TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

37 minutes ago, AOK said:

who is this bitch from the gif?

She's Aghata Nunes, she's sort of a meme in Brazil among the gay community. Back in the day, she was living on a farm with her (transphobic) aunt. 

She was naive so people used to take advantage of her. She gave us highs and lows, funny moments... fights... all the drama.

But nowadays she lives on her own and seems to be in a better place. (which is good for her). 

xCK5qqc.gif

1 hour ago, Ceremonials said:

idk, it's nice to take a deep breath and realize her career or lack there of is none of our business and if we never get another sky song again, no one will die. like i legit stopped caring in 2016 and am just here for the ride now. I will admit from following her on insta she does seem to foster a very toxic fan base when it would probably be better if she would just own when something isn't done/ready but she seems to love jumping the gun 

the false promises are the main issue, if she wanted to retire then good for her but she's been promising this album for a decade lmfao... i think she has to know the toxicity is coming from a place of desperation, her fans have continued to support her and appreciate her artistry and she's repeatedly taken advantage of that relationship. it certainly doesn't excuse death threats but it's because people care

35 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

She's Aghata Nunes, she's sort of a meme in Brazil among the gay community. Back in the day, she was living on a farm with her (transphobic) aunt. 

She was naive so people used to take advantage of her. She gave us highs and lows, funny moments... fights... all the drama.

But nowadays she lives on her own and seems to be in a better place. (which is good for her). 

xCK5qqc.gif

i swear brazil has the BEST memes y’all are the funniest people i think i’ve ever seen

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

since when does she have a netflix movie 

edit: sue me is the clue. it's sabrina carpet or whatever her last name is 

Okay this just sent me :eartha: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 hours ago, lonely lonely night said:

the false promises are the main issue, if she wanted to retire then good for her but she's been promising this album for a decade lmfao... i think she has to know the toxicity is coming from a place of desperation, her fans have continued to support her and appreciate her artistry and she's repeatedly taken advantage of that relationship. it certainly doesn't excuse death threats but it's because people care

this is so weird :creep:

giphy.gif

I came across to a Tiktok that tells a short documentary about Sky. It's so innacurate that it's ridiculous but it's so popular and well made. She's referred as a 2014 tumblr icon, but she was literally active in 2011-13. Btw, she was slowly climbing and I assume that if Masochism was released in 2015 she would've been a B lister. I'm not sure why is Tiktok obsessed with the year 2014 when mentioning tumblr. They were saying like she was an It girl or something when literally no one I'm friends with knows about her. I was a type of person who was digging indie music on YT in the early 2010s and never came across Sky. I'm obviously on this thread because I'm a fan but let's not act like she was ever a B list celeb. Acacia Clark was a tumblr icon, Sky was a B lister maybe on Tumblr. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

3 minutes ago, shady said:

I came across to a Tiktok that tells a short documentary about Sky. It's so innacurate that it's ridiculous but it's so popular and well made. She's referred as a 2014 tumblr icon, she was literally active in 2011-13. Btw, was slowly climbing and I assume that if Masochism was released in 2015 she would've been a B lister. I'm not sure why is Tiktok obsessed with the year 2014 when mentioning tumblr. They were saying like she was an It girl or something when literally no one I'm friends with knows about her. I was a type of person who was digging indie music on YT in the early 2010s and never came across Sky. I'm obviously on this thread because I'm a fan but let's not act like she was ever a B list celeb. Acacia Clark was a tumblr icon, Sky was a B lister maybe on Tumblr. 

I'm guessing the maker of that tik tok first got onto tumblr in 2014. They were probably too young before that. They keep using 2014 because I think that was when hipster tumblr finally moved on to the grunge tumblr for good and they need Sky to fit in with their whole "aesthetic history". But she basically MADE 2014 tumblr with her looks from 2011-2013. 

25 minutes ago, shady said:

I came across to a Tiktok that tells a short documentary about Sky. It's so innacurate that it's ridiculous but it's so popular and well made. She's referred as a 2014 tumblr icon, but she was literally active in 2011-13. Btw, she was slowly climbing and I assume that if Masochism was released in 2015 she would've been a B lister. I'm not sure why is Tiktok obsessed with the year 2014 when mentioning tumblr. They were saying like she was an It girl or something when literally no one I'm friends with knows about her. I was a type of person who was digging indie music on YT in the early 2010s and never came across Sky. I'm obviously on this thread because I'm a fan but let's not act like she was ever a B list celeb. Acacia Clark was a tumblr icon, Sky was a B lister maybe on Tumblr. 

That fixation on the 2014 Tumblr era that Gen Z on TikTok has I'm pretty sure it's because of the nostalgic vibe it has and how many of us didn't get to live that era on its peak (I was 11 in 2014 so I didn't have a Tumblr, other might have been a bit older or younger), but I remember seeing the Internet full of these "aesthetic" pics of outfits with leather boots, white and black striped shirts, beanies, those things, as well as many artists who found their niche in those Tumblr days (Lana, Marina, Charli, Sky) are popular among us, and that aesthetic of 2014 Tumblr mutated to these nowadays aesthetic which in 2019 I think became E-Girls and those sort of things. So it's kinda like a nostalgia of something we didn't get to live on full.

18816146ca556aa7b4aefa2eb3b5ca57.gif

12 hours ago, DownhillLullaby said:

xCK5qqc.gif

a maior do BR