Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

19 minutes ago, Araby said:

I really do apologize if you ever felt like I was disrespecting your opinion! I just saw you make some claims about VB and its lyrics, but you didn't post anything to back it up besides the ice cream lyric (which I actually think is clever, and I explained why I think so). Everyone's taste is totally different and that's okay! I guess I'd just be careful criticizing such a beloved song without really explaining why or articulating what you dislike

I agree that the elements that the lyrics contain add up to a pleasant, sweet, nostalgic atmosphere. and for that reason, I don't think they're bad lyrics, i think they're average Lana lyrics. however, the reasons why i feel they're not as good as those for many other songs are that first, they don't have lines that I'd call beautiful in the sense that 'but i love that man, like nobody can, he moves mountains and pounds them to ground again' is. individually considered, all of its lines are very simple, and that's something that makes the lyrics weaker, to me, than those of HTD, where the global atmosphere is there too, but the lyrics individually considered are excellent. i also think a lot of those elements are reused from other songs ('nothing gold can stay', 'ice cream', being American, being stronger, being insane and beautiful, getting high, diamonds, Norman Rockwell...) to the point where it feels a bit forced to me. and finally, I know that's a controversial take, but for social and political reasons, I'm not a fan of calling oneself a bitch, or depicting oneself in an object-type position for men (which 'i'm sweet for you', 'it's me your little venice bitch', 'you write' and only THEN 'i tour' imply, in my opinion).

but then again, I know they're far from being her worst lyrics

13 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Fuck this album is going to blow everyone out of the water we truly know nothing about the soundscape :angie: we might know the instruments and some of the descriptions but we don’t know anything about how it will be interpreted personally into our lives or even the impact it may have on us... lets start claiming tracks! 

For me I would have to say Tulsa Jesus Freak or Wild at Heart

I claim Dark But Just a Game and Wild at Heart :candy:

21 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Fuck this album is going to blow everyone out of the water we truly know nothing about the soundscape :angie: we might know the instruments and some of the descriptions but we don’t know anything about how it will be interpreted personally into our lives or even the impact it may have on us... lets start claiming tracks! 

Tulsa Jesus Freak and Not All Who Wander Are Lost :oprah:

19 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

I’ve been claiming BUS since day one and holding on strong to that one 

TJF because it was once the title track and Lana and Jack both described it as cool

And honestly DBJAG, NAWWAL, and WAH are all going to be career highlights. 

you also can’t forget Yosemite, DTWD, and For Free. I claim those too

i also claim COTCC becuase it’s one of her best title tracks, and LMLYLAW is super cute so I claim her too. 

And lastly I claim WD because it’s going to start the album off super strong 

:creepna2:

"Don’t forget me"

25 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

I claim For Free because it's going to be her best studio cover and no one else seems to be too excited for it :oprah3:

28 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Idk why but ever since I heard this part of BUS we have i felt like it would be such a fave for me :wub: i also gravitate todawrds TJF and Yosemite the most :glasses:

47 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I just thought that the way Eclipse loved it and Lana seems to deem it special implied there would be more to the lyrics than 'ice cream, ice queen, i dream in jeans and leather' :oprah3: 

Did you just try to come for my username? :sideeye: 
Cause let me tell you that line is sweet, vulnerable, and iconic. Just like the rest of VB is sweet, vulnerable, iconic, with a dash of nostalgia.

If WD even comes close to VB lyrically, and sonically, we have nothing to worry. 

nF70D0F.png

3 minutes ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Did you just try to come for my username? :sideeye: 
Cause let me tell you that line is sweet, vulnerable, and iconic. Just like the rest of VB is sweet, vulnerable, iconic, with a dash of nostalgia.

If WD even comes close to VB lyrically, and sonically, we have nothing to worry. 

Period!!! :gurl:

COCC is coming soon and it'll heal us all... the great lipster rift will be sewn together and we'll join in our love for COCC giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a212981d4c2b9d042284d7dcf0d9b137e7eba01a&rid=giphy.gif

i really wonder if ivory frock will come out this week... i most definitely wouldn't say yes but i also wouldn't say no..... march 5th would be really nice :oopna:

sUcVobB.png

The mother and the son for me

2. “Mariners Apartment Complex” Chemtrails Over The Country Club
3. “Venice Bitch” Dance Till We Die
5. “Doin’ Time” For Free
6. “Love Song” Breaking Up Slowly
7. “Cinnamon Girl” Tulsa Jesus Freak
9. “California”   Yosemite
11. “The Greatest” Dark But Just a Game
12. “Bartender” Let Me Love You Like a Woman
13. “Happiness Is a Butterfly” Wild At Heart
14. “Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for Woman Like Me to Have — but I Have It” White Dress

Lust For Dead   large.gif

8 minutes ago, Jimmytheworst said:

Also let's not talk shit about the masterpiece that VB is plz ... 

I doubt we will ever get anything as beautiful as this song from our queen ever again

tenor.gif

just because it's generally considered a good song doesn't mean it's above criticism :smile2:

1 minute ago, Clampigirl said:

Let's try to keep the VB and Norman discussions in the NFR! post-release thread from now on? :bop:

this, please! It’s okay to discuss NFR in comparison to COCC, but please don’t post exclusively about NFR in the COCC thread. 

10 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

2. “Mariners Apartment Complex” Chemtrails Over The Country Club
3. “Venice Bitch” Dance Till We Die
5. “Doin’ Time” For Free
6. “Love Song” Breaking Up Slowly
7. “Cinnamon Girl” Tulsa Jesus Freak
9. “California”   Yosemite
11. “The Greatest” Dark But Just a Game
12. “Bartender” Let Me Love You Like a Woman
13. “Happiness Is a Butterfly” Wild At Heart
14. “Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for Woman Like Me to Have — but I Have It” White Dress

:oopna2:

lights, camera, acción

16 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Chile pls this makes me think of no-go p0rn and I get flashbacks to last night’s “la culiada salvaje 1” cartoon :rip:

Anyway, how many promo efforts can we realistically expect before the album drops? I’m thinking 1 or 2 magazines with an interview and a music video premiere for WD. Maybe another Spotify banner or sumn but not much else? :lanahairflip3:

3 minutes ago, youngnwildx said:

:oopna2:

U know what a mean :teehee:

Just now, conceptart47 said:

Chile pls this makes me think of no-go p0rn and I get flashbacks to last night’s “la culiada salvaje 1” cartoon :rip:

Anyway, how many promo efforts can we realistically expect before the album drops? I’m thinking 1 or 2 magazines with an interview and a music video premiere for WD. Maybe another Spotify banner or sumn but not much else? :lanahairflip3:

Alot of New Music Friday and 1 week of buzz thats all folks 

Lust For Dead   large.gif