Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

Imagine if Lana puts a completely random unreleased song on BB like Dance For Money or I Don't Wanna Go. Just something completely unexpected.

Go on Lizzy, shake the table :duck:

Watch it be Hundred Dollar Bill or something of sorts...

And all of us theorising about Serene Queen / Wild One / Wild on You / LFL, HM outtakes / any other logical possibility :eartha: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I've been thinking about Lana's musical direction and future regarding BB and what's next and I've gathered some thoughts.

- On Lana's path and career:

While we may think that she's going on this Joni-like route of being a folky singer/songwriter for the rest of her career I don't think it will be the case after all. Lana's thing is being unpredictable and jumping between genres (NFR and Chemtrails weren't that similar). BB will just be the final chapter of this Lana trilogy of more intimate and acoustic sounding records (that started way back in 2017 with the back half of LFL). In a span of just 3 years she's going to give us 3 records so it's normal that they share some similarities after all.

Joni (and Joan) are big Lana inspirations but so are other legends in different genres like Amy Winehouse, Nina Simone, Lou Reed, Billie Holiday, Elvis, Nirvana... and many others. I'm sure she'll release a straight up jazz album at some point and a soft/alt rock album like what she recorded with TLSP.

She still loves her bops, even her slowest album had TJF there (and it wasn't a single imposed by her label to make it more commercial or anything).

- On the near future:

She's working with Mike Dean for LDR9 and I don't think that she called him just to play the piano (there's a reason why WFWF ended up on BB instead of being reserved for the next album). The other writers credited on WFWF often work on R&B and Hip hop music too so... I don't know how LDR9 is going to sound but I'm sure it will be a big turn from 2019-2021 Lana.

I think we'll find out sooner than we think cause she allegedly finished the record back in April and started recording new material right away and even though she changed BB's tracklist I don't think she wrote new music for it in that period, she just scrapped and added different outtakes. She had plenty of time to rework those new demos before turning in the final BB concept so it's not like she wasted a lot of time there.

- Final thoughts

All of this been said, I'm not complaining at all. I loved NFR and Chemtrails and it looks like I'm also going to love BB. If she keeps doing albums like that I'll be satisfied enough. I have to add that slower doesn't equal better (the opposite is true too) so I don't think she has to sacrifice quality just to make music livelier. 

I think BB will have a piano-heavy side (BB, WFWF, CB) and a rock-ish side (I mean we have Zach, he's a brilliant bassist and she can't waste that talent) with songs like Thunder and some of the outtakes (unless she turned them all into piano :awk:).

I'm so excited about BB and about what's next in line. The best thing about this all is that we'll have a new album in 2-3 months and (probably) news about the next one in less than a year. We really stan the best and most prolific girl out there :crying4:

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I've been thinking about Lana's musical direction and future regarding BB and what's next and I've gathered some thoughts.

- On Lana's path and career:

While we may think that she's going on this Joni-like route of being a folky singer/songwriter for the rest of her career I don't think it will be the case after all. Lana's thing is being unpredictable and jumping between genres (NFR and Chemtrails weren't that similar). BB will just be the final chapter of this Lana trilogy of more intimate and acoustic sounding records (that started way back in 2017 with the back half of LFL). In a span of just 3 years she's going to give us 3 records so it's normal that they share some similarities after all.

Joni (and Joan) are big Lana inspirations but so are other legends in different genres like Amy Winehouse, Nina Simone, Lou Reed, Billie Holiday, Elvis, Nirvana... and many others. I'm sure she'll release a straight up jazz album at some point and a soft/alt rock album like what she recorded with TLSP.

She still loves her bops, even her slowest album had TJF there (and it wasn't a single imposed by her label to make it more commercial or anything).

- On the near future:

She's working with Mike Dean for LDR9 and I don't think that she called him just to play the piano (there's a reason why WFWF ended up on BB instead of being reserved for the next album). The other writers credited on WFWF often work on R&B and Hip hop music too so... I don't know how LDR9 is going to sound but I'm sure it will be a big turn from 2019-2021 Lana.

I think we'll find out sooner than we think cause she allegedly finished the record back in April and started recording new material right away and even though she changed BB's tracklist I don't think she wrote new music for it in that period, she just scrapped and added different outtakes. She had plenty of time to rework those new demos before turning in the final BB concept so it's not like she wasted a lot of time there.

- Final thoughts

All of this been said, I'm not complaining at all. I loved NFR and Chemtrails and it looks like I'm also going to love BB. If she keeps doing albums like that I'll be satisfied enough. I have to add that slower doesn't equal better (the opposite is true too) so I don't think she has to sacrifice quality just to make music livelier. 

I think BB will have a piano-heavy side (BB, WFWF, CB) and a rock-ish side (I mean we have Zach, he's a brilliant bassist and she can't waste that talent) with songs like Thunder and some of the outtakes (unless she turned them all into piano :awk:).

I'm so excited about BB and about what's next in line. The best thing about this all is that we'll have a new album in 2-3 months and (probably) news about the next one in less than a year. We really stan the best and most prolific girl out there :crying4:

No but imagine an album with Amy’s sound I wouldn’t know how to act :ahhney: I personally think she wouldn’t even touch anything to do with Amy though in all honesty as much as she loves her Idk why though. I would love even a cover of one of her songs!

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

boz updating us on BB after kim petras' producer finds him

im%20naama.jpg

(ignore the Taylor part :toofunny:)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

10 minutes ago, Style said:

i’m actually so terrified that shes made all the tracks piano based. like. i’m terrified. i just need the tracklist rn :trisha:

still manifesting a rock n roll record :legend: 

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Imagine if Lana puts a completely random unreleased song on BB like Dance For Money or I Don't Wanna Go. Just something completely unexpected.

Go on Lizzy, shake the table :duck:

Ohhhh it's Wayamaya's moment, but as a piano ballad :duck:

15 minutes ago, Style said:

i’m actually so terrified that shes made all the tracks piano based. like. i’m terrified. i just need the tracklist rn :trisha:

We‘re still manifesting electric guitars, don‘t give up bestie :legend: