Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

15 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

One word please ; Lush

Β 

a collab with lush? can't wait to try out the blue hydrangea bath bomb and diet mtn dew bubble bar!

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“‚π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“π“Žπ“ƒ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώπ‘œπ’Άπ“ƒ π‘œπ’» 𝒢𝓇𝒸

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡ π“Œπ‘œπ“‚π’Άπ“ƒ π’·π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’ π‘œπ“‡ 𝒢𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒢𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓃 π“‚π“Ž π’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π“Ž π’Ύπ“ˆπ“π’Άπ“ƒπ’Ή π’·π’Άπ’·π“Ž

13 hours ago, Mer Boy said:

I don’t mean to be nit-picky, but if I may for just one sec: does anyone else hope the mastering and engineering on this album is better than NFR? There’s something about NFR that just sounds slightly β€œtinny” to me.Β 

Β 

I've annoyed a lot of fellow LB users with this, but it's probably the thing I disliked the most about NFR, the way almost the entire album carriedΒ this sort of tinny, flat, muffled and kinda dry tones throughout, especially the piano, or the lack of heavy bass.Β Was it done on purpose? Was thatΒ the sound engineers fault? Or did they mess with this album beyond repair while mixing it?Β Who knows really, but it sounds too soft (even the more "intense"/rockier songs) and a bit off at times.

Β 

I honestlyΒ hope COCC has more bite to it.

4 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

Β 

I've annoyed a lot of fellow LB users with this, but it's probably the thing I disliked the most about NFR, the way almost the entire album has this sort of tinny/flat and kinda dry tones throughout, especially the piano.Β Was it done on purpose? Was the the sound engineers fault? Or did they mess with this album beyond repair while mixing it?Β Who knows really, but it sounds too soft (even the more "intense"/rockier songs) and a bit off at times. I hope COCC has more bite to it.

Β 

It might also be the microphones and the positioning? On songs like Mariners, the piano is a littleΒ too sharp...? It sticks out to me a lot when NFR songs come on between her other works (espc. Paradise and Honeymoon) which have otherwise been mastered beautifully and provide a richer sound overall.Β 

I hope it's not a "Antoff" thing--and I don't think it is, since none of Lorde or Taylor's music has this same quality--and I hope whatever caused this to be flagged and fixed for COCC...do we know if she usually uses the same engineers to master her records?Β 

Spoiler

I've set my iPhone EQ to "treble reducer" and it seems to have helped NFR a lot

Β 

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

π“Š”Β I took the miracle move on drugΒ π“Š”

βš•οΈΒ The effects were temporaryΒ βš•οΈ

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

The sudden silence on her Instagram has to mean something is really comingΒ 

I know it’s like we get something every day for a few days from her and all of a sudden we get a countdown from a hairdresser sending us into madness and she goes SILENTΒ 

If Lana redid any song for this album, I'd want it to be Never Let Me Go (if she doesn't change any lyrics) that's such a good track ugh

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

8 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

Β 

It might also be the microphones and the positioning? On songs like Mariners, the piano is a littleΒ too sharp...? It sticks out to me a lot when NFR songs come on between her other works (espc. Paradise and Honeymoon) which have otherwise been mastered beautifully and provide a richer sound overall.Β 

Β  Hide contents

Β 

the first verse of cinnamon girl sounds like 2 different microphones are being used there's like a subtle quality change midwayΒ idk if anyone else notices this

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, Mer Boy said:

Do we know if she usually uses the same engineers to master her records?Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

Β 

That I wouldn't know, tbh. But I've looked through the personnel information on all her albums and both Born To Die and 'Paradise' had different mixing and mastering engineers on each almost each tracks. 'Ultraviolence' is said to have been mixed by the same person on all tracks. I couldn't find who mixed and mastered 'Honeymoon'. 'Lust for Life' there was one person that mastered track number one and another person that mastered the rest of the album. As for 'NFR' the mastering was done by three different people depending on which track.

Β 

TL;DR: Her records aren't mix by the same people/team.

6 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

The sudden silence on her Instagram has to mean something is really comingΒ 

the fact we're willing to believe anything... if she goes on posting sprees its an announcement and if she goes silent theres something going on too:flop:

1 minute ago, The Greatest said:

she could literally tweet that the album is cancelled and we would be like "omg yas kween ty for tricking us so well. clearly its coming tomorrow. manifesting."

Β 

hahahahaha stop itΒ 

Β 

(but where's the lie though)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

she could literally tweet that the album is cancelled and we would be like "omg yas kween ty for tricking us so well. clearly its coming tomorrow. manifesting."

Β 

maybe hope is indeed a dangerous thing and we shouldn't have it after allΒ :toofloppy:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2:Β 

Just now, new gods said:

i think the critical acclaim that nfr got was all the promotion she needed, a lot of people are anticipating this album and can't wait to see if she'll top nfrΒ 

Β 

which is so interesting bc she said on a post late last year she feels bad bc with all the positive criticisms NFR got, she doesn't know what "norman's little sister [cocc]" will be like to the critics

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, crazyforme said:

omg same here! :oprah2: but I looked it up and this came up:Β Arkansas was named for the French plural of a Native American tribe. Since the letter "s" at the end of French words is usually silent, we pronounce itΒ "Arkansaw."Β Kansas is named for the Kansas River, which is named for the Kansa tribe. It's the English spelling though, so naturally, we pronounce the final "s."Β 

Β 

thank you for explaining! I knew it wasn't just a random thing, makes sense now

Β 

who said you can't learn something new on analboardsΒ :oprah3:Β I feel more intelligent already :fabcat:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