Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, lanabanana11 said:

ok i know its a hot topic on here but im like so glad she has For Free on the tracklist. I feel like what really sets Lana apart from all the other popgirls and alt girls in the game rn is like they are all having their moments and stuff and some of the greats in the music industry might say something nice about them in an interview, but Lana actually knows the greats  music (joni, bruce, bob etc) very well and takes direct inspiration from them fused with her own pure talent. Like i really don't think Billie Eyelash ever listens to Nina Simone, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan or anyone like that, but Lana does and it shows. And shes praised by those same greats like Springsteen. And she has an impressive collab list, Sean Ono Lenon(yuck but impressive name), Stevie Nicks, as well as a covers list, Nina, Joni, etc. Lana is just so far ahead of her peers

Agreed! And the way she can still separate herself from the artists she adores is truly amazing. I love that she always adds a cover into her albums it shows a whole new dynamic and you get a taste of her taste!

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

ok i know its a hot topic on here but im like so glad she has For Free on the tracklist. I feel like what really sets Lana apart from all the other popgirls and alt girls in the game rn is like they are all having their moments and stuff and some of the greats in the music industry might say something nice about them in an interview, but Lana actually knows the greats  music (joni, bruce, bob etc) very well and takes direct inspiration from them fused with her own pure talent. Like i really don't think Billie Eyelash ever listens to Nina Simone, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan or anyone like that, but Lana does and it shows. And shes praised by those same greats like Springsteen. And she has an impressive collab list, Sean Ono Lenon(yuck but impressive name), Stevie Nicks, as well as a covers list, Nina, Joni, etc. Lana is just so far ahead of her peers

sorry but... what was even the point of bringing Billie Eilish here? She listens to classics like The Beatles (her favourite musicians), and she loves jazz too, so you’re not even making a point... Please, let’s just stop comparing female artists that have their own universe once and for all

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think its just bc a lot of people here love Lana and probably disliked seeing her let down on camera after campaigning for the Grammys and sorta just being ambushed. They were making a big fuss and praising her but ultimately just used her something something about being an artist that shaped a new wave of music but then praising Eillish for her emergence and current pop relevancy when for the most part both had moody music, but they ultimately went for Eillish bc she was current even if Lana was considered to be a lot more original and let's face it less in ur face gimmicky trended how Eillish might be easily more perceived. 

Both do mold culture greatly it's just that Lana's usually just forgotten even when an entire sleu of artists began trying to replicate her sound. The way artists had a wave of trying real hard to sound like Rihanna, and currently like Ariana w their vocals and song content. I do think she's an underdog in that sense and she's usually more picked on, and praised only when it benefits publications etc. It's just shallow and fake so it probably extends that mindset to fans but thing is and we know this is that pop culture n music shouldnt be rules of thumb for measuring quality. Thats always been a clash. 

Lana's just extremely underappreciated while culture benefits from the stuff that she does without getting the proper credit she DESERVES. Which can be frustrating. So maybe that's where it stems. Wanting her to be treated better and if not, just fairly. 

Personally, I think perspective'll show how her work is ahead of her peers when it comes to her wordage, consistency and trademark original sound etc. But it'd also be great if she was appreciated in the now too. It can be difficult already knowing things ahead of others, and then being paid dust and having someone else take credit because of favoritism. It lacks integrity as society. 

UV/Honeymoon

I won't compare Billie to Lana since Billie is much younger and has years and years of developing in front of her. But the way Lana uses her references separates her from everyone else. NFR is a prime example since it's built on them. Lana's world as a whole is built from a reference on top of a reference. It does show her "level of knowledge" of those artists or even places. What I dislike is when people say "Well isn't she a songwriter? Why can't she express herself better on social media and interviews?". They are not connected in any way and many don't seem to understand that. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

6 hours ago, honeybadger said:

maybe i should listen to AKA–NFR straight through in the hours leading up to COTCC release but that seems.... insane :eek2: it'd take roughly 6 hrs 45 minutes i think so i'd have to start at 5 ish... or maybe i'll just listen to all the lizzy grant songs so i fully feel her reflection on that time 

Starting March 12 I'm gonna listen an album a day leading up to Chemtrails release! :smile4:

6 hours is too much for me to process all that beautiful music, and still listen to new music!

35 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I think its just bc a lot of people here love Lana and probably disliked seeing her let down on camera after campaigning for the Grammys and sorta just being ambushed. They were making a big fuss and praising her but ultimately just used her something something about being an artist that shaped a new wave of music but then praising Eillish for her emergence and current pop relevancy when for the most part both had moody music, but they ultimately went for Eillish bc she was current even if Lana was considered to be a lot more original and let's face it less in ur face gimmicky trended how Eillish might be easily more perceived. 

Both do mold culture greatly it's just that Lana's usually just forgotten even when an entire sleu of artists began trying to replicate her sound. The way artists had a wave of trying real hard to sound like Rihanna, and currently like Ariana w their vocals and song content. I do think she's an underdog in that sense and she's usually more picked on, and praised only when it benefits publications etc. It's just shallow and fake so it probably extends that mindset to fans but thing is and we know this is that pop culture n music shouldnt be rules of thumb for measuring quality. Thats always been a clash. 

Lana's just extremely underappreciated while culture benefits from the stuff that she does without getting the proper credit she DESERVES. Which can be frustrating. So maybe that's where it stems. Wanting her to be treated better and if not, just fairly. 

Personally, I think perspective'll show how her work is ahead of her peers when it comes to her wordage, consistency and trademark original sound etc. But it'd also be great if she was appreciated in the now too. It can be difficult already knowing things ahead of others, and then being paid dust and having someone else seemingly take credit because of favoritism. It lacks integrity as society. 

You spilled ALL the right stuff! Like fucking PERIODT!!!!!! 

Image result for periodt gif

8 hours ago, honeybadger said:

maybe i should listen to AKA–NFR straight through in the hours leading up to COTCC release but that seems.... insane :eek2: it'd take roughly 6 hrs 45 minutes i think so i'd have to start at 5 ish... or maybe i'll just listen to all the lizzy grant songs so i fully feel her reflection on that time 

1 hour ago, Lentilus said:

Starting March 12 I'm gonna listen an album a day leading up to Chemtrails release! :smile4:

6 hours is too much for me to process all that beautiful music, and still listen to new music!

omg this is such a great idea, you are both genius minds, i'll do it too!

just thinking about the process of re-listening to all her albums from beginning to end and then finally hearing cocc for the first time :oprah2::oprah2: i literally got wet thinking about it

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

Just now, Hannus said:

omg this is such a great idea, you are both genius minds, i'll do it too!

just thinking about the process of re-listening to all her albums from beginning to end and then finally hearing cocc for the first time :oprah2::oprah2: i literally got wet thinking about it

:trisha:It's gonna be an out of body experience to listen to the growth and listen to another album the next day, knowing the  days are coming closer and closer! :dance:

i know ya'll aren't technically comparing eilish and lana but i find it so insulting to lana when they're described as both having moody music,

it's like comparing madonna to melanie martinez or justin bieber

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, Lentilus said:

Wait..that is such a brilliant idea:oprah2:

I'm going to do that 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

5 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Wait..that is such a brilliant idea:oprah2:

I'm going to do that 

YESSSS :smile4: omg, I did that with the NFR release too! and trust, it was so fun! :gurl: