Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, Contemplating God said:

Given that she's 35 years old and singing about wanting children and to settle down with a family and friends by her side, it's safe to assume we won't be getting "BoRn to DiE BeAtS" 

not like the first concept for nfr was a 60s groupie hip hop :sideeye:

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

So this is the only review I was able to find:

https://www.nylon.com/entertainment/lana-del-reys-text-book-might-address-her-cop-ex-boyfriend

And it doesnt really add anything to the discussion. Then we have F*antano. Did I miss anything?

LA Times mentioned the singles too, but as you can guess, they only really talk about the BLM line in textbook and brought up QftC. Not linking them, cause fuck em

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 hour ago, Mike Dean is a god said:

Its called being a critic sweaty. If u dont want actual music criticism go watch those reactors on youtube who fake an orgasm to every note

never said that, just wanted to point out that it feels like even when he thinks the song is good he still needs to say something bad about her work, like criticising WW's lyrics. 
i have nothing against him though, unlike 90% of this forum

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

not like the first concept of nfr was a 60s groupie hip hop :sideeye:

Do you like Text Book now?

E2Gl_RCWYAMaS-q?format=jpg&name=360x360

24 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Given that she's 35 years old and singing about wanting children and to settle down with a family and friends by her side, it's safe to assume we won't be getting "BoRn to DiE BeAtS" 

In terms of songwriting, it's pretty much settled Lana wouldn't go back to the BTD style (not because she's "old" at 35, but because she's in a different state of mind) but production-wise? She's diverse. A lot of LFL songs had that hip hop/trap beats, same as some tracks on NFR and even Tulsa on Chemtrails.

I don't see how it's so farfetched to think her working with a producer who's known for that kind of music would result in something similar? 

tenor.gif

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

18 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

bomb ass synths electric guitars violence psychedelic bitch fuck you critics

I felt that :air::air:

But seriously I  expect something like the end of WW , with some synths just to give flavor to the songs . I am really curious what Mike plans to do and whether the use of synths will be prominent in some songs or not . 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

22 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

the only thing I'm gonna expect from this album is no country at all

otherwise I think I might get disappointed because as much as I'm obsessed with the new songs and can't stop thinking about them, I wish the rest of the album would be bomb ass synths electric guitars violence psychedelic bitch fuck you critics. but I guess it's gonna be more lowkey like chemtrails and I'm okay with that if it's the case I'm just not raising expectations for something that most likely is not happening this time around anymore (prove me wrong lana)

I mean, she could totally pull it off...

I think we might get tracks like Fuck It and Tulsa/Cinnamon. Stripped down tracks with trappy beats and some synths here and there, something very lo-fi and chill. At least 1 track, it's something to expect :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I would love if Wildflower Wildfire was the opener. It would be so fitting if the opening lines of the whole album were, “Here’s the deal...’cause I know you wanna talk about it.” It’s like her addressing fans and critics simultaneously. Plus, it’s sonically powerful and sets the tone for the fact that this record is Lana telling her own story. 

And I know the title tracks are always track 1 or 2 (and following our pattern, it should be track 1) but I actually think it would be impactful if she made it the closer. It ends on a hopeful note and is all about how her sisters have helped her heal from all the trauma she’ll likely explore throughout the rest of the album.

lEaKeD lYrIcS

heres a question for the culture

why yall vultures?

let me be

with my mask free prom kween

bookstore signin

not sorry didn’t immediately wanna vote

for joe biden

bernie or bust these rhymes

like cardi b

nicki

camilia

or spray tan barbie

im the baddest bitch queen elizabeth

loved the ways she loved her cousin philip

so here’s mike dean and Madonna take it away!!

cue madonna rap verse

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

14 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I mean, she could totally pull it off...

I think we might get tracks like Fuck It and Tulsa/Cinnamon. Stripped down tracks with trappy beats and some synths here and there, something very lo-fi and chill. At least 1 track, it's something to expect :toofunny:

yes definitely she always gives us at least one sad hoe anthem :ma:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

9 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I just want to know when the new merch is coming, blue paint and wildflower seeds, blank text books ($30). 

The way that I would still buy this in a heartbeat :icant:

I really hope she released the songs in tracklist order 

(1- BB

2-TB

3-WW) 

because I have them in a playlist and the way I’ve been listening to them, they’re basically a 15 minute song and it’s going to throw me off super bad when we get the album and Textbook is track 2, WW is track 6 and BB is track 10

"Don’t forget me"