Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Mike Will Leak It said:

She’s not lipsyncing in that video snippet 

so it might be recycled footage 

I don't think it is, I don't think she needs to lipsync in every scene

but who knows 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

27 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

So we can agree, that production wise, Jack isn't the problem, but Lana is... 

it’s Jack…The production on Lordes new song is the same…nothing special. Jack is overrated IMO. But I think Lana likes the mininal production and slowness he brings as she finds them easier to perform and sing.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, bel air rose said:

i hope lorde’s comeback triggers lana’s awakening bc this thread is just depressing 

marina is already serving THE SERVE if lorde does the same...

this is so childish lmao but I wish it could inspire her to do more for this era

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

lorde and marina on the same day? and then her birthday, yeah she won't be posting for a loooong time :toofunny:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

lorde and marina on the same day? and then her birthday, yeah she won't be posting for a loooong time :toofunny:

i'm not sure, i get the feeling she couldn't care less about lorde & marina at this point, but like we all say, we never know for sure with lana :oopna:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm not sure, i get the feeling she couldn't care less about lorde & marina at this point, but like we all say, we never know for sure with lana :oopna:

actually it may be a good sign, there will be a lot less attention on her, im trying to be optimistic :xcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

30 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

it’s Jack…The production on Lordes new song is the same…nothing special. Jack is overrated IMO. But I think Lana likes the mininal production and slowness he brings as she finds them easier to perform and sing.

gays will still keep deluding themselves and say that every single artist he worked with probably wanted the same sound:awkney:

22 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Maybe Jack has a monster cocc or sumn :hide:

Jack produced again St. Vincent‘s album, which is nothing like her last one. I‘m all for a new producer, but let’s not say it’s all his fault. He can produce bops and he has, but Lana obviously doesn’t wanna go there (Wilddflowe Wildfire -> Mike Dean) 
Example for the ? BIG ? production he could deliver: 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

45 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

You answered yourself :deadbanana:

Yeah but I didn't think it was enough for a 1# album and overnight hits. Also she's praised by many A list celebs as if she invented the wheel. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Until Jack worked with Lana, he was known for making mostly 80s-esque power pop. Then once Lana released NFR, everyone else he worked with wanted him to do that sound for them too. It’s not Lana’s fault she’s a trendsetter. :whatever2: It also makes sense why she’d logically move on from Jack at this point too.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

2 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

Until Jack worked with Lana, he was known for making mostly 80s-esque power pop. Then once Lana released NFR, everyone else he worked with wanted him to do that sound for them too. It’s not Lana’s fault she’s a trendsetter. :whatever2: It also makes sense why she’d logically move on from Jack at this point too.

influencing all of the alt. & pop girls from 2011-2021 & beyond :oprah3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

At the end of the day, if none of these artists liked Jack's production style, they wouldn't work with him. And his style obviously isn't for everyone, but the general public really likes it (as we've seen with the response to NFR, Folklore, etc). I'm someone who actually does enjoy Jack's production, the man produced Venice Bitch so I can never say his production is objectively bad, but I also think it can be good for an artist to switch it up. That's part of why I'm still looking forward to BB despite the messiness of the release dates. I don't think that the three singles were a clear representation of what the album is/will sound like, and even if they are, I still listen to the singles regularly so I wouldn't mind. 

Side note - there seriously just needs to be a Jack exclusive thread considering how almost every other thread turns into discussion about him 

imageproxy.jpg

We have a found a new way of killing time. Instead of fighting, trashing Jack, calling Lana lazy or dragging Beyonce we are making fun of Olivia. I like that :sass: 

1 hour ago, shady said:

I also don't understand the huge success of Olivia. Billie was at least unique with her style and vibe. Olivia looks like a typical skinny Bestdressed-ish influencer, her style of music is generic but at least I can understand why teens love her since her topics are reletable. Avril and latter Billie had raw tomboy energy while Olivia is the most conventional looking teen who tries to be edgy. What's embarrassing is how I've seen 20+ year olds worshipping her. I'm not hating her I just think she's very overrated. Maggie Lindemann has the same music style but she's at least "unique" with her gothic image and fits more to be the alt chick. 

It’s TikTok. I think if Billie started getting known during the surge in popularity of TikTok (when COVID first started), she would have been even bigger than she is now. My opinion at least, but TikTok has been making really old songs chart again because they’re being “rediscovered” on the platform. I see TikTok as Tumblr circa the early 2010s for music, except it’s even more accessible for the general population 

sgopYhV.gif

6 minutes ago, COCC said:

We have a found a new way of killing time. Instead of fighting, trashing Jack, calling Lana lazy or dragging Beyonce we are making fun of Olivia. I like that :sass: 

It’s not cute to make fun of an 18 y/o when you‘re in your 20s :awkney: 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

So we can agree, that production wise, Jack isn't the problem, but Lana is... 

hearing lorde’s new single…i’m back on the everything’s jack’s fault train cause that mariners wannabe snoozefest is VERY jack…and that aint a good thing :bebe: that man won’t rest until every female singer has their discog  reduced to an acoustic guitar and the same tired drum pattern 

1 minute ago, lamms said:

It’s not cute to make fun of an 18 y/o when you‘re in your 20s :awkney: 

Come on :awkney: No one is really dragging her, just calling her music boring. And what does it have to do with her or my age :usrsney: