Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Maybe these unreleased tracks will be reworked the way Dan reworked the initial version of UV. Zach can maybe add some rock influence or some string, Mike Dean can add more piano perhaps? There is a lot of ways she can re-release, but then again she released The Next Best American Record in a pretty similar format that the leaked version was in. If so, why is she releasing all these songs all of a sudden? Any theories on that? Also, remind me what 5 songs have supposedly made the cut besides Thunder...

possibly because she feels comfortable releasing some of her older work, as a way of telling her story, or maybe she simply didn't feel like it was the right time for some of the songs, i'm pretty sure the songs she was going to originally release were fine china, i talk to jesus, wild one, living legend, & i can fly, according to boz, fine china & i can fly were scrapped, of course, things can change and we won't know for certain until she posts the tracklist! :) 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Imagine if Lana puts a completely random unreleased song on BB like Dance For Money or I Don't Wanna Go. Just something completely unexpected.

Go on Lizzy, shake the table :duck:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Imagine if Lana puts a completely random unreleased song on BB like Dance For Money or I Don't Wanna Go. Just something completely unexpected.

i don't wanna go is actually plausible since it's from the lana del rey era and it does fit her more "mature" & introspective vibes & sound, although it's a lot more subtle & soft compared to living legend & wild one, so i don't know if she'd pick i don't wanna go, although it'd be wonderful, it's one of my favorites :krylie:

still manifesting jazz & hawaiian heavy metal rework of trash magic, though :duck:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

18 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Maybe these unreleased tracks will be reworked the way Dan reworked the initial version of UV. Zach can maybe add some rock influence or some string, Mike Dean can add more piano perhaps

:tommy:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

12 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

dance for money's not random at all, it's her magnum opus :krylie:

2 minutes ago, Style said:

i heard the drought is over if you really choose lana :trisha:

the drought is over since we chose tracy

mUENGN9.png

7 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

kim petras’ producer is coming for boz so i guess we wont be getting anymore info :sass:

Who, Dr rapist?

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

blackoutzone going to jail was NOT what i was anticipating in today's pre-release discussion & banter :air:

Wait what!!!????

21 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Maybe these unreleased tracks will be reworked the way Dan reworked the initial version of UV. Zach can maybe add some rock influence or some string, Mike Dean can add more piano perhaps? There is a lot of ways she can re-release, but then again she released The Next Best American Record in a pretty similar format that the leaked version was in. If so, why is she releasing all these songs all of a sudden? Any theories on that? Also, remind me what 5 songs have supposedly made the cut besides Thunder...

I believe that TNBAR was on the LFL tracklist until it leaked, Lana had even filmed a high budget video for it, which was later reused for White Mustang… The song was entirely done, it was kinda scrapped at the last minute. Then she rewrote the chorus in 2017, probably around the same time she thought about releasing a collection of her favourite unreleased songs, but the production basically stayed the same. She knew she wanted to use it for something after she scrapped it from LFL, and she liked the production enough as it was to not rework it.

The unreleased songs we’re getting on BB are most likely from the 2013-2014 era (but maybe we’ll get more LFL unreleased, who knows), so there’s a higher chance of them being reworked or at least the production being changed a bit and polished. Some might have never been finished when Lana decided to scrap them, a lot of unreleased are probably just demos.

And we don’t know yet which unreleased are gonna be on the album, we just know that Thunder and Cherry Blossom are part of the tracklist. It is speculated by many fans that Dealer finally found a home, but we won’t know for sure until Lana reveals the tracklist 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 minute ago, FallingCherry said:

I believe that TNBAR was on the LFL tracklist until it leaked, Lana had even filmed a high budget video for it, which was later reused for White Mustang… The song was entirely done, it was kinda scrapped at the last minute. Then she rewrote the chorus in 2017, probably around the same time she thought about releasing a collection of her favourite unreleased songs, but the production basically stayed the same. She knew she wanted to use it for something after she scrapped it from LFL, and she liked the production enough as it was to not rework it.

The unreleased songs we’re getting on BB are most likely from the 2013-2014 era (but maybe we’ll get more LFL unreleased, who knows), so there’s a higher chance of them being reworked or at least the production being changed a bit and polished. Some might have never been finished when Lana decided to scrap them, a lot of unreleased are probably just demos.

And we don’t know yet which unreleased are gonna be on the album, we just know that Thunder and Cherry Blossom are part of the tracklist. It is speculated by many fans that Dealer finally found a home, but we won’t know for sure until Lana reveals the tracklist 

Wasn't the album literally originally titled "Best American Record" ?

2 minutes ago, mar said:

I think Eclipse said it was only a rumour and that the album was never meant to be called BAR, but someone else might have a more accurate answer

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

3 minutes ago, mar said:

Yeah. The song leaked before Love was released so she decided to remove it from the album along with Yosemite. 

14 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I think Eclipse said it was only a rumour and that the album was never meant to be called BAR, but someone else might have a more accurate answer

I've posted a thread from another forum here that clarifies but I can't find it in that other forum cos the search function is fucked ?

2 hours ago, Blonde And Gone said:

Sorry if this has been talked about already, but I found this at a local record shop! There’s no way this can be a coincidence, right? Maybe we can expect a cover of one of these songs?

R-3307625-1325403295.jpeg.jpg

so if blue banisters is the sister to paradise, blue banisters is the poor man's paradise :wowcry: