Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

Imagine this concept: 

She tweets the trackist as a series of emojis and we need to guess. The title track is obviously ? what emoji do we think Dealer is luvs?

?

7 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

lets sum up the evidence:

- Lana said in november shes working on 2 albums

- in insta video in january she said "tearing people down sometimes discourages people from moving on onto the next project, but thank god i already know what im doing, im not going anywhere"

- in recent interview (probably taken in january) Ben said shes working on two albums and that she has a title in her mind

- she tweeted a rock emoji in february

- actually announced it in a whole new post with a cover art (unlike cocc)

- tapmusic liked the post

- she announced one day after cocc so she must be dying not to say anything about this for a long time

- the article she shared was from january so theres a possibility she was planning this announcement  since january

:trisha:so true!!!

8 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

lets sum up the evidence:

- Lana said in november shes working on 2 albums

- in insta video in january she said "tearing people down sometimes discourages people from moving on onto the next project, but thank god i already know what im doing, im not going anywhere"

- in recent interview (probably taken in january) Ben said shes working on two albums and that she has a title in her mind

- she tweeted a rock emoji in february

- actually announced it in a whole new post with a cover art (unlike cocc)

- tapmusic liked the post

- she announced one day after cocc so she must be dying not to say anything about this for a long time

- the article she shared was from january so theres a possibility she was planning this announcement  since january

The Annie Mac interview must have lit a fire under her ass... although she did say she was tired just before that. 
if there’s an artist that can pull off a Fuck You Media track, it’s her. 

14 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I agree, I really want a powerful and iconic picture taken for the album cover. I want it to seep “fuck you, I want revenge” idgaf vibes. 

I can see the picture being the single cover. 

I feel like she WANTS this lowkey/cheap/non-professional aesthetic for her albums now. She is totally focused on the music.

And critics used to use her image to criticize her and writes her off as manufactured, so I think this is her way of saying: "im totally here for the music and nothing else"

1 hour ago, HyperVelvet said:

Imagine a song like "She's not me" on RCS :sass:

IT'S AN ANTHEM :trisha:

fits so well imho :oprah:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I mean to be real she had to have been over the COTCC era. These songs are at least a year, a year and a half old now. She’s always writing. Same thing happened with NFR, minus FIILY, the album was done 5/6 months before the album came out, and she had already worked on the follow-up (then called WHF)

maybe she submitted the album for mastering or vinyls when she tweeted the rock emoji? Or maybe she got the mastered songs back? So many possibilities!

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, SolveEtCoagula said:

I feel like she WANTS this lowkey/cheap/non-professional aesthetic for her albums now. She is totally focused on the music.

And critics used to use her image to criticize her and writes her off as manufactured, so I think this is her way of saying: "im totally here for the music and nothing else"

Yeah I was just thinking that... she’s going the alt singer songwriter route, less focused on the visuals/aestethic and more on the music (I love me some well executed aesthetically pleasing era but we’re here for the music after all, so...)! 
I doubt that’s the album cover or logo tho, I think she’s posted that as a poster or playbill just for announcement purpose

Lanarat.png

7 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I mean to be real she had to have been over the COTCC era. These songs are at least a year, a year and a half old now. She’s always writing. Same thing happened with NFR, minus FIILY, the album was done 5/6 months before the album came out, and she had already worked on the follow-up (then called WHF)

maybe she submitted the album for mastering or vinyls when she tweeted the rock emoji? Or maybe she got the mastered songs back? So many possibilities!

I still come back to her quote in Music Week, about Chemtrails being at a standstill and not knowing what your next move is (which is the feeling of the album: very reflexive, being on pause). For her, it must be a very uncomfortable  state to be in. Plus even the first songs are surely about Sean, which went down the drain. So no wonder she wants to move passed that era, maybe?!? Plus the delay to put it out... nothing to help for her to promote it or want to « live in that headspace ».

The biggest problem with Chemtrails, and potentially this album, is how long she takes to submit the songs to be pressed to vinyl. 

If she had submitted the songs in July to be pressed she could have had a 2020 release, but she was hesitant until at least October (at the book signing she said she wasn’t sure about dealer yet, but it was still track 8) and didn’t submit the album until the end of October, early November. 

I’m sure we could get the album around June, but she has to be sure enough of the album to actually submit it to start the vinyl pressing. 

the fact that she gave a date less than 12 weeks away means maybe it already is being pressed, but nobody has said anything about a new batch of Lana songs being mastered so it seems slightly unlikely 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, new gods said:

does anyone have any assumptions on what she means by getting revenge? like is she gonna start singing about her abusive relationships again or what

yes but this time she's the abusive one (n obviously she'll feature amber heard on the album) girlboss :creep:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

17 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Yeah I was just thinking that... she’s going the alt singer songwriter route, less focused on the visuals/aestethic and more on the music (I love me some well executed aesthetically pleasing era but we’re here for the music after all, so...)! 
I doubt that’s the album cover or logo tho, I think she’s posted that as a poster or playbill just for announcement purpose

Even low-key singer/songwriters who are not visual artista have nice artwork though

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Even low-key singer/songwriters who are not visual artista have nice artwork though

Yeah I know, but some indie artists goes for the rough homemade old school style (for the aesthetic or just because they have low budget)... of course some put effort on the visual side even if they have limited resources

Lanarat.png

6 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Yeah I know, but some indie artists goes for the rough homemade old school style (for the aesthetic or just because they have low budget)... of course some put effort on the visual side even if they have limited resources

I follow a lot of small indie artists and they all manage to create good visuals for their albums without necessarily having a big budget - just because they burn for their art. And even if they are not visual-artists, they still manage to pick something simple that's not an insult to the eye. It's about how much you WANT to deliver a great package.

Lana actively doesn't give a f*ck because she has the priviledge to be a rich woman with a big loyal fanbase.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!