TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Sky is going off on Twitter and I have no idea what’s she talking about lol... can someone explain

I suppose it‘s about one of the decade end charts and someone must have written something wrong (hence the „cant be influenced by something released 3 years later“ tweet) . Also I think people talking about „influence“ and only the producers‘ great work instead of giving credit to the singer seems to be something that annoys her too since she is very hands on (which is something that annoys me as well in music journalism) like for example as soon as you see a NFR article it‘s all jack antonoff this jack antonoff that instead of giving lana more credit even though she comes up with most stuff. Same with for example Taylor, she comes up with the melodies and the lyrics and producers really just help her a bit but every article is jack antonoff this max martin that. And it‘s more prevalent with female artists.

I’m not asking this in a sarcastic/to be a bitch way, but why does she only have one album? I was pretty into Sky for a while when NTMT came out and then I kinda forgot about her until she popped up in Charli’s song, why hasn’t she made another album? Or is she making one or...? Basically someone give me the tea, I’m interested

giphy.gif

I’m not asking this in a sarcastic/to be a bitch way, but why does she only have one album? I was pretty into Sky for a while when NTMT came out and then I kinda forgot about her until she popped up in Charli’s song, why hasn’t she made another album? Or is she making one or...? Basically someone give me the tea, I’m interested

shes been "making" one for the past 6 years with a bunch of alleged setbacks and whatever.

it’s either her label or lyme disease depending on the day, sometimes it’s “ i just want to to be perfect “. Honestly i get the vibe that she’s insecure about her music and afraid to actually put it out and she’s lost all her momentum so her label isn’t pushing her either

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

she's being a mess with her sophomore album. she's constantly teasing new music but always break down all the promises when it's time to release something, she got a new single out recently called downhill lullaby and then disappeared again. she sometimes blames herself and her diseases and sometimes it's her label's fault, we don't really know what's going on at this point.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

She has an autoimmune disease, cut funding, Her producers/collaborators/team has been switched a few times during the process, relationship breakups etc. There's a lot and we probably won't know and also some of her problems are personal. She's not completely off the hook or anything (you shouldnt tease things that arent even remotely close to being done or coming) but she's gone through a lot during these years.

Anyways someone compiled the snippets here if you're interested:

https://twitter.com/HeartbreakSky/status/1167928409898418177

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna