Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, ultralife said:

I know I did not just read Wildflower hate ............... personally my favourite of the 3 singles by a long shot

Me when the WW stans took so long to appear

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b9bad19skdicd0ig4bi

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

but isn't that ur job :makeup: im shocked leakers don't give u acapellas and instrumentals like who needs mike dean when plastiscguy's tour rework is gonna be better anyway :diva:

Akdkakfks, I tried, trust me! But I just couldn't come up with something. WW and BB are just so personal, I feel adding more production kind of takes away that feeling of vulnerability they have.

TB on the other hand, I just dislike it entirely and don't even want to think about it :toofunny:

But I might finish that Thunder piano mix :hooker:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

to chime in on WW: it's excellent, i just don't care for the tone of the piano in the recording– even if it's a real piano, it sounds like a shitty keyboard pre-set to "piano," when it could sound much richer. the song itself is killer and tbh i love the static-y beat drop at the end.

aOaIzH2.gif

i like the "crunchy" production at the end of wfwf, it fits the raw & personal vibe of the track, also the synths right before the percussion when lana's singing "so i, turn, but i learn" is a career highlight :trisha: mike dean is a self-proclaimed "synth g.o.a.t" and he might be correct :et: 

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i like the "crunchy" production at the end of wfwf, it fits the raw & personal vibe of the track, also the synths right before the percussion when lana's singing "so i, turn, but i learn" is a career highlight :trisha: mike dean is a self-proclaimed "synth g.o.a.t" and he might be correct :et: 

63-AA93-D3-6-F7-E-483-C-AD39-B9052-B82-D

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i wouldnt mind the crunchy production if it just HIT a little harder :burn: but it doesnt.... :crossed: i want a rework

my only issue with WW Is the crunchy beat literally causes the song to peak when listened to on regular people AirPods :toofunny: like I get Mike Dean has some great speakers but it literally hurts to listen to with headphones on sometimes :bebe: then on twitter people tried to tell him and he was like "nO tHE cRunChY bEaT waS oN pURpOsE" like that's not what they're talking about :awkney:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

6 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

my only issue with WW Is the crunchy beat literally causes the song to peak when listened to on regular people AirPods :toofunny: like I get Mike Dean has some great speakers but it literally hurts to listen to with headphones on sometimes :bebe: then on twitter people tried to tell him and he was like "nO tHE cRunChY bEaT waS oN pURpOsE" like that's not what they're talking about :awkney:

it burns. but we live on sheer willpower now :hair: 

mUENGN9.png

Ngl, when I first heard those rice crispy drums on wfwf, I got sooooo scared because I thought my speakers got messed up. I got used to it now and I love the song.

Omg, I just thought of something. Y’all know that rock candy? When you put it in your mouth it starts to pop? Maybe that was the inspiration for wfwf and also the original name of the album.

Idk y’all the crunchy beats sound so good to me.. I think it’s definitely on purpose and I don’t even think it’s a quality issue with listening equipment. A lot of NFR/COCC sound watered down/weak unless you have it on full blast on HQ headphones but WFWF sounds good no matter what imo

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat