Elle

Lana Del Rey x Nikki Lane 1 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

can i take a swing at bartttender or would it be taboo at this point

7 hours ago, barttttender said:

Well, where I live, when I put on extra pounds, my doctor raises it as a concern. Most doctors do nowadays. Especially if you're 10 Kg+ overweight. 

But I can totally imagine that doctors in the US think a bit differently, which would explain the number of obese Americans. It is the birthplace of fast food and McDonalds, after all. 

however, this is the top result on Google on the topic of "does being fat means you're unhealthy?

The idea that someone can be "fat and fit" — that is, overweight but still healthy — has been around for some time. But don't be fooled. "The latest science is quite clear that excess weight can carry considerable health risks, including a higher risk for heart attack and stroke.

So, again, y'all need to get real - being fat is not cool. Especially not for a pop star who little girls look up to. 

p.s. You can go fuck yourself too. 

What is wrong with you? Shut.

Someone else's weight is none of your fucking business, unless you're their doctor. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Well, where I live, when I put on extra pounds, my doctor raises it as a concern. Most doctors do nowadays. Especially if you're 10 Kg+ overweight. 

But I can totally imagine that doctors in the US think a bit differently, which would explain the number of obese Americans. It is the birthplace of fast food and McDonalds, after all. 

however, this is the top result on Google on the topic of "does being fat means you're unhealthy?

The idea that someone can be "fat and fit" — that is, overweight but still healthy — has been around for some time. But don't be fooled. "The latest science is quite clear that excess weight can carry considerable health risks, including a higher risk for heart attack and stroke.

So, again, y'all need to get real - being fat is not cool. Especially not for a pop star who little girls look up to. 

we dont really care what you think bestie!!!!! no offense!!!!

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

He created his account like 2 weeks ago, he’s obviously a troll 

@Elle already warned him to stop body shaming let her take care of it 

"Don’t forget me"

Well where I live, we hit people who talk about a woman’s weight. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Breaking Up Slowly is one of my favorite songs on Chemtrails, so I’m looking forward to seeing what this is all about. I’ve never heard of Nikki before Chemtrails and still haven’t listened to her otherwise. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

22 hours ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I guess Jack Antonoff produced the country album or what do you guys think?

Jack produced the new The Chicks album last summer and that is an amazing album. But honestly he seem so busy right now can’t imagine him producing a whole album with Lana right now

another day another troll! i'd ignore it except the messages you're sending are harmful to anyone who sees them, not just insulting - like actually harmful. if you're joking or trolling, fyi it's not funny :nails: goodbye, i hope everyone here knows what they're saying is complete bullshit

if they're channeling country i want it to be less girl in a bar in nashville country and more on the run, mystical, magical, romance and sun and ocean, 50s 60s sultry intimate yet somewhat upbeat and displaying fun vocals

sUcVobB.png

12 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

another day another troll! i'd ignore it except the messages you're sending are harmful to anyone who sees them, not just insulting - like actually harmful. if you're joking or trolling, fyi it's not funny :nails: goodbye, i hope everyone here knows what they're saying is complete bullshit

if they're channeling country i want it to be less girl in a bar in nashville country and more on the run, mystical, magical, romance and sun and ocean, 50s 60s sultry intimate yet somewhat upbeat and displaying fun vocals

You snapped ms.gurl:oic:

I just found out there's a street about three hours from me called Nikki Lane lol, maybe it's a sign that this album will be a good thing after all 

Spoiler

168003159_149077090365565_32704609799922

imageproxy.jpg

7 hours ago, ProstituteStares said:

Thank you babe

I take gabapentin medicine - just like Lana probably, as she mentioned about it in one of her poems - for my depression and struggle with weight is REAL. But right now my mental health is more important than these 10 kg more. :crai:

I know all about that (not about you personally, at least not until now) and just want to say I'm 100% here for you if you ever need anything :) i'm so glad your mental health is something important to you and i'm proud of you!! keep doing what you're doing, your weight is nobody's business and if your mental health is more important than a few extra pounds you're doing something right <3 gabapentin was actually what i was referring to specifically bc of that poem lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Who the little girls look up to and choose to base their body image on is no artist's business. It is their parents' and doctors' business to educate them and warn them in case of a serious health or body image issue. Judging someone just because they are overweight or underweight according to "societal standards" is very unhealthy. Teaching little girls and all people for that matter not to compare themselves to any celebrity or others around them is a prerequisite if we are to reduce the number of people uncomfortable in their own body and mind. I'm a very skinny girl who have been bullied for being so for a long time and I'm perfectly healthy physically, but I still have some issues regarding my body image. Anyone who thinks themselves entitled to throw cursory comments around on how people look do not understand the gravity of its implications.

6 hours ago, synecdoche2 said:

"Breaking Up Slowly" is a great modern classic country song. If Nikki x Lana is more of the same, sign me up. Also, everyone has the right to be as thick as they want, especially Lana. Gtfo with your fat-phobia. 

And not to be a bitch,  but Nikki Lane is also a great singer. If you don't like Nikki, are you a fan of Lana's influences? Can you see the extraordinary beauty in voices like Lou Reed, Nina Simone, or Leonard Cohen? Lana is in the rare category of singers who has A) an undeniably Great voice and B) is fairy easy to listen to, like Lee Wiley or Ella Fitzgerald, but the fact that her voice is really pleasing is not what makes her a Great singer. Nikki and Lana blend their voices in a beautiful bouquet of sound. Damn, I'm gonna listen to "Breaking Up Slowly" again haha.

This is really interesting. I love Lou Reed and Leonard Cohen and Nina Simone but Nina and Lou aren't really very country at all, Leonard is more contemporary country/folk. It's interesting you mention them in comparison to BUS, I'll have to listen to it again and listen for those

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think he meant she got fat because it's true, but also because it's a little worrying. In my country too, being fat means having major health problems that must be treated to avoid a series of diseases, but be careful, I am thin and I have a lot of problems too.

I don't think Lana resents the fact that she has gained weight, it looks good on her honestly but it's not very healthy, I mean I don't know if she's okay right now. She has always had this simplicity in her, but I am a little worried since this weight gain. I don't know how you see it, but maybe she's on medication, or she's struggling with depression.

It is not always normal to gain so much weight, but after all, it may be nothing. Maybe she takes great pleasure in simply eating good things (and if I had her money I would do the same), but I can understand people who wonder and worry about her weight gain because we are past from a very thin girl to a girl who lets herself go and that can have many meanings.

i've been looking through ms nikki lane's discography a little bit and i feel like this energy is kinda what i'm looking for (from her) :tommy:

Spoiler

but generally this is all i want even if it isn't country i need it

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

In case you shallow, superficial fucks haven't noticed, there's a pandemic going on and most people have gained some weight. 

you snapped.... maybe the only time you ever have :hottie: love

sUcVobB.png

Some of the things being said in this thread that has literally nothing to do with lana's appearance and is about a potential album are super hurtful. i get that this is a forum dedicated to her, but I feel as though some people are crossing the line. it is not any of our places to say that lana should be thinner. and i don't think some people realize that when they say these things about lana, other people are going to see that and it's going to cause them to look at themselves and their own bodies differently. 

Bottom line: lana's weight is nobodies business but her own. stay respectful 

imageproxy.jpg

Dont know what Lana's weight has to do with this thread, anyway, a good chance to discuss what is certainly an important topic. Lana is a human being, human beings gain and loose weight, they age, they have psychologically amazing moments and mental health struggles as well. The fact that she's working at an industry thats absolutely brutal regarding image doesnt mean that she doesnt undergo the same processes as everyone, and she has all the right to. If she's going through a bad mental phase (which we all happen to at our own ways), dont think that the discussion should have to focus on how much her weight varies because of that, but on how good it would be for her to get well as soon as possible, regardless of her losing (or gaining) weight on the meanwhile. Fatphobia is a terrible thing and I think that this forum is full of very critical and smart people that have already made their points about the issue. I want to think there's no place here for toxic celebrity culture (bodyshaming included), so actually glad that this is being discussed.