TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

3 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Im not really into any garbage albums all the way through beyond their debut+ it’s b sides but I can dig a song here and there- was always disappointed they never topped it for me. I need a vinyl rip of not your kind of people tbh because it would probably sound great if not brickwalled :defeated:

I understand your taste. Tbh despite some albums coming close to it, their debut/b-side sound feels very specific and its not there the same way in other albums. Her covering any song off it would work.

i'm not a sound person so I cant speak on NYKOP, but a vinyl rip of it would be way better. Strange Little Birds even moreso! that albums just makes me feel emotions :sky:

35 minutes ago, Mash Tragic said:

Huuun, ok. I stand corrected! I have no idea how labels really work, so thanks for the info. 

I would've argued that she probably let that to management then, but I'm not sure I understand: if she complained she had to do stuff her label was supposed to do, but said stuff isn't the label's but management's... Does it mean she doesn't have a (real) manager? Or does she have as much clue as me about what labels are supposed to do? :awkney:

We'll never know the truth behind Sky and Capitol's beef, but just from that, it seems there's a misunderstanding or a lack of knowledge on Sky's part? If labels don't do that shit and she doesn't have management, it's normal they are asking HER to do that, right? So she can't really accuse her labels of not doing... what they're not supposed to do? Not saying she's a liar but I'd find that wild she knows as much as me considering she's been in the business for years.

I do remember she said that (having to do stuff she didn't think was her job) but frankly, I'm past believing her. Sky's never been the most reliable source. Also, I'm not forgetting (ironically) that Don't Forget video she shelved herself. Girlie thinks promo isn't her job but she fires the editor to do his work? Just to never release that shit? :uh: I get not liking the editor's vision but... just do the fucking work you gave to yourself then?? This is part of the many inconsistencies that makes me believe in the perfectionnist-excuse-actual-lazy-ass explanation. I'd love to believe her but she's the reason I have trust issues. 

Sorry for the long rant but I'm genuinely so confused about all of that. And tired. I only want Pretty Dull to finally move on from her and that hell of a thread. :bebe:

The whole journey has been so weird. I want to believe sky over her corporate overlords but her reasons for why things aren't panning out have always been inconsistent. Like, when sky says the album was coming but she became ill (no disrespect intended) or there's a pandemic so it's not appropriate or the uncompromised vision bit... No one at Capitol has ever commented on any of it either so we're just supposed to take her word for it all as well? I think it just boils down to sky being fefe dobson 2.0, which was basically a small dash of record label bs and the rest being making herself small for partners intimidated by female success while getting lost in a drug haze.

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg

I think we all just need to come to the consensus that Ferrari here was literally just an alt-grunge "It girl" who dabbled in music and made a record and then her little "It girl" moment ended, except nobody told her/she didn't get the hint.

The only reason she's still fucking around in the music space is because she's literally got nothing else going on in terms of a career path.

TW: Ugly comment.

Spoiler

Deadass if this was the 70s p-sure she'd be a dead ringer to be a 'Warhol girl' - do a bunt of alt-indie movies, modeling, and music, and then just hit the 27 club. 

Like the Panera meme ain't that much of a meme at this point. She needs to clock in.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

so...
she's free now?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, SalvaWHORE said:

so...
she's free now?

Free to not release Guardian and bitch and moan all day about her not having the rights. Also free to promise us “don’t worry guys, I’m free now, I’m gonna record new music soon” and then she will just stall the release for an eternity because she’s waiting for the right moment aka the right budget since she’s now on a budget of 5 dollars and secondhand wigs from goodwill.

She'll say something before her shows for sure

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

16 hours ago, EmptyPromises said:

I understand your taste. Tbh despite some albums coming close to it, their debut/b-side sound feels very specific and its not there the same way in other albums. Her covering any song off it would work.

i'm not a sound person so I cant speak on NYKOP, but a vinyl rip of it would be way better. Strange Little Birds even moreso! that albums just makes me feel emotions :sky:

We need Shirley to give her some live lessons too- her lives on bad quality even are  :defeated: