Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

887 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

happy bday Blue BanistersΒ :party:

Β 

π’Žπ’‚π’šπ’ƒπ’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’š 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 π’Š'π’Ž 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘷π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 π’Šπ’” 𝘬π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 π’Žπ’†

βœ§Β Λ–Β°. β‹†β­’Λšο½‘β‹†.Β * : ✧ . : * : β˜† * βœ§Β Λ–Β°. β‹†β­’Λšο½‘β‹† Β°.  ✧ Λ–Β°

Β 

Β 

On 10/21/2024 at 12:32 PM, Embach said:

Happy 3rd Birthday, dear Blue Banisters! I will always be the biggest stan of Black Bathing Suit, what a chaotic bop, the prequel to A&W! :dance3:

Retweet, today is the day! :D

2.gif

Just now, Embach said:

Retweet, today is the day! :D

The period when it dropped was a wonderful period of my life, which helped me appreciate it but I would have loved it at any time.Β 

Happy Birthday BB! This album is perfect for introspective quiet mornings!

From my BB Pinterest board:

7038e22e0eca45e31ae819caf8a0fb0d.jpg

Β Β 616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 π–™π–π–Š π–œπ–”π–—π–‘π–‰ 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 π–π–Žπ–‰π–Šπ–˜ π–™π–π–Š π–šπ–“π–Žπ–›π–Šπ–—π–˜π–†π–‘ π–˜π–Šπ–ˆπ–—π–Šπ–™ 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 π–™π–Žπ–’π–Š

Β 

Wow three years has flown by. I remember being SO happy with the cover art after the trauma Chemtrails caused. The title track has definitely earned a spot in my top 10 Lana songs. It took a minute for it to fully hit me, but once it did - wowΒ :wowcry:Β The storytelling, the subtle production, and those delicate piano notes during "green and grey" get me every time. I love how the piano sounds like a faint siren or plane going downβ€”so subtle, yet so haunting.

Β 

For me, I return to Text Book,Β Blue Banisters, Arcadia, Black Bathing Suit, Wildflower Wildfire, and Sweet Carolina the most. I'm not counting the unreleased tracks - I played them to hell and back before the album dropped.

This album also has some of my least favorite Lana songs - Beautiful and Violets for Roses are....something:oprah6:. And there is something so corny about If You Lie Down With MeΒ which is sad because it's an outtakes from my favorite Lana album. I want to like it. I've tried. But it makes me feel like a train robber when I listen to it.Β I would love to hear the UV version:blush3:.

Β 

To me, I see this album as more of a mixtape. It makes for a great fall playlist when the season starts changing and I want some cozy background vibes.Β 

Tumblr

I can’t believe it’s been 3 years since BB dropped but I have to say the nostalgia is so strong today. I still remember when it dropped, I was freshly 23 and found myself in the middle of a skilled nursing turned Covid unit in the wee hours of the night, again. I was in such a weird, not so greatΒ place in my life. IΒ was finally free from a bad relationship but stuck trying to find freedom within myself which felt impossible being trapped in all the plastic and under the respirators for 12 hoursΒ and forced to watch so many people get sick and pass away so astonishingly quick. I couldn’t love the way I wanted to, speak the way I wanted to, live the way I wanted to. It was awful for all of us but more so the patients. The themes and tones of this album saved a part of me I didn’t know at the time needed it and created a part of me I didn’t see coming. Especially being that the people around me refused to let me be me. Do the things I wanted, say the things I wanted… EveryoneΒ in my life built me up 300 feet tall just to tear me down.. I watched the leaves fall while my tears did too as I finally was able to get outside and breathe the fresh air and not the n95. I felt so much peace and love from this album and somehow I served as a vessel to spread the love and comfort to the people who needed it the most in these times. The memories I made to this album, the great things I did. The way it made me stand tall in the light of such intense criticism and transformation. How all those fall days passed and the chords still played.

I remember the people from my past still trying to put what I had going on together in my head and all the ways I was topic of conversation after all those years, black bathing suit hit home for me. My soul was tired yes but I was more tired of the false criticisms and accusations of people who used to know me or not even at all. It made sense for me in that moment. Their interest really made stacks out of it for me, and it all helped me deliver the biggest fuck you to the people who were going up against me.Β 

I remember years later (May 2023 I believe) the pandemic was finally over for the healthcare workers (mostly). We had watched the world run free while we still suffered. But finally we were finally told by the government and corporations that we could take our masks off. It felt so free and wholesome to see everyone’s smiles and for our patients to see ours. Violets for Roses came on my AirPods and it all made sense in that moment. There truly was something in the air while we all ran free with our masks off and it made me so happy.Β It’s just funny how god puts us exactly where we need to be in the right moments. Thoughts of the day β˜οΈπŸ“

Still my personal favourite record from Lana. And that's a lot to say.

Β 

Maybe the most authentic portrayal of what life's about for her and for everyone in some way: being courageous enough to live wholly; confronting the trauma that comes as well with it; being honest enough to search the ways to heal afterwards.

Β 

Happy birthday, Blue Banisters. You are such an artistic treasure.