. It’s enough to experience the whole album and appreciate all the little things about every song. I wish Lana did more short albums like this. Love it. With every listen i have of this album, it ranks higher and higher in my ranking list.