Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

I remember saying something similar when the Interview video released! And after watching that video a lot, listening to both singles and having tons of meltdowns I'm expecting a Honeymoon meets AKA type of album, that's the vibe I'm getting :trisha:

The tea is burning white hot today GCX4uRB.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

14 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

sometimes i think that the fact that tnbar and yosemite are the two only older songs she's ever put on album (yayo aside) is testament to her actually taking our wishes into consideration... those two songs probably feel special to her but she also knows how bad we wanted yosemite, given the number of times fans asked her about it, etc. i sometimes wonder if she's had regrets scrapping several songs from lfl

anyways girlies get ready for the political outtakes on LDR8 :hype:

Maybe.

she sure had to do something since she talked a bit about TNBAR and a lot of Yosemite. But she does reuses old songs from previous sessions on many of her albums: on UV, Old Money was the oldest song recorded; on LFL, it was BPBP. I don’t remember if there was one on HM?!?

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe.

she sure had to do something since she talked a bit about TNBAR and a lot of Yosemite. But she does reuses old songs from previous sessions on many of her albums: on UV, Old Money was the oldest song recorded; on LFL, it was BPBP. I don’t remember if there was one on HM?!?

true, I forgot about BPBP! it was heavily reworked for LFL though, contrary to yosemite (or even tnbar). for old money i wouldn't put it in the same category though, it's miles away from Methamphetamines in terms of lyrics, production, atmosphere...

23 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

girlies get ready for the political outtakes on LDR8 :hype:

She can keep them for LDR 9 cause Dealer will be on LDR 8 a.k.a her grunge rock & screamo masterpiece 

tenor.gif

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

first of all... her songs dedicated to people: living legend, TLY, dance till we die

i also NEED to note that she's writing about her life when she was "only nineteen". this places the song in about 2005-2006, which is around when she lived on long island with her aunt and uncle, worked as a waitress (obviously), her uncle taught her to play guitar with those "six chords, and she wrote sirens.

sirens is such a beautiful, simple collection of work to me, and the voice and sound is so fragile, delicate, and peaceful. i imagine some of the songs on chemtrails to sound similar - and, considering that this album is folkier, has country-rooted, etc elements, is stripped down, i feel like it'll have tinges of sirens. also because she's writing ABOUT that time in her time when she learned to play guitar and started making music.

also note that some random critic said about sirens: "though her vocals are often weak and shaky, her tone sounds delicate and sweet on all these simple tracks". Many critics compared the album to something they would hear in a small-town coffee shop"... does that not sound like the weak and shaky trembling of white dress chorus as described by miss del rey herself?

she's pulling us back before everything, before AKA, before kill kill, before that sound. and that's not to say it won't have tinges of AKA. but the descriptions as stripped back, into the wild, country, folk, immediately bring sirens to mind :hair:

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, Future Jazz said:

true, I forgot about BPBP! it was heavily reworked for LFL though, contrary to yosemite (or even tnbar). for old money i wouldn't put it in the same category though, it's miles away from Methamphetamines in terms of lyrics, production, atmosphere...

About the political outtakes of LFL, I wonder if some of those got reworked into Looking for America... we know it was recorded for the shooting that had happened at the time, but maybe some of the lyrics were from other songs... ?

its true that Old Money is miles from Methamphetamines... but I think I read somewhere it was re-recorded after BTD, maybe for Paradise? I’m not sure though. 
anyways, you’re right about TNBAR and Yosemite not being retouched at all or slightly for their respective albums. Question is: when will she include Dealer on some project? 

4 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

first of all... her songs dedicated to people: living legend, TLY, dance till we die

i also NEED to note that she's writing about her life when she was "only nineteen". this places the song in about 2005-2006, which is around when she lived on long island with her aunt and uncle, worked as a waitress (obviously), her uncle taught her to play guitar with those "six chords, and she wrote sirens.

sirens is such a beautiful, simple collection of work to me, and the voice and sound is so fragile, delicate, and peaceful. i imagine some of the songs on chemtrails to sound similar - and, considering that this album is folkier, has country-rooted, etc elements, is stripped down, i feel like it'll have tinges of sirens. also because she's writing ABOUT that time in her time when she learned to play guitar and started making music.

she's pulling us back before everything, before AKA, before kill kill, before that sound. and that's not to say it won't have tinges of AKA. but the descriptions as stripped back, into the wild, country, folk, immediately bring sirens to mind :hair:

Chemtrails sure seems like the project where she acknowledges her pre-fame / AKA era. Chuck posting Pawn Shop Blues mirrors White Dress... Imagine releasing a vinyl of both songs together :creepna3:

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Chemtrails sure seems like the project where she acknowledges her pre-fame / AKA era. Chuck posting Pawn Shop Blues mirrors White Dress... Imagine releasing a vinyl of both songs together :creepna3:

ugh stop a vinyl of any song on AKA would literally be a dream. imagine an oh say can you see / pawn shop blues 7".... or like you said a pawn shop blues / white dress :wowcry:... anything on chemtrails x pawn shop blues/oh say can you see........ ekjsldgjfadks;gfdkdsz'kdfmgxbl;fdxz

sUcVobB.png

17 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

also note that some random critic said about sirens: "though her vocals are often weak and shaky, her tone sounds delicate and sweet on all these simple tracks". Many critics compared the album to something they would hear in a small-town coffee shop"... does that not sound like the weak and shaky trembling of white dress chorus as described by miss del rey herself?

I agree I believe it will be like a graduated version of Sirens (I’m a relatively newer Lana die-hard compared to many of you, so I only listened to it the full way through earlier this week, although I had heard some of the songs before on their own. OBSESSED)

Just now, Future Jazz said:

the thing i'm scared of is that the lyrics of white dress were described (by Eclipse i think? but i might be wrong) as not that good :ohno:

i didn't think eclipse said they were bad, just similar to venice bitch-

Spoiler

JxxnEJY.png

so i have hope that they're good, just perhaps simple/a little strange/bittersweet

sUcVobB.png

7 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

the thing i'm scared of is that the lyrics of white dress were described (by Eclipse i think? but i might be wrong) as not that good :ohno:

He said they are a Venice Bitch type of thing

So I guess the lyrics are not written in a complex way but that doesn't mean they are bad so no need to worry

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Pico Boulevard said:

He said they are a Venice Bitch type of thing

So I guess the lyrics are not written in a complex way

Venice bitch, is still THAT, bitch for me. So I'm here for it! :understand:

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

i didn't think eclipse said they were bad, just similar to venice bitch-

Hide contents

JxxnEJY.png

so i have hope that they're good, just perhaps simple/a little strange/bittersweet

yeah but the fact that she's talking about her Lizzy days shows there would have been an opportunity for a lyrical masterpiece, and in my opinion, Venice Bitch is far, far from that. so i hoped it'd be better than what it seems to be for white dress. we can't judge without knowing the lyrics, but i got disappointed when i learned they were akin to those of venice bitch. doesn't mean they're gonna be bad though :)

1 hour ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Imagine she starts to post a photo/selfie related to a track for 11 days, leading up to the album release 

An unseen photo of the Neil Krug Alternative Cover Shoot or BTS photo of WD music video

White Dress 

The next day a photo of Chemtrails 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

A selfie of Lana in Yosemite for Yosemite and so on

I would love that:wub:

On the eleven days of Chemtrails Miss Lana gave to us

11. Selfie with Joni 

10. Her fave pic of her dancers

9. Image of ex scratched out 

8. Yosemittity video

7. BTS shot of Ride/motorcycle MV

Spoiler

637-AF9-A5-62-AA-4289-AC34-03805959623-B

5. New drug merch 
4. Limited edition pink champagne 

3. Photoshoot at Oklahoma church

2. Chemtrails spelling out “COCC” in LA sky

1. Unseen Lizzy days pic of her waitressing 

:hype: :hype: :hype: :hype:

18 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

yeah but the fact that she's talking about her Lizzy days shows there would have been an opportunity for a lyrical masterpiece, and in my opinion, Venice Bitch is far, far from that. so i hoped it'd be better than what it seems to be for white dress. we can't judge without knowing the lyrics, but i got disappointed when i learned they were akin to those of venice bitch. doesn't mean they're gonna be bad though :)

i don't disagree, venice bitch might be that bitch but, sure, some might think that the lyrics could maybe use a little something.... i personally don't mind them, i love the song. anyways i'm hoping the atmosphere of white dress, the bittersweet, nostalgic, loving aspect to it, and the instrumentals and melody, support the simplicity and possible rawness of the lyrics 

sUcVobB.png

Who expected a lyrical masterpiece when even she described the song as having "weird lyrics"

Y'all set yourselves up for disappointment sometimes

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I think Tulsa Jesus Freak is one of the songs that doesn't mention the title directly or maybe only in a verse or in the bridge ( same with Yosemite )

At least I hope it's not in the chorus. Having both " Tulsa Jesus Freak" &" White Hot Forever" in the chorus seems a little dangerous to me ( okay it depends on the lyrics to be fair)  after some recent dramas...I don't want to go through another " Cancel Karen Del Reycist " drama again ...:crai: :bebe:

Anyways it's going to be a sensual masterpiece and the world is not ready :sluttybunny:

OiUHEXQ.jpg