Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Born to Die, Paradise, UV, Honeymoon & Lust for Life is what I would consider 'very classic/authentic Lana' titles, but Norman Fucking Rockwell and Chemtrails Over the Country Club is what I would describe as 'New-Lana'. It doesn't 'feel' like Lana to me at all...it seems like a new chapter in her music career and not really tiles I would consider to be 'her'. This probably doesn't make any sense but I consider NFR & COCC to be her 'new' work/perspective/sound

No I feel the same

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I wonder if the spoken word theme will carry over into the album. Something similar to benji by sun kil moon.

We've had a poem interlude before, so this wouldn't surprise me. HM teasssssss

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

" Chemtrails Over the Country Club " ?

AAAAHAHAHAHAH, Elle, you´re so funny !!  That is so hilarious !   :D     :gclap:

I Love the new album title !

This title calls for a Slim Aarons style album cover with chemtrails in the sky...

Screen_Shot_2019_01_24_at_18_58_26_copy_

TrashMagic, that is THE perfect 1960s style album cover for Lana Del Rey !  :D

Give me a minute to work something INTO it for you.

I will be right back !

-

Born to Die, Paradise, UV, Honeymoon & Lust for Life is what I would consider 'very classic/authentic Lana' titles, but Norman Fucking Rockwell and Chemtrails Over the Country Club is what I would describe as 'New-Lana'. It doesn't 'feel' like Lana to me at all...it seems like a new chapter in her music career and not really tiles I would consider to be 'her'. This probably doesn't make any sense but I consider NFR & COCC to be her 'new' work/perspective/sound

definitely and i was gonna say exactly this a few moments ago (our minds) - lust for life was definitely the end of her lana del rey persona, it says it all in get free and it was such a beautiful and spiritual outro to the character, with norman fucking rockwell it felt so much more like elizabeth (going into aviation/becoming a poet) this was her getting free (nopunintended) of the character she built up for so many years

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Which could be why LFL sounded so stale.

Evolution is not always bad, in this case, NFR was great. I'm hoping COTCC is in the same vein as NFR

Also, NFR is the least Rick album we've had so far. Even UV had a ton of him throughout it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Visuals are very important for me with lana I've always felt that way.. music and visuals go hand in hand in world building and story telling i can't choose one

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Tbh I think Lana Del Rey died with Honeymoon, with Lust For Life serving as the polar opposite and reiteration of the Born To Die Cycle.

Now we’re headed towards Ultraviolence 2.0 folks!

I thought this for a while too. The idea of LFL was a recycle. The start of a new collection of records

This would be the HM era, though. NFR being the UV of Cycle 2

giphy.gif

I haven't processed yet that this is coming in a few months. I deadass was not expecting another Lana record until late 2021. Prolific gorlie. 

46nlTLF.gif

I do wish she hadn't announced it without putting out a lead single first. I have trust issues with this binch. I'm fully expecting the September 5 date to be postponed.

will lanaboards get a new theme cus im tired of looking at that musty lust for life picture - miss norman was robbed i dont want miss cocc robbed too :crossed:

I haven't processed yet that this is coming in a few months. I deadass was not expecting another Lana record until late 2021. Prolific gorlie. 

46nlTLF.gif

I do wish she hadn't announced it without putting out a lead single first. I have trust issues with this binch. I'm fully expecting the September 5 date to be postponed.

Don't wish this, remember last time? We got VB & MAC a full ass year ahead of the album  :noparty:  :defeated:

~~~

so are we calling this album COCC? or COTCC?

with an album abbreviation like COCC, I better have a few tracks to fuck my bf to  :hooker:  :makeup:  :biblio:

giphy.gif

Lust for life gave us amazing visuals and... well, personally I don’t think it’s a good record

Whut? It literally hd 0 visual direction. The visuals were as over the place as the music. Some photoshoots were great, others looked like random fashion-magazine-shoots. And all of the music video visuals were flawed in one way or the other. WM had great visuals but even without knowing BAR it was obvious the visuals were not meant for the track. LFL started out nice but then there were just boring scenes of Lana and the Weakend on the Hollywood-Sign. Love had a great style but the  focus on the teenagers made it seem like a Vodafone commercial.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Which could be why LFL sounded so stale.

Evolution is not always bad, in this case, NFR was great. I'm hoping COTCC is in the same vein as NFR

Also, NFR is the least Rick album we've had so far. Even UV had a ton of him throughout it

i think rick only worked on one or two songs on born to die and those were just writing credits

i love you, but you don't understand me.

just give me NEIL back please for the album cover

we don't need videos, we don't need a tour. make this record, put out the books, and then slay us again next with with album #8  :party:  :popcorn:  :toofloppy:

giphy.gif

Sorry to open this endless discussion but someones gotta do it... what flower/colour pallet do we think this era will be? :hooker:

Whut? It literally hd 0 visual direction. The visuals were as over the place as the music. Some photoshoots were great, others looked like random fashion-magazine-shoots. And all of the music video visuals were flawed in one way or the other. WM had great visuals but even without knowing BAR it was obvious the visuals were not meant for the track. LFL started out nice but then there were just boring scenes of Lana and the Weakend on the Hollywood-Sign. Love had a great style but the  focus on the teenagers made it seem like a Vodafone commercial.

:deadbanana:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i think rick only worked on one or two songs on born to die and those were just writing credits

Actually you're right, BTD was mostly Emile but Rick does have production credits on 2 tracks from BTD

giphy.gif