Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

The only thing I don't agree with is that "she tells a story with each album." Many people here say this, and I believe everyone when they say they perceive one, but I have never seen a story on her albums, even loosely, only a set of moods and attitudes, some which blend into one another, and some that don't. 

For example, on UV, the singer of 'CW,' 'FMWUTTT,' and 'MPG,' if in fact the same persona, doesn't seem to be the person or persona singing 'Old Money'--not even close--nor the persona singing the title track. As I see it, none of the personas present seem to be singing 'West Coast.' 'Brooklyn Baby' presents another persona altogether, as I see it. 

So I always see Lana's albums as a set of moods that mesh or don't, and may, in some cases, be intended not to mesh. 

Fair enough. Personally I do see a story through the moods and themes of each record and the overall impression that each album gives. Of course art is subjective and I love that people can interpret things differently with a wide variety of stories emerging from the same piece of work, especially when the creator is as complex as Lana is.

I do see Old Money being very much a part of the story being told on Ultraviolence. After taking us on the dark journey that came with the move to California, Old Money is an acknowledgement of the person she used to be, as she references the queen of New York City and reminisces on her family and simpler times, insisting that she'd run back if only she were asked to.

I think she sings from different perspectives and characters on all of her albums, but the overall story that she is telling is very consistent and constantly building upon what she's established in the previous records. I can't wait to see where LDR9 takes us now that she's really laid things out so personally in Blue Banisters, she could go in any direction from here.

I think i have to listen to White Dress at least 10 times a day to be able to manifest a "white dress" moment in LDR9

who's with me?

side bar: i think this is one of the most beautiful video she's ever created.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I want the title to be just one word and something bold (unless DNC is the title and not just a song, in that case it better be Diamonds Never Crack or something glamorous :creepna:)

As for the themes of the album I want it to be ethereal and dreamy like Paradise and Honeymoon. I really appreciate the straight to the point autobiographical lyrics on BB but I also love when I have no idea about what the fuck she's singing about  :thumb2:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Grenadine quarantine said:

Hoping Lana’s keeping her honeymoon account open cos she’s got an announcement coming 

wait WHAT

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

3 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

Cardigan and Wildest Dreams kind of remind of Lana. I could see them working well together. 

well wasnt wildest dreams a rip off of a lana song anyways? not trynna fight. that's just what i've heard the girls say for years.  :eartha:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

17 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i feel a sc*t attack coming from one of those new members not saying which just in case i'm wrong

first a sc*t attack, then comes the "insider leak", then comes the official pre-release

PLEASE HAPPEN

I need a wfwf moment in ldr9. I'm so sad that so many people love the BB album without appreciating this masterpiece.

It's one of her best songs ever.

and I feel this message from @dealerboulevard. dealerboulevard said bb ballads are so much better than nfr ballads. 

for two albums i was in a mental exile. I was absolutely lost. Only a few songs gave me hope. but my hope grows every day now. With the Blue Banisters album the leaks  snippet of buddys rendezvous, I feel alive again.

I have been very strict and critical with bb but this album has so much potential and creativity and I know she will expand it on ldr9

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

13 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

I need a wfwf moment in ldr9. I'm so sad that so many people love the BB album without appreciating this masterpiece.

It's one of her best songs ever.

It's surreal for me, because WFWF is definitely THE highlight of the album :toofunny: how can people not appreciate it...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

“There’s something in the wind... 

I can feel it coming in “

I have deets to drop, just confirming a few things but you all get ready to strap your seatbelts in..