Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

After a few hours of thinking i think that this record will either sound like

- LFL 2.0 

(Lord please prove me wrong)

- NFR 2.0

(The song from the snippet will be like the cinnamon girl of COCC)

Please not LFL 2.0 - After all the drama about having to tone it down for the masses it would just be a total turn off if she did that

It's true, to be fair, Born to Die, Paradise, and Ultraviolence all came out on Tuesdays in the US (likely due to her double contract with Polydor in the UK and Interscope in the US) so anything is possible!

The releases dates of albums changed from Tuesday to Friday, a couple years ago. Singles, on the other hand, tend to be dropped whenever.

The snippet is definitely reminiscent of Star Girl, Cinnamon Girl and Trash Magic. Sultry and sexy. 

It's hard to tell if the entire album will be like this, I mean it's like the Cinnamon Girl of NFR, there's always that one sexy upbeat-ish song that stands out from the rest. Maybe this is what Tulsa Jesus Freak is, the sexy song of COCC.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The releases dates of albums changed from Tuesday to Friday, a couple years ago. Singles, on the other hand, tend to be dropped whenever.

If they want to get a number 1 single, they drop it on a Friday. If they don’t care they drop it whenever

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

IMO (and I don't have the best record in terms of guessing lyrics, honestly ...)

You should stay close to Jesus

Keep my bottle, put your hand on mine

Find your way up to my bed again

Sing it like a bible hymn

We should go back to Ar-kansas :oic2:

Drink this wine and throw that canned (?) shit ETA: last word might also be "yeah"

(Slowed it doen in VLC and I think it might be, "drink this wine and fuck that ____, yeah")

Like a little piece of heaven

I'm no candle in the wind

You should come back to our place, baby

Don't be afraid now

Here it is on YouTube in case anyone wants to replay parts of it again and again and again and try to figure it the fuck out until Ben sees this and takes it doen

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I’m so ready for Chemtrails... but I must say that I will miss the NFR era. Won’t miss the dragging-on a year + before release, but the month before it and the interviews and photos after were just incredible. It finally felt coherent in August last year. The cover, the MV, the trailer, the two singles before release, the acclaim... The nostalgic beach vibes :)

I’m so ready for Chemtrails... but I must say that I will miss the NFR era. Won’t miss the dragging-on a year + before release, but the month before it and the interviews and photos after were just incredible. It finally felt coherent in August last year. The cover, the MV, the trailer, the two singles before release, the acclaim... The nostalgic beach vibes :)

Same! I have amazing memories attached to NFR, I wonder if it’ll be the same for COTCC. There’s not much to do these days, and I’m not a reckless person. It might be difficult making memories at home :(

At least I’m pretty sure the album is gonna be amazing. If you guys are saying the snippet is a mix between HM and NFR with Cinnamon girl vibes, I’m here for it! Also very excited for LMLYLAW if it’s a mix between Fine China and NFR

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Same! I have amazing memories attached to NFR, I wonder if it’ll be the same for COTCC. There’s not much to do these days, and I’m not a reckless person. It might be difficult making memories at home :(

At least I’m pretty sure the album is gonna be amazing. If you guys are saying the snippet is a mix between HM and NFR with Cinnamon girl vibes, I’m here for it! Also very excited for LMLYLAW if it’s a mix between Fine China and NFR

I feel you, friend! Same here: these peculiar times are weird. I mostly stay at home also, although life as we knew it is slowly picking up, while still being so different. I don’t think the world will be the same for a couple of years, and staycations will become more and more common, I think. This is why I hope that a couple of tracks on Chemtrails will have the feeling of the quarantine and the loneliness attached to it.

As for the snippet, I’m not hearing Cinnamon Girl that much, but I’m not the biggest music connoisseur, especially in LQ snippets. In the melody perhaps... All I can say is that it’s a sexy track (can’t believe a song called Tulsa Jesus Freak can be sexy).

If she releases a lead single (especially if it's TJF) i think she has a huge chance of debuting top 25. She's been getting a lot of attention lately and tiktok has really helped the locals get all over here over the past year...

Especially with a more hip-hop/pop sounding song like TFJ, if we only had the same energy as the barbz

But Charts don't matter, although it would be nice  :hooker:

tenor.gif?itemid=9848335

She's always charted at least 1 single from each album on BB hot 100

BTD - video games (91) & Summertime Sadness (6)

UV - West Coast (17, her only solo top 20 debut) & Ultraviolence (70) & Shades of Cool (79)

HM - High By The Beach (51)

LFL - Love (44) & Lust For Life (64)

NFR - Doin Time (59)

others:

Y&B (22)

DCMA (13)

Prisoner(47)

Stargirl Interlude (61)

tenor.gif?itemid=9848335

Yes. And if not tomorrow, then the day after that, and if not then, then the day after that and so on and so forth  :hooker:

not you leaking my mums tactics like that :creep:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Genuinely wondering why do you guys think the snippet is reminiscent of honeymoon? Idk I don't hear it, but it does remind me of CG a lot

I don’t hear Honeymoon either (by the way, wasn’t the same comparison mentioned after the snippet of Mariners? « It’s folk meets HM », or something like that?)

I hear Living With Myself much more than Cinnamon Girl but then again, I’m no music connoisseur, especially with a LQ snippet.