Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

it does seem, to me at least, that she was truly sorry and disappointed COCC was delayed 6 months, so i hope hope hope itll actually come out in June 

exactly, in that live she made at denny's she said she was really worried about the delay 

6 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Since we know she was working on traditional folk & country covers recently, do we think the old country folk song Big Rock Candy Mountain could’ve influenced this new album sonically/thematically at all?

I feel like her song descriptions are sooooo awful and untrue half of the time it’s so hard to trust it. 

even when she called COCC country in the interview magazine article...there’s nothing country on this album. It’s just more western inspired soft rock/folk music. Even BUS isn’t country and that was made with a country friend so 

I feel like it will just be a further adventure into the bluesier and western influences on COCC but obviously different since the mood of the record seems very opposite

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

it does seem, to me at least, that she was truly sorry and disappointed COCC was delayed 6 months, so i hope hope hope itll actually come out in June 

Ya I don’t think she enjoys having dates come and go once she’s announced it

i feel like her problem is she probably gets tentative Approval from her label about a date that is conditional on a bunch of other things and just gets excited an announces it way prematurely 

3 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

blake lee her guitarist liked the post we won

Sorry to be a party pooper, but Byron and Sheridan liked so many posts in the Chemtrails era lol 

9 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

maybe she's going to not release any single though? I could picture that. she could just randomly drop the album. it doesn't seem to be made to serve commercial purposes.

With her, anything is possible TBH. 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Sorry to be a party pooper, but Byron and Sheridan liked so many posts in the Chemtrails era lol 

With her, anything is possible TBH. 

Yeah lol. What we need is a like from Ben, Ed, or Interscope lol.  Then it’ll be more solidified.  

55 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

What I hope we'll get:

- Zach Dawes as the producer

- A more raw energy

- Interesting instrumentals with e-guitars & well-arranged drums

- Dealer

- Good visuals

- Release on June 1 2021

What I fear we'll get:

- Jack Antonoff

- a bunch of slow ballads

- lifeless instrumentals 

- another terrible, low-effort Coverart

- release on May 25 2022

Isn‘t it cool how nothing here changes at all :karaoke:

She hinted in Mojo magazine (that was done before Anne’s interview) that there was something brewing 

she said in Music mag that she had two albums planned

I said months ago I think she was purposely not saying anything about the new record because no matter how wild and unhinged she isn’t even she knows she can’t announce a new album before the current album drops 

I think the album is mostly done. If she does go the vinyl route (as opposed to just CD/Digital (which I don’t see happening)) she had to have submitted the album at the absolute latest by the beginning of this month (March 9th for an exact 12 week process). So either the songs are mastered and the album is already being pressed, or she’s lying.

LDR village DOES say ‘more to come’ so maybe they did plan this out and made the village so they could sell both COTCC and RCS simultaneously instead of having to overload her website/web store 

"Don’t forget me"

When you think of it, it's good that a woman should actually take the time and be strong enough to address the misogyny-fueled backlash she's been getting, and not just have to go through it silently. On the other hand, I'm not sure I really understand why it's coming now. She's getting such critical acclaim and the fact that she should respond to criticism from, say, Harper's article with 'thank you for that' instead of using arguments, as well as her lack of humility - she said she was literally changing the world 24/7 and she constantly refers to herself as a 'genuine singer songwriter' and it's a bit funny she should point out narcissism as a growing issue at the same time - kinda makes me worried that she simply can't handle criticism anymore, maybe because she's gotten used to being praised all the time. I agree the criticism she's been getting is different from that of other singers, but still, why does it come out now. To me, it's normal that there should be reaction from the media when she says stuff like she did in the Annie Mac interview, and although she has the right to say she doesn't like those articles, and even to make a whole record about them, the journalists have the right to write them, because of you know, free speech. And the fact that she refuses to change her mind or listen to anyone who tells her about the problems linked with QTFC doesn't make me less worried about the lyrics in that album. I hope she's going to criticise the misogyny or aggressiveness of the media, not the fact that they have critical judgement.

3 minutes ago, DLT said:

What we need is a like from Ben, Ed, or Interscope lol

Shanice :mj2:

2 minutes ago, lovecherrymotion said:

so... what now

It‘s still on IG

3 minutes ago, lovecherrymotion said:

so... what now

that’s old news bestie 

Ben probably did some damage control 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Nikogo said:

You mean the gay intern who stole his phone last year :ma:

9 minutes ago, DLT said:

Yeah lol. What we need is a like from Ben, Ed, or Interscope lol.  Then it’ll be more solidified.  

@/tapmusic liked it, for some reason it doesn't come up when i search, but it's there

EIk5Jxl.jpg

they didn't like her last post before this either, so it's not like this account likes everything she posts. ben and ed haven't liked it but if the official tap account did.... idk seems kinda solid to me

sUcVobB.png

4 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

If she deletes the IG post then we riot at dawn

she’ll just keep editing the post and changing the date without saying anything

"Don’t forget me"

10 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

that’s old news bestie 

well girl i’m not reading 40+ pages since i went to bed last night y’all do too much!

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

she’ll just keep editing the post and changing the date without saying anything

She thinks she's slick but we got tabs on ha 

tenor.gif?itemid=5271773 :ma:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

19 minutes ago, lovecherrymotion said:

so... what now

I noticed she often deletes her posts, she took down the Tulsa Jesus Freak snippet some time after posting, but the song still got released

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif