Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

She acknowledge alot of things that almost of us dont know... lana is smart :blush3:

hopefully she'll be smart enough to decrease the amount of piano ballads she makes. like i love them, but not all the time

2 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

She is focusing alot on b sides projects.. thats the main reason why she dropped 2 albuns last year... so dont get high hopes on anything related about ldr9 anytime soon... :kiss3:

what sort of b side projects??:dua:

7 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Poetry, collab projects with another artists and other things that still tba :blush3:

a poetry album coming out is still fine tho. Since I actually LOVED "Violet" - which was my sleep therapy.

I can see BTIG coming out soon. LDR9 might be "later later" in this year (quarter III, eveb IV), so i dont think i'll expect anything too soon now. But STILL - Manifesting :smokes:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, lustforlife said:

FJM song will be another riverside case... all this expect and then 100k of streams :blush3:

Maybe even less tbh. Since it’s a vinyl exclusive, it probably won’t be available on streaming services until a few months after the album is released. That’s what happened with the vinyl exclusive tracks on Solar Power at least. It’s probably going to be one of those songs only her hardcore fans know about. 

1 hour ago, lustforlife said:

FJM song will be another riverside case... all this expect and then 100k of streams :blush3:

The original version is one of my most steamed songs, so I will personally NOT let it die :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

So, as usual, we just don't know. The only thing we do know for certain is that we'll have Buddy's Rendezvous by June, in one form or another. It will be available to listen to at least, if not purchase. 

And judging by the things we've been told here lately, the 'American Standards' album is/was just a pipe dream of Lana's and doesn't exist in actuality (that's unverified, of course). 

We don't know the status of the Nikki Lane collaboration, whether it's in process, has been stalled for the time being, or has been cancelled. 

We don't know what's happening with Iron Gates the album. 

We know she has a fairly large collection of produced, album-ready songs that she cut from her two albums with Jack and that she cut from 'Blue Banisters.' Probably enough to make an album, maybe two. 

It's a truism that "most artists are poor judges of their own work," and, on occasion, that does seem to be the case with Lana regarding the songs placed on albums and those cut. 

I can understand, from her perspective, how having, say, 40 fully-recorded songs from different recent periods to choose from for a new album could be difficult to shape into something that she feels represents her as she is now

She might feel like she is no longer interested in any of those for the time being, and wants to write completely new songs for LDR9. I don't see LDR9 coming this year. But we can hope. 

what if she embraces the tradition for LDR9?

bNMSHga.jpg

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

12 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

What do you mean by the tradition? 

the selphie album cover tradition 

5hmzQ7B.jpg

i mean didn't we all just know the list of her side projects grow even after she mentioned the covers n 25 track unreleased? it makes perfect sense in how her releases and lack of title intro'ing for the next tradition seems to not signify an album. 

she's been visiting the site/ team whoever noticing tidbits n stuff which can lead one to thinking that perhaps she might be doing a surprise release, but i'd honestly be real surprised that would release something in how careful bb is context-wise. healing takes a lot out of you so i wouldn't be surprised if she needed more time to better gather things to form another album. she does seem to move on pretty quickly when it comes to letting things out, but idk i'm not really feeling anything atm like it's just chill. which isn't a problem. 

like i mentioned early post release thread, i do hope she does more soundtrack music while we wait. 

UV/Honeymoon

I’m actually fine with collabs or soundtrack songs dropping sparsely this year: it should give her time to refocus and regroup and these side projects usually give us a different sound from her. 

46 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

i mean didn't we all just know the list of her side projects grow even after she mentioned the covers n 25 track unreleased? it makes perfect sense in how her releases and lack of title intro'ing for the next tradition seems to not signify an album. 

she's been visiting the site/ team whoever noticing tidbits n stuff which can lead one to thinking that perhaps she might be doing a surprise release, but i'd honestly be real surprised that would release something in how careful bb is context-wise. healing takes a lot out of you so i wouldn't be surprised if she needed more time to better gather things to form another album. she does seem to move on pretty quickly when it comes to letting things out, but idk i'm not really feeling anything atm like it's just chill. which isn't a problem. 

like i mentioned early post release thread, i do hope she does more soundtrack music while we wait. 

imagine if she just goes Nicki Minaj by releasing her 25best unreleased album

Some theories and stuff about the Lana projects we know of cause I'm bored:

- Regarding LDR9: She said in the IG live in October (?) that she had some songs she loved and then in December that the next album is even better than BB so she must have (at least in her mind) a concept for the next record and quite a lot of songs (based on the fact that she is already refering to an album and not just individual songs).

