Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:

Omg. Someone help her. Jack gave her Stockholm syndrome Lana blink twice if you need helpΒ 

Hopefully it's only for the second poetry book, otherwise it's a loss for the culture

The fact that Emile Haynie, Zach Dawes, Miles Kane, Gabe Simon & Dan Auerbach are literally out there and she settles for... Jack. :air:

Β 

Lana has lost her mind and she perpetuating mind loss by pushing it off onto us.Β :true:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

The fact that Emile Haynie, Zach Dawes, Miles Kane, Gabe Simon & Dan Auerbach are literally out there and she works with... Jack.Β :air:

Β 

don’t forget david kahne, rick nowels & kieron menzies :awkney2:Β 

Β 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, lustforlife said:

I think Lorde started to work in her next album too? Maybe he is booked and bused

Β 

lorde pleek put down the spliff and just record normal music not whatever drugged out haze solar power was

i want to know what it is about jack that all of the indie pop girls + taylor are just foaming at the mouth for

Β 

does he have a great set? is that it? does he sign them into cult contracts? like what the fuck is it :crying2:

Β 

his production isn’t even bad he’s just oversaturating the market and it’s boring af

3 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

I think Lorde started to work in her next album too? Maybe he is booked and bused

Yeah I don’t know how he always finds time to work on all these albums. I know he worked onΒ Florence andΒ Zoë Kravitz’s upcoming albums. There was a rumor he is producing Phoebe Bridgers’ album too.Β 

3 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Yeah I don’t know how he always finds time to work on all these albums. I know he worked onΒ Florence andΒ Zoë Kravitz’s upcoming albums. There was a rumor he is producing Phoebe Bridgers’ album too.Β 

Β 

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i want to know what it is about jack that all of the indie pop girls + taylor are just foaming at the mouth for

Β 

does he have a great set? is that it? does he sign them into cult contracts? like what the fuck is it :crying2:

Β 

his production isn’t even bad he’s just oversaturating the market and it’s boring af

Β 

case in point :crying3:

12 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

:creep3: … anyway

Both Lana and Jack are very versatile. It’s not excluded that they will follow a completely new sound :dua:Β please Lana

Β 

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Β 

Β 

The music business is shady.Β Especially for women. As far as I could read in interviews, female singers seem to feel taken seriously by him. And also:

His favorite musicians are female, he writes with a female voice in his head, and he can't stand the masculine bravado that so often takes up all the space in recording studios and the music industry itself.

Β 

https://i-d.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/9kbbaz/jack-antonoff-on-the-creative-women-in-his-life

Β 

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/09/taylor-swift-producer-jack-antonoff-im-drawn-to-female-artists-who-are-brutally-honest

Β 

edit: more people in the Charlie thread than hereΒ :lmaoney:

Wasn't Laura the sound engineer responsible for the atrocious, flat & tinnyΒ mixing on most NFR songs?

1 minute ago, COCC said:

The music business is shady.Β Especially for women. As far as I could read in interviews, female singers seem to feel taken seriously by him. And also:

His favorite musicians are female, he writes with a female voice in his head, and he can't stand the masculine bravado that so often takes up all the space in recording studios and the music industry itself.

Β 

i’m glad jack is a good person that doesn’t harass women but there has to be ONE other producer that doesn’t harass women :scoff:

like literally one other person

Just now, the ocean said:

Β 

i’m glad jack is a good person that doesn’t harass women but there has to be ONE other producer that doesn’t harass women :scoff:

like literally one other person

I mean itβ€˜s not only about harassing, itβ€˜s also about finding a producer who knows how to channel your creativity and who isnβ€˜t trying toΒ impose his own style or to follow the mainstream. Lana has always spoken very appreciatively about him, so I don't think many producers are eligible for her. Somebody should ask Rob on Twitter or invite him to LanaboardsΒ :lmaoney:

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Me watching people complain about Jack

Β 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tru3ld5ut53kfxi2sr

It's only the beginningβ€”reconnecting with my 2019/20 self.Β 

H0eUOaC.gif