Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, I think so too! And to be honest, I think this record will really sound like her stuff from 2007. The chorus in Tulsa Jesus Freak with the pulsing but minimal instrumentation really reminds me of Trash Magic! And with her current look, recent road-tripping activities, and music video sets, I really think this will be a mixture between what we’ve come to love about Lana since Born to Die and her “motel-noir” sound from before that! 

Motel-noir is the name I've been trying to find to describe the sound of what I want COCC to be like, and I agree. She really seems to be in touch with her travels lately so hopefully this has influenced some sounds/lyrics on COCC. TJF lyrics could have been from AKA :sluttybunny:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

NO FUCKING WAY WE'RE FINALLY GETTING FED I'M SCREAMING 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

1 minute ago, Cacciatore said:

I have a feeling this album will be very guittar heavy with some hip hop/trap influences. Basically the sound she was originally going for Honeymoon :mariah:

a long time ago someone said that she was redoing her album cycle starting with LFL

(like LFL more poppy and palatable like BTD;

and NFR with more guitars, different producer, different songwriting style like UV)

so now we should be back to HM 2.0:

lowkey release, not trying to appease anyone, and hopefully the sound @Cacciatore described, as it also matches with what she said about some early NFR outtakes