Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Guys. Let's talk about the album cover concept.

I'm thinking of pink pastel vintage in color tone-wise. I can feel it fits with "Rock Candy Sweet" concept & that "bombastic NFR" vibe

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Guys. Let's talk about the album cover concept.

I'm thinking of pink pastel vintage in color tone-wise. I can feel it fits with "Rock Candy Sweet" concept & that "bombastic NFR" vibe

Lana hasn't released a conceptual album since Honeymoon, in fact it's pretty much her only quote on quote concept album :runs:

i want something natural but gorgeous for the album cover. something in the vein of this insta collage. like lana lounging on a vintage, floral couch in a trailer park w the lanita bracelet on. almost like a homage to her lizzie days. trashy yet beautiful. ((and ofc shot on film by neil krug)) 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

5 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

the way i haven't listened to violet for AWHILE.. i gotta give her some love again :rollin:something poetic & string-filled for ldr9 would be sweet 

SPORTCRUISER, Paradise is very fragile, tessa dipiedro, salamander & patent leather do-ever are one of the bests instrumentals honestly, the album was so peaceful & calm. She doesn't have to serve us bangers, she just can give us something like these and it's still good enough if she's really working with Antonoff.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

28 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

nfr/chemtrails >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> blue banisters... I SAID WHAT I SAID! :read: 

this is just a fact :true: if having jack back means we have nfr/chemtrails tier songs… i’m happy. 

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

SPORTCRUISER, Paradise is very fragile, tessa dipiedro, salamander & patent leather do-ever are one of the bests instrumentals honestly, the album was so peaceful & calm. She doesn't have to serve us bangers, she just can give us something like these and it's still good enough if she's really working with Antonoff.

i would be happy w that tbh! violet is so dreamy yet haunting.. i just don't want the 3rd version of nfr lmao 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

If the album sounds anything like the past three, then... 

From Norman: Mariners, Venice, California and The Greatest.

From Chemtrails: Waitress, Chemtrails, Dark and Yosemite.

From Banisters: Text Book, Black Bathing Suit, Arcadia, Thunder. 

Those songs have an amazing production, I love the instrumentation and I wouldn't be mad at the idea of having similar songs! However, I do hope the vocals are polished and the mixing isn't... weird :um3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

i think what’s been bothering me most about lana’s recent work is the lyrics. she truly missed the mark on a lot of songs specifically on chemtrails and bb… more so bb. its what stops me from listening to songs like bbs, violet, beautiful, yosemite, and so on. the lyrics truly make me cringe in some parts of those songs. so i guess the biggest change that i believe needs to happen is in lanas writing. 

30 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

oh babe, you’ll be starving if it’s another Jack Antonoff album 

I love NFR it always brings me back to summer 2019

COCC is not my fav but has some of my favourites out of Lana’s discography (WD,COCC, TJF, DTWD) 

I love what they’ve made together so I’ll be eating fine

and at the end of the day it’s more Lana and that’s always something I look forward too regardless of who produces it

BUT let the fighting continue, I got my popcorn :hottie:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Personally, I'm hoping that the aesthetic of the album matches the aesthetic of the Honeymoon posts from this year :yesnod: Also, I feel like Jack can do way more than he has so far. The production on Violet is to die for. If things like that can be done by him, who's to say other things can't? 

imageproxy.jpg

10 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i think what’s been bothering me most about lana’s recent work is the lyrics. she truly missed the mark on a lot of songs specifically on chemtrails and bb… more so bb. its what stops me from listening to songs like bbs, violet, beautiful, yosemite, and so on. the lyrics truly make me cringe in some parts of those songs. so i guess the biggest change that i believe needs to happen is in lanas writing. 

idk i feel like she’s putting in all of her writing effort into poetry

4 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

idk i feel like she’s putting in all of her writing effort into poetry

if that’s the case, this poetry book better be her magnum opus 

1 minute ago, takemetothegasstation said:

How can you not like the lyrics on BBS?

By the way, thanks for the shooo-hoo-hoo-hoooz.

Masterpiece.

the first verse…. that’s all i need to say :mj:

5 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Literally everything about BBS is a masterpiece :true:

Me before I listen to BBS:

AD31784-B-AF3-B-4-FD4-928-A-63-BC8726-C2

Me after I listen to BBS:

DFC49-B68-6047-4434-A67-D-92-AEFAC76287.

Black Bathing Suit making gaping holes since October 2021. 

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Literally everything about BBS is a masterpiece :true:

Me before I listen to BBS:

AD31784-B-AF3-B-4-FD4-928-A-63-BC8726-C2

Me after I listen to BBS:

DFC49-B68-6047-4434-A67-D-92-AEFAC76287.

so i'm not friends with my mother but i still love my dad untraditional lover can you handle that?

eC6Q4Civ8TurCZbYA5wNmm.jpg