Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I think it’s still unreal to me that she’s admitted her love for these songs that, before, she couldn’t even acknowledge really. Living Legend especially. That live video really made it clear to me how special her music is to her, now if only she could remember every single song the way we do :true:

1 hour ago, wildheart said:

I want to articulate something, I feel like while I prefer this album immensely over COTCC, a few songs from COTCC are like untouchable. Like White Dress, COTCC, Wild at Heart are just like elite and while BB has serious bangers, they never touch the height of these songs.

does anyone have similar feelings? Like BB is a better album/experience, but COTCC has some utterly beautiful songs?

yes, BB is just more cohesive and has a consistent sound throughout. i love COCC but it flows like a singles collection.

5 hours ago, uhauIjoe said:

This is a very mature album. I get very emotional listening to If You Lie Down With Me. Recently I've become distant with a friend who I was in love with (not in a romantic way though). I sent him a link to this song. I know he wants me back but he isn't mature enough to admit it. Who else agrees this is her best album??

It is indeed her best album, but also let we know what your friend says :popcorn:

2 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She might be going indie if her contract is over. Big record companies are not about digital only. This is why I say she should get a bandcamp account so every purchase goes directly to her. 

Also, don't know if this was already posted. 

I think this most definitely will be the case. I think Lana will go completely independent some day and release music on streaming platforms in the way she desires. After 8 albums in less than 10 years… fuck it. She deserves total control. The amount of accolades, the history she’s achieved as an artist, the “sad girl” persona all going back to her… a LIVING LEGEND.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, May said:

arcadia would’ve been a better title but i don’t think it would’ve fit the album at all . when I think of arcadia as an album title I think concept album , fully fleshed out and lots of effort into high budget music vids to help create the ‘world’ of the album . and huge , grand music production :lolliney: we can only dream

honestly :air: I'll never forgive her using the title 'Arcadia' for a song about Toyotas and Land Rovers

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

55 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I think it’s still unreal to me that she’s admitted her love for these songs that, before, she couldn’t even acknowledge really. Living Legend especially. That live video really made it clear to me how special her music is to her, now if only she could remember every single song the way we do :true:

Yes! Hearing her talk about her favorite songs on the album, and the songs she specifically referenced… Arcadia, Living Legend, Cherry Blossom, Nectar of the Gods, Dealer… It’s clear that she loves these songs and wasn’t just throwing them onto the album for the hell of it. I was actually surprised she was talking about and referencing the older songs so much! I’m happy they found a home.

2 hours ago, wildheart said:

I want to articulate something, I feel like while I prefer this album immensely over COTCC, a few songs from COTCC are like untouchable. Like White Dress, COTCC, Wild at Heart are just like elite and while BB has serious bangers, they never touch the height of these songs.

does anyone have similar feelings? Like BB is a better album/experience, but COTCC has some utterly beautiful songs?

I actually feel the exact opposite! in my opinion, the songs of COCC flow so well together, it's a complete and satisfying journey (with little tracklist re-arrangements, of course). BB has great singular moments, but I honestly can't look at BB and see a good, cohesive experience :noparty:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

2 minutes ago, lover said:

I actually feel the exact opposite! in my opinion, the songs of COCC flow so well together, it's a complete and satisfying journey (with little tracklist re-arrangements, of course). BB has great singular moments, but I honestly can't look at BB and see a good, cohesive experience :noparty:

same, when i first listened to BB it gave me mixtape vibes rather than a fully fleshed out album.

kind of like L4L but even more pronounced since LFL had 2 cohesive halves which BB does not

image.png

4 hours ago, Golden Hour said:

Perhaps it was just my connection while driving but NoTG sounded fucking awful on Spotify earlier today, especially after Text Book (shuffle :oic2:) and all of the intricacies in that track. I know it's a YouTube rip but damn ma... I wonder if there's a way we can petition to replace the versions on streaming like that one user did for the weird glitch at the end of NAWWAL?

I don't know what happened but it's embarrassing. The whole album sounds very bad on Spotify with noise and screeching. I only listen the album on YouTube for now until I get my vinyl .

It's still so weird & surreal to listen to these songs on LDR's "official" Youtube Channel at this point :krylie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

41 minutes ago, lover said:

Same. It feels too much like a mixtape, especially knowing that many of the songs don’t come from the same time frame the others were written in. Lana's albums are always a reflection of her mood at a certain time and reflective of her current state of mind. A mixtape album with such old songs CANNOT be a cohesive body of work unless you entirely rework the old material somehow.

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Still waiting for a live performance of Bel Air. :true:

31 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Same. It feels too much like a mixtape, especially knowing that many of the songs don’t come from the same time frame the others were written in. Lana's albums are always a reflection of her mood at a certain time and reflective of her current state of mind. A mixtape album with such old songs CANNOT be a cohesive body of work unless you entirely rework the old material somehow.

To me, BB has two parts: from TB to WFWF, and the last four songs. It’s clearly not a cohesive album in terms of storyline, but the previously leaked songs do fit the rest of the themes of the newer stuff: NotG is linked to the mythology of Arcadia and has another blue reference; Living Legend is about her chosen mother because her biological one treated her poorly (WFWF and BBS); Cherry Blossom is a lullaby to her daughter while Sweet Carolina is a lullaby to her sister. Chemtrails was all about being on pause and reflecting on her craft, her art; BB is being on pause and reflecting on her past traumas and present dramas in order to heal. Reflecting on your past is rarely cohesive and linear lol, which makes the album « work » in its random tableaux.