Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Y'all be talking about Sad Girl Tumblr phases while my dumb ass couldn't figure out how to use Tumblr and I didn't like the idea of blog and followers, I wished it was more Facebook-like. 

Also when Lana, AM and soft grunge were booming in early 2010s I was being busy being #swag #yolo with galaxy stuff, Obey snapbacks and beanies with a dark-ish twist, idolizing Acacia Clark, Madison Beer and listening to dubstep (circa middleshcool). Roast me however you want (I still looked cool compared to the peasants in my small town) . :oprah2::trisha::hair:

I was late at the party in freshman but it was still going hard on IG, I got hooked on Ultraviolence, AM, TNBHD and Nirvana. Halsey Bandlands era was the shit. My friend and I were staning her just because she was an alt pop girl who had a cool vibe not because her music was special. I never took part in sad quotes over dark grainy images because it was too cheesy even for me. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

17 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Like no tea or shade to Olivia and Billie stans but like...Lana gave us 27 years of life experience in her songwriting meanwhile these new girlies are singing about high school shit lol. It's just funny how people fawn over them like they have lots to say. This is why I don't stan young talent because they lack so much experience and it shows in their music :tommy:

imagine writing (she probably didn’t her team did but let’s pretend) a whole generic pop ALBUM about some fake teeny relationship your dystopian conglomerate aka disney inc. came up with to steal money out of teenage girl’s pockets…. :scoff: what exactly is groundbreaking about that ? like i don’t wish any bad on that kid and it’s not her fault but it’s not sitting well with me at all how lana got dragged through hell and back for being an industry plant only because she had some lip fillers and a different aesthetic when nowadays every real industry plant from billie, to clairo, halsey to olivia get eaten up by the gp with no questions asked…. and lana doesn’t even get slight praise or “thanks for opening this door for me" (looking at you miss billie "thank you ariana" eilish:tanisha:)

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

So we can agree, that production wise, Jack isn't the problem, but Lana is... 

well.. no. if we don't like a certain genre that lana is heading towards, that's our problem

13 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

real industry plant from billie, to clairo, halsey to olivia

I get clairo being an industry plant and *maybe* olivia (although ehh because she’s just a disney pop star, a la miley/demi/etc & never claimed to be home-grown or anything ), but how are billie and halsey industry plants :toofunny: both of their rise’s were pretty organic, took a few years for both of them to take off, they got a big song and blew up (alt tumblr kids helped a lot with that) . Also both of their origins weren’t like, majorly constructed by a label or anything :biblio:

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

well.. no. if we don't like a certain genre that lana is heading towards, that's our problem

Yeah, but everyone was blaming Jack for being "boring". Some of us have been saying it was Lana's decision to go this route for MONTHS, but everyone else was pressed, denying Lana had any input and saying it was Jack's fault the production of her latest songs was so boring/plain :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I also don't understand the huge success of Olivia. Billie was at least unique with her style and vibe. Olivia looks like a typical skinny Bestdressed-ish influencer, her style of music is generic but at least I can understand why teens love her since her topics are reletable. Avril and latter Billie had raw tomboy energy while Olivia is the most conventional looking teen who tries to be edgy. What's embarrassing is how I've seen 20+ year olds worshipping her. I'm not hating her I just think she's very overrated. Maggie Lindemann has the same music style but she's at least "unique" with her gothic image and fits more to be the alt chick. 

20 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

imagine writing (she probably didn’t her team did but let’s pretend) a whole generic pop ALBUM about some fake teeny relationship your dystopian conglomerate aka disney inc. came up with to steal money out of teenage girl’s pockets…. :scoff: what exactly is groundbreaking about that ? like i don’t wish any bad on that kid and it’s not her fault but it’s not sitting well with me at all how lana got dragged through hell and back for being an industry plant only because she had some lip fillers and a different aesthetic when nowadays every real industry plant from billie, to clairo, halsey to olivia get eaten up by the gp with no questions asked…. and lana doesn’t even get slight praise or “thanks for opening this door for me" (looking at you miss billie "thank you ariana" eilish:tanisha:)

i'm not a lana del rey historian regarding the video games era but wasn't the only reason why people thought she was inauthetic and an industry plant because she made a homemade music video when she was under a label and because she had a different aesthetic in her earlier career? :biblio: it's such a reach and it really shows how she's treated unfairly by the media and the general public, anybody who's beyond a casual fan will know that she's always made homemade videos, she didn't even have the budget for a proper music video at the time, and although her image was quite different from the lizzy grant era to the modern lana del rey era, i think her intricate & melancholic vibe has always been a constant, it's even present in her may jailer era

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

14 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

You forgot the biggest industry plants of the century - Kpop idols. Kpop stans get enraged when you bring that up but know a lot about the industry at the same time. Then you wonder how teens eat up industry plants? It's enough to be good looking, have an aesthetic and be slightly edgy. I kinda noticed that rock, metal and alt communities notice industry plants easier but they're toxic in their own way. 

never understood why people say clairo is an industry plant lmao, she's hardly forced on anyone and she's not exactly making big pop hits, i like clairo a lot

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Anyways I really don’t understand what’s so confusing about Olivia’s rise to fame lol. Most disney stars aren’t super original or creative or groundbreaking either. She’s a disney star with a pretty good voice and has some cute songs, and it’s been awhile since there’s been a good disney act like her - and ya know, disney has a massive audience, she’s obviously gonna have a lot of success. 

There’s a lot of kids/tweens/millennials in the world that love basic pop music, and that’s okay! I really don’t see what the big deal is lmao :biblio:

4 minutes ago, shady said:

I also don't understand the huge success of Olivia.

4 minutes ago, shady said:

Her style of music is generic but at least I can understand why teens love her since her topics are relatable.

You answered yourself :deadbanana:

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

never understood why people say clairo is an industry plant lmao, she's hardly forced on anyone and she's not exactly making big pop hits, i like clairo a lot

isnt her father a huge label executive? I don’t think industry plant necessarily = top 40 superstar, but she did go from relatively unknown —> major label rather quickly especially when nothing she does is all that unique or interesting (not saying it’s bad, but there’s a lot of people out there making that exact same style of stuff)

anyways: blue banisters is never getting released let’s move on regroup and pick up our clown costumes  ladies it’s over…

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

isnt her father a huge label executive? I don’t think industry plant necessarily = top 40 superstar, but she did go from relatively unknown —> major label rather quickly especially when nothing she does is all that unique or interesting (not saying it’s bad, but there’s a lot of people out there making that exact same style of stuff)

anyways: blue banisters is never getting released let’s move on regroup and pick up our clown costumes  ladies it’s over…

true but lana has always had big connections too, i don't think you can buy fame, you can buy opportunities, but fame doesn't happen for everybody

anyway i wouldn't even consider clairo to be famous famous, she's just a lucky indie artist

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

you can buy opportunities, but fame doesn't happen for everybody

This. The prime example is Katy Perry, or Demi Lovato. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Will Leak It said:

I think this time we won’t get any videos 

yeah seems like it even though we know there's a blue banisters video

I'm sad about that

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

yeah seems like it even though we know there's a blue banisters video

I'm sad about that

She’s not lipsyncing in that video snippet 

so it might be recycled footage 

21 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

So we can agree, that production wise, Jack isn't the problem, but Lana is... 

Chemtrails is a triumph because it forced Jack to get outside of his box. Lorde’s new single is typical Jack, and the way the alt-pop girls are just circling each other, sharing producers and aesthetics… :toofunny:

At least Chemtrails stands on its own