Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I wonder why Lana still hasn't deleted the RCS post saying it will be released June 1st. It would be a surprise if it were actually released, but Lana's instagram is so messy that it's the last source for reliable information, it's only a week away and we'll find out.

she had the time to delete her blank announcement thursday. :toofunny: i really wonder what goes through her mind 

7 minutes ago, The First Who Ever Did said:

I predict that Lana will be nominated for a Grammy for her vocal performance on Blue Banisters. If she doesn't, they're friggin tone-deaf.

I watched a video where Miley herself said that you can buy a Grammy (not like we didn't know that) 

I'd love Lana to have more recognition, but it's hard for the to see that happening cus it didn't happen with Norman, it still hurts ??

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Fantano put all three songs under best tracks of the week. He said he liked Text Book the best and called Wildflower the weakest link. But overall he enjoyed them all. 

taste

11 minutes ago, The First Who Ever Did said:

I predict that Lana will be nominated for a Grammy for her vocal performance on Blue Banisters. If she isn't, they're friggin tone-deaf.

I wonder what's going to happen if she gets nominated and loses again... I mean, all of the drama started after she lost last year :smokes: she might go on a rampage :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Fantano put all three songs under best tracks of the week. He said he liked Text Book the best and called Wildflower the weakest link. But overall he enjoyed them all. 

i thought you were joking but he rlly did . i feel like she finally scratches that itch for him now

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

10 minutes ago, The First Who Ever Did said:

I predict that Lana will be nominated for a Grammy for her vocal performance on Blue Banisters. If she doesn't, they're friggin tone-deaf.

they're a glorified popularity contest, i doubt she'll ever receive a grammy, unfortunately, but she doesn't need a grammy :agree: 

WGe8ynS.gif

3 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I don't understand why everyone says that about WW, it has the "heavier" production but people seem to like text book better 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Melon Head with the taste.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

the way everyone is denying ww power. couldn’t be me :hair:

4 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I wonder what's going to happen if she gets nominated and loses again... I mean, all of the drama started after she lost last year :smokes: she might go on a rampage :toofunny:

I saw some tweets saying the same thing, like "Lana lost her mind after not winning the grammy". I dont really think there is a connection between the QFTC and her not winning the grammy.

1 minute ago, COCC said:

I saw some tweets saying the same thing, like "Lana lost her mind after not winning the grammy". I dont really think there is a connection between the QFTC and her not winning the grammy.

While I think the Grammy situation was the last straw, there must have been something else going on behind the scenes. Lana was after all, praised a lot for Norman, so I was confused as to why she decided to reply to the critics after all that time. What really happened to her or through her mind for her to finally snap and say enough is enough? I'm so curious, hopefully we'll get some answers on the album :smokes:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I think Chemtrails will get an AOTY nom. There haven’t been many big releases this year. 

there's a long way to go until the end of the year, anything can happen??

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

While I think the Grammy situation was the last straw, there must have been something else going on behind the scenes. Lana was after all, praised a lot for Norman, so I was confused as to why she decided to reply to the critics after all that time. What really happened to her or through her mind for her to finally snap and say enough is enough? I'm so curious, hopefully we'll get some answers on the album :smokes:

these were my exact thoughts when qftc was posted. it’s also why i thought behind the iron gates - insights from an institution would be about the music industry. I wouldn’t be surprised if she knows really really dark stuff that could literally ruin careers

5 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I think Chemtrails will get an AOTY nom. There haven’t been many big releases this year. 

theres still so much more to come. billie eyelash, possible adele, nicki minaj, honestly prolly another taylor swift, modest mouse, maroon 5, rise against, tony bennett x gaga 2, drake, and then  greta van fleet, st vincent and j cole all dropped albums already. 

does lana deserve a grammy? yes. will she ever get one? it's unlikely. BB could be the best album ever and still get snubbed by someone like Beck or Modest Mouse or someone fucking random. that goes without saying Chemtrails

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

19 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Maybe that was the last straw, you could be right. On the other hand I think she knew she didn't have a chance against Billie, her record was just massive and Billie was / still is one of the most adored singers.

Gosh I wish Lana would finally explain her motivation behind BB and how it is connected to her QFTC, critics and so on. Let's manifest a dramatic and revealing interview with Oprah where she outdoes Harry and Meghan.

giphy.gif