Maybe she's using some of the outtakes from the latest sessions and that's why she has a full project in mind already.

It can also be that she has a lot of written songs and demos that she hasn't recorded yet, so the album is not close at all to begin finished but she knows how it will sound. The DNC thing teasing also makes me think she has something really important to her  (that hopefully won't be scrapped by the time she's ready to release it)

- The Nikki x Lana record: They recently sang a new song and we could also hear a new Nikki track on her IG (that may be unrelated). I don't think it's really happening tho. I think we'll just get some collabs scattered among their albums or a couple of droplets (even though I'd prefer if they release a joint EP/album instead)

- Covers album: the last thing we know about this is that pic in front of Capitol Records when she told us she was working on the record. She has been working on it (allegedly) for quite some time now so I think it's safe to say it exists in some form but I don't know if we'll get it at all (maybe as a digital release while she waits for vinyl pressing or something like she wanted to during the Chemtrails rollout). She also said in the IG live something about a singer that would be important later in the year but nothing happened in the end.

- Unreleased Collection: this is a reach but she recently uploaded a clip of that short film she did with Trash Magic playing and she also captioned one of her ig pics with (maybe) lyrics from Disco. She probably just saw that fancam in some stan account she follows and liked it enough to upload it to her stories.

This is the least likely project to happen. I think BB already satisfied her needs of putting out officially some of her favorite unreleased tracks.

- The second poetry book: This is definitely happening cause she loves loves her poetry and she has a contract. What I find weird is that she used to really tease the poetry all the time and she just stopped almost completely now.

I probably missed a lot of things but Lana is large and contains multitudes :brows:

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

- Regarding LDR9: She said in the IG live in October (?) that she had some songs she loved and then in December that the next album is even better than BB so she must have (at least in her mind) a concept for the next record and quite a lot of songs (based on the fact that she is already refering to an album and not just individual songs).

Maybe she's using some of the outtakes from the latest sessions and that's why she has a full project in mind already.

It can also be that she has a lot of written songs and demos that she hasn't recorded yet, so the album is not close at all to begin finished but she knows how it will sound. The DNC thing teasing also makes me think she has something really important to her  (that hopefully won't be scrapped by the time she's ready to release it)

- The Nikki x Lana record: They recently sang a new song and we could also hear a new Nikki track on her IG (that may be unrelated). I don't think it's really happening tho. I think we'll just get some collabs scattered among their albums or a couple of droplets (even though I'd prefer if they release a joint EP/album instead)

- Covers album: the last thing we know about this is that pic in front of Capitol Records when she told us she was working on the record. She has been working on it (allegedly) for quite some time now so I think it's safe to say it exists in some form but I don't know if we'll get it at all (maybe as a digital release while she waits for vinyl pressing or something like she wanted to during the Chemtrails rollout). She also said in the IG live something about a singer that would be important later in the year but nothing happened in the end.

- Unreleased Collection: this is a reach but she recently uploaded a clip of that short film she did with Trash Magic playing and she also captioned one of her ig pics with (maybe) lyrics from Disco. She probably just saw that fancam in some stan account she follows and liked it enough to upload it to her stories.

This is the least likely project to happen. I think BB already satisfied her needs of putting out officially some of her favorite unreleased tracks.

- The second poetry book: This is definitely happening cause she loves loves her poetry and she has a contract. What I find weird is that she used to really tease the poetry all the time and she just stopped almost completely now.

I probably missed a lot of things but Lana is large and contains multitudes :brows:

doing God's work, i almost forgot all this

25 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Well done!