Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Anyone else stupid like me and has a small bit if hope that she's gonna put Roses Bloom for You on the album? :xgiggle:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ok I know this is a joke about Lana’s tree story but tbh Joni Mitchell ‘s creative guitar playing was bc her hand was fucked from polio so that made this extra funny (maybe you were referencing that too, if so, niiice, if not, still nice lol)

Sadly, I'm not that smart.  :crai:

But I appreciated your enthusiasm - plus your love, your life, your lust for life.

3lfQEhw.png

If she gives us a snippet I want it to be like 10 seconds of a track, perhaps just the opening, before she sings anything. It’s be hype, give a small taste of production, but not ruin any lyrics or melodies.

My delulu ass hopes for Serene Queen

I would looove Serene Queen to get an official release but frankly I don't think Jack is the best person to produce it, so I hope it comes out at another time (or manages to retain the original spirit of production like BAR did). The track is a little more malicious pop than sweet indie (which Jack is great at).

3lfQEhw.png

I'm praying (for Lana's sake) that the album won't leak early.

I know it always leaks a few days beforehand, usually from someone in retail getting their hands on the CD, and that's unavoidable.

But I hope it doesn't leak in like, August. I feel like with COVID and lockdown, the files might have been passed around more, with people working remotely? 

I think Lana would be disappointed if something was to leak, it's happened to her too many times...

Soemeone else mentioned that considering that they're still working on mastering the album there might be no physical copies out on Sept. 4th

Hoping we get another 7-9 minute long, psychedelic track somewhere 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

No snippets please, they ruin everything in my opinion because you just keep repeating the same part of the song over and over again for weeks (or months) so that you've practically heard the entire song (in a way) and have grown tired of the way it sounds without actually having experienced the song in its true form, so can cancel culture cancel snippets the way they cancel everything else please... #nosnippets2020

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

As much I love snippets, finding/listening to leaks, and am obviously an impatient person, I hope when I do listen to her upcoming new music, that it'll be for the first time. I wasn't so excited when first listening to NFR because I basically already had listened to it all a million times over by the time it was officially released, and some of it forever ago due to Lana herself, her zillion snippets. It's of course exciting for both Lana and the fans, but in the end I just think it kills the freshness of the work by release day. It's like a celebration of "old" songs by then - happy they're all released, but the experience is certainly dulled.

You know that feeling when you come across an incredible song you haven't heard of before, even if it's from an unfamiliar artist, and it's so good that you just fall into a deep rabbit hole and find even more gems? It's so great and unexpected, and I'd love to feel that way for this.

Soemeone else mentioned that considering that they're still working on mastering the album there might be no physical copies out on Sept. 4th

. . . if this is true then I just wanted to say. 

pearlescent off white vinyl/ amber color variant, starburst patterned. 

martini on fire photoshoot

slight up the shoulder pic, one hand trying to cover her eyes, but an explosion in the sky reflecting off in her eyes for the UO cover. 

galore/flaunt mag shoot fusion for the main cover. I dig the Aarons vibe w the balanced focus when it comes to his photography but I'd love to see what Nodland'd do.

jgwftoL.gif

UV/Honeymoon

. . . if this is true then I just wanted to say. 

pearlescent off white vinyl/ amber color variant, starburst patterned. 

slight up the shoulder pic, one hand trying to cover her eyes, but an explosion in the sky reflecting off in her eyes for the UO cover. 

galore/flaunt mag shoot fusion for the main cover. I dig the Aarons vibe w the balanced focus when it comes to his photography but I'd love to see what Nodland'd do.

ugh yes i'd love something in the style of the flaunt shoot, super vintage and campy is what i need to accompany the album title

i want the album cover to be a mix of glam and risky, lana looking really elegant and glamorous but it doesn't take itself too seriously so there's lots of chaos happening around her  :diva:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

hopefully she will serve us chromatica level bops with this one!

Lana releasing music that isn't just meant to be catchy fun pop music is exactly why it stands the test of time and doesn't get old. Chromatica was released a few months ago and I'm pretty sure I'll never play it again. I've seen people say similar things in the Gaga thread.

ugh yes i'd love something in the style of the flaunt shoot, super vintage and campy is what i need to accompany the album title

i want the album cover to be a mix of glam and risky, lana looking really elegant and glamorous but it doesn't take itself too seriously so there's lots of chaos happening around her  :diva:

Maybe not too vintage, the LFL cover seemed a, off imo, but yesss to everything else! 100% agree on the second sentence where've ya been this is what I've been trying to say all thread.

UV/Honeymoon